Sign in to follow this  
eggomylego

Echo 1 G36c upgrade plans

If it's a new E1, it should come with 7mm bearings. I wouldn't suggest running an SP120 on 7mm bearings, they might give out. I think you would be better off with this set up:

Guarder spring guide

#14 O ring

Systema duracon piston head (non-bearing)

Guarder SP110

And if you are nozzle or cylinder head leaks, get a new nozzle and teflon tape the cylinder head. FTKs aren't necessary unless all of the stock parts are bad/worn out. E1s come with great gears and bushings. The cylinder assembly can be a hit or miss. Piston is decent and will be fine with an SP110 spring. If you plan to run an SP120, get an Element clear piston.

But yeah, Guarder kits come with 6mm bushings and those won't work.

Edited by Stealthmaster14

What about this

Would that be good with a m110? Why can't I use a m120? Why would it work for a 6mm gearbox but not a 7mm?

Bryan

If I buy the G36 in the picture will it be a good reference for taking apart my E1?

Bryan

Guarder SP110=M120. Guarder SP120=M130 spring. (about 420-440 fps) Guarder springs are one rating higher than what they say. (So like an SP100 is an M110 spring)

That kit will work as long as it isn't bore up. The only thing in a Guarder FTK you can't use are the bushings, they are too small. Everything else should fit. Guarder nozzles are pretty short though, they may not work in a JG/E1 G36. E1/JG G36s use very long nozzles.

Using a Guarder nozzle might make your seal worse.

Those guns might be LPEGs and if they are, they will not help with taking apart your E1.

Really all you need to run an SP110 spring (M120) in a JG/E1 is

Ball bearing spring guide (Guarder)

New piston head (not necessary, but a good idea)

Reshim/regrease

Metal bushings (your E1 should have 7mm bearings, so you're good there)

Alright this isn't working to well for me describing what I want to you in FTK's. What I am looking for in my E1 is:

400-430 fps

High rof--20bps at most

great accuracy.

Now can give me a custom setup for the situation. I have around $150. What are deans connectors? Where do they go? What is a mosfet chip? Will I need one for the rof?

Bryan

Guarder SP120 if you want over 400 fps.

Guarder bearing spring guide, #14 O ring, Systema Duracon, and an Element clear piston.

Element high torque motor, G&P M160, and possibly a Guarder HS motor. IDK which of those would be best.

Systema bucking, SCS, Prometheus, Madbull, or Edgi barrel

Elite 9.6v 1500mah nunchuk with 16wg wiring from cheapbatterypacks.com

Deans connectors replace the stock Tamiyas and increase the trigger response and ROF. You don't need a mosfet, but they are always a good idea. MOSFETs basically keep your trigger contacts from wearing out.

I think this is what im going to put in it(tell me if something is wrong):

guarder sp110-400fps?

guarder bearing spring guide, #14 O ring, Systema Duracon, and an Element clear piston.

G&P M140 motor

Systema bucing, SCS h nub,

Prometheus 247mm 6.03 barrel

The 9.6 with 16wg

Deans

Where can I get deans and do they go in the front to the battery to gearbox?

Bryan

I would avoid the G&P M140 motor. I have heard that it does not perform well. Stick to the G&P M120 (high speed) or G&P M160 (high torque) for your gun.

With the G&P M120 and a good 9.6v battery, you should be able to hit 20+ bps with an SP110.

The Deans connectors go to the battery. You also have to cut off the Tamyia connector on your gun and replace it with a Deans connector as well.

The more torque you motor can provide, the higher the spring rating it can pull.

The G&P M120 can pull up to an m120 spring on stock gears and gives you a better ROF

Higher torque motors also have better trigger response. (more instantaneous firing) A high torque motor may be better in some situations, however I think in your case you will have better results with the G&P M120

So I should get the G&P m120? Will that last a long time? Will I be able to pull an m120 and have 20bps?

Bryan

If you plan to run an SP110, definitely go for the G&P M120 motor. I've got one in my G36K and it rips. Even with an 8.4v, it gives a great ROF.

You should get 20 rps if you use a 9.6v and deans.

Guarder SP110=M120. Guarder SP120=M130 spring. (about 420-440 fps) Guarder springs are one rating higher than what they say. (So like an SP100 is an M110 spring)

Did you read this? A Guarder SP110 IS an M120. A Guarder SP120 is an M130 and so on and so on.

With the G&P M120 motor, you don't want to run a spring stronger than an M120 (SP110), you risk burning out your motor. (some people have at least) G&P M120 motors are battery hogs anyway, I don't think they'd run very well with an SP120.

Does that mean I should get the G&P 160 motor for more torque to take a guarder m110?

Bryan

No. The G&P M120 can handle the Guarder SP110 just fine. With a good battery you can easily get 20+bps with that setup.

lol, this thread is FULL of hearsay..

I have an SP120 FTK (or had one.. replaced most of the parts in it actually), all you have to do is just use your stock bearings. I suggest you downgrade to an SP110 like Stealth said though, the SP120 is a very, very hot spring. I have one in my G36 right now.