Sign in to follow this  
dooodstevenn

m700

I just finnished putting some electrical tape between the inner barrel and the giant brass nut, and my barrel is rock solid, now for teflon tape...where do I put it? lol...pictures? I did find a guide in the pinned post, but the pictures were not posted, and the guy never did repost or fix it, I have been able to take my gun down to the hop up unit and inner barrel itself. so if someone has a picture of where the teflon tape is, that would be great..thanks!

Edit: when I say hop up and inner barrel I mean I was holding the inner barrel alone WITHOUT the hop up on it. so just the inner barrel with the bucking and thats it

I just finnished putting some electrical tape between the inner barrel and the giant brass nut, and my barrel is rock solid, now for teflon tape...where do I put it? lol...pictures? I did find a guide in the pinned post, but the pictures were not posted, and the guy never did repost or fix it, I have been able to take my gun down to the hop up unit and inner barrel itself. so if someone has a picture of where the teflon tape is, that would be great..thanks!

Edit: when I say hop up and inner barrel I mean I was holding the inner barrel alone WITHOUT the hop up on it. so just the inner barrel with the bucking and thats it

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Mods-Kjw...se-t140079.html

The teflon goes around the lower end of the hop up rubber and the barrel. The purpose of the teflon mod is to seal in any air that might flow up through hop up window and out at the end of hop up rubber. Since may rubber's have an air seal lip built on the teflon tape only helps a minor amount. There is no need to add a lot as an air seal plus the 2 piece clamshell hop up housing already makes a fairly good seal.

If you apply it to your rifle be careful not to twist the rubber out of position.