Sign in to follow this  
dooodstevenn

KA conversion chamber = VSR barrel ONLY?

AEG barrels have a length-wise cut for the bucking while VSR-10 barrels have a circular cut for the bucking. That's the only difference that I know of.

I'd be best to get a VSR barrel. The endcap is designed for the 555mm VSR barrels and the bucking will pit perfectly without having to modify it.

If you want you can buy an aeg barrel and use it. The bucking for a vrs 10 will bulge where the circular cut should be. You can probably just stick the bucking on the aeg barrel and assemble the hop up. This is what I did with my KJW 700, which has a vsr type hop up cut/bucking, I later cut the groove around the barrel for the lip of the bucking. I didn't notice any accuracy change with the groove.

In short, yes you can use an aeg barrel in this chamber if you want. But I don't know if it would be worth the money for the quality you'll get.

The problem of using a VSR bucking on an AEG barrel is that the lip of the bucking is meant to seal the bucking against the barrel. If you cut a groove for the lip, it most likely will not create a tight seal. Even on my KA chamber + PDI 6.01 VSR barrel + KA air seal bucking, there was leaks around the leap of the bucking, which really affected consistency.

Edited by rdjorge

The problem of using a VSR bucking on an AEG barrel is that the lip of the bucking is meant to seal the bucking against the barrel. If you cut a groove for the lip, it most likely will not create a tight seal. Even on my KA chamber + PDI 6.01 VSR barrel + KA air seal bucking, there was leaks around the leap of the bucking, which really affected consistency.

Maybe a little off topic, but how did you end up fixing it? Teflon tape?

I will have the same setup as you exactly (just ordered it) and I don't want leaks.