to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Archgaull

Whats wrong with Florida Airsoft

What is up with Florida Airsoft? I've heard they have a horrible attitude for anyone under 18, but I didnt believe the rumors till now. I just created an account on there, and right off the bat they started hating on me because im under 18 (im 15). Also, it seems that FA has made it impossible through bullying techniques for anyone under 18 to play at one of their sponsored fields.

What is up with Florida Airsoft? I've heard they have a horrible attitude for anyone under 18, but I didnt believe the rumors till now. I just created an account on there, and right off the bat they started hating on me because im under 18 (im 15). Also, it seems that FA has made it impossible through bullying techniques for anyone under 18 to play at one of their sponsored fields.

Half my team is under 18.. I am almost twice that age. We do not frown on teenagers playing on our field. We like everyone who wants to come out and have fun airsofting, to come on out. All we ask of people is do not act stupid and treat other players like you want to be treated. Airsoft is meant to be fun. We are not a 100% milsim type team. We have a structure and squads and work together accordingly.

Probably because most of the kids under 18 are stupid with guns and have no safety skills.

Not just.... I've seen many "adult" players with far worse weapon handling skills than the younger guys. I think you have to take it on a case by case basis...

Probably because most of the kids under 18 are stupid with guns and have no safety skills.

Thats their whole attitude. me, and 3 of my friends who play airsoft all made accounts there, and almost immediately got bashed, and banned. they seem to think everyone under 18 is just some dumb kid trying to hurt people.

Also, Siege where do you play? I know of Orbital in Tampa, and a few small fields near Miami, but thats about it.

Edited by Archgaull

Arch, orbital is great for you guys. A good mix of age and experience. Made it out there last month and had alot of fun. Not the most professionally thrown together events, but still.

love how people over 18 act like anyone under 18 are totally incompetent/stupid/immature/etc. which is totally false seeing as I see more cases of people over 18 being stupid than people under 18.

age doesn't equal maturity.

also arch there are monthly Ops sponsored by 6mm junkies at Waynes world. they announce the date of ops on their site(they don't have any age restrictions).

FA is not the authority on airsoft. they just happen to have one of the oldest forum sites. Florida law states you must be 18 to purchase an airsoft gun but you don't have to be 18 to play. There are some decent guys on the FA site but quite alot have swollen heads and think they are gods gift to airsoft.

Not sure how the answer to this question goes to help your case.

You can't be under 18 in federal prison as you are legally considered a juvenile until you hit the age of 18. It'd be the same as me trying to say kids are immature because how many people over 18 do you see in juvenile detention centers.

Lol, just think about this:

How many people under 18 are in Federal prisons?

Thats their whole attitude. me, and 3 of my friends who play airsoft all made accounts there, and almost immediately got bashed, and banned. they seem to think everyone under 18 is just some dumb kid trying to hurt people.

Also, Siege where do you play? I know of Orbital in Tampa, and a few small fields near Miami, but thats about it.

We play up in Citrus County. We have our own field which is approximately 15 acres marked off. I do however, have about 100 more acres to expand the field if I need to. We welcome other teams to coe to our field and we sometimes make trips to Waynes World in Ocala for their airsoft events, and Area 41 in Brooksville. We plan to try out the new indoor field in Ocala soon. You and your friends are more then welcome to come up by us and enjoy airsoft with us. We play different kinds of games plus I try to have a different kind of senerio game each month on our field. You can check us out at www.teamats.webs.com We have a map to the field on the first page

love how people over 18 act like anyone under 18 are totally incompetent/stupid/immature/etc. which is totally false seeing as I see more cases of people over 18 being stupid than people under 18.

age doesn't equal maturity.

also arch there are monthly Ops sponsored by 6mm junkies at Waynes world. they announce the date of ops on their site(they don't have any age restrictions).

I believe you are wrong here. Last I remember they do have an age limit. 12 and older can play with a waiver. 10 and 11 year old kids can play with a waiver but the parent must be on the property.

Not sure how the answer to this question goes to help your case.

You can't be under 18 in federal prison as you are legally considered a juvenile until you hit the age of 18. It'd be the same as me trying to say kids are immature because how many people over 18 do you see in juvenile detention centers.

Depending on the age of the juvenile and the severity of the crime, they can be charged as an adult.

We play up in Citrus County. We have our own field which is approximately 15 acres marked off. I do however, have about 100 more acres to expand the field if I need to. We welcome other teams to coe to our field and we sometimes make trips to Waynes World in Ocala for their airsoft events, and Area 41 in Brooksville. We plan to try out the new indoor field in Ocala soon. You and your friends are more then welcome to come up by us and enjoy airsoft with us. We play different kinds of games plus I try to have a different kind of senerio game each month on our field. You can check us out at www.teamats.webs.com We have a map to the field on the first page

I think ill take you up one that some day. ill talk to some of my friends, and maybe we can set up some skirmishes. most of us are 14-16 btw, and no one has any real guns, mostly shotguns, and some LPEG's. currently I'm using a UTG MK96.

I think ill take you up one that some day. ill talk to some of my friends, and maybe we can set up some skirmishes. most of us are 14-16 btw, and no one has any real guns, mostly shotguns, and some LPEG's. currently I'm using a UTG MK96.

Not a problem. Not everyone on my team has full metal aeg's. Some are just starting out and using walmart guns. We have members from age 10 and up. But don't worry about them, they know if they play they get shot regardless of their age. No exceptions for young players. Need to contact me just email me at Siege1cj<AT>tampabay.rr.com

Ok first off FA is a site for adults not kids. It says plainly when you get the account. It is Florida law that anyone under 18 CANNOT purchase guns. It also brings up a sweet liability factor as well. The guy who owns the site is a lawyer he knows. On another note they have toned down the under 18 hate and made some polite responses. If you wanna play go to 6mm junkies site, TC Airsoft, or Sharsworld forums. They all allow minors to play as well as Black Tigers games out at Orbital. There are a lot of good guys on FA and very few Dbags. When you turn 18 come on back and join in on the fun. Hope this helps out and remember play safe and have fun.

Ok first off FA is a site for adults not kids. It says plainly when you get the account. It is Florida law that anyone under 18 CANNOT purchase guns. It also brings up a sweet liability factor as well. The guy who owns the site is a lawyer he knows. On another note they have toned down the under 18 hate and made some polite responses. If you wanna play go to 6mm junkies site, TC Airsoft, or Sharsworld forums. They all allow minors to play as well as Black Tigers games out at Orbital. There are a lot of good guys on FA and very few Dbags. When you turn 18 come on back and join in on the fun. Hope this helps out and remember play safe and have fun.

Still, they could have politely pointed that out, and then asked nicely. Instead, they treated me and my friends like criminals, and banned us. I do plan on going to the Black Tiger games soon, but first I need to buy a ghillie suit.

Still, they could have politely pointed that out, and then asked nicely. Instead, they treated me and my friends like criminals, and banned us. I do plan on going to the Black Tiger games soon, but first I need to buy a ghillie suit.

I play at orbital, and am on team ronin.

Im just warning you, Most of the people out there with ghilies are complete idiots who think they can run 100 mph and not be seen cuz they have a ghillie on. So chances are people will look at you like your an idiot, and automatically group you with the others, even if your not. Also, IMO, no1 NEEDS a ghillie, I was a sniper (not some kid who comes out there with a tye dye shirt, and some jeans running around shooting, and barely aiming like 90% of the little kids with sniper rifles out there who think that makes them a sniper), for about a year and a half, trust me, if you stay still enough and don't move to much, nobody will see you, I have had people walk 5 feet in front of me and not see me while I have been laying down taking shots. but if you really feel the need to get one, im not gonna stop you :a-grin:

I just relized how insanly off topic I got, but I just spent 15 minutes typing, so im gonna just submit it