Sign in to follow this  
dooodstevenn

rifle releases NO gas

yes my pcs bolt is open..heck completely open the problem is that pin1 (pin on the gun) doesnt reach pin2 (pin on mag that when pressed releases gas) pin2 is worn by pin1 and I was wondering how to replace it? I was thinking of soldering a bit of heavy duty solder so it would extend pin2 a bit, but im not sure if the solder could handle the upgraded striker spring hitting it that hard. how do I replace it? what is it called? will solder work?

G&G Power pack has everything you need for the magazine. If you're on a budget you can just get the G&G striker plate to replace the old and worn striker plate. I wouldn't recommend trying to silver solder anything considering its low grade aluminum and will probably melt or warp.

G&G Power pack has everything you need for the magazine. If you're on a budget you can just get the G&G striker plate to replace the old and worn striker plate. I wouldn't recommend trying to silver solder anything considering its low grade aluminum and will probably melt or warp.

is the striker plate the pin on the mag? or the pin on the rifle that strikes the mag?

you shouldn't be able to see the pin on the tanaka mag, the hammer hits a lever plate which then hits the pin

so if you are seeing a pin, your missing the lever plate, never actually heard of one getting lost.

I also cant really imagine the thing wearing so much it isn't being hit, so maybe it is another problem.

you shouldn't be able to see the pin on the tanaka mag, the hammer hits a lever plate which then hits the pin

so if you are seeing a pin, your missing the lever plate, never actually heard of one getting lost.

I also cant really imagine the thing wearing so much it isn't being hit, so maybe it is another problem.

wow...I looked it up and evike had a picture of the back. and I am missing the plate. can I buy a new one? or just get a new mag?

wow...I looked it up and evike had a picture of the back. and I am missing the plate. can I buy a new one? or just get a new mag?

just buy yourself the plate. Mags are extremely expensive and the plate is pretty cheap. G&G makes an upgraded one that ASGI has for about $12

as above

its been a while but IIRC there's a pin that holds that lever in, that sits inside of an oblong hole so it can slide up and down a little, you will probably have to fabricate that pin out of "something" model stores sometimes sell brass rods that make pretty good pins and you can cut them with tin snips.

I /think/ there is a tiny spring that pushes out on that lever, someone else will have to confirm, but either way it is un necessary.