PolishLad

Seattle/Renton, WA Indoor Setting Interest?

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, but well familiar with airsoft. My group, based in Renton, Washington USA, is looking into the possibility of investing in an indoor airsoft setting. I would just like to gauge interest to see if there are enough people who would be interested; we would only require full face masks, standard/low cap magazines, and <300 fps.

Benefits: Standard temperature, dry and clean atmosphere, complimentary snacks, green gas fill-ups, and bbs.

Disadvantages: Very small CQB type setting, admission fee (to be decided...please give opinion)

Safety, Fun, comfort, and realism are our priorities, in that order ; )

Yeah I would like to come down and play and what is the highest fps limit and do we bring are own bbs

Good to hear approval; your presence would be warmly welcomed, once the indoor setting is ready that is. For FPS limits, my group is not particular with rate of fire (that’s why we ask for standard or mid capacity magazines only), but we would like to maintain a strict limit of 300 fps or even lower (more tests are needed to determine potential injury). Besides that, I will just stress that full face mask protection would be required. Green gas, bbs, and food would be provided, all covered under the admission fee (which still needs to be decided, less than most other airsoft fields for sure though).

Good to hear approval; your presence would be warmly welcomed, once the indoor setting is ready that is. For FPS limits, my group is not particular with rate of fire (that’s why we ask for standard or mid capacity magazines only), but we would like to maintain a strict limit of 300 fps or even lower (more tests are needed to determine potential injury). Besides that, I will just stress that full face mask protection would be required. Green gas, bbs, and food would be provided, all covered under the admission fee (which still needs to be decided, less than most other airsoft fields for sure though).

well I think that the limit for fps should be like under 350 but it depends on how big the place is because in tac city they have the fps limit for under 350

well I think that the limit for fps should be like under 350 but it depends on how big the place is because in tac city they have the fps limit for under 350

tac city is a very large CQB area hence the 350 fps limit 300 fps is about perfect

my gun shoots 280 for CQB and it works great

and would love to see an indoor cqb place around here

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, but well familiar with airsoft. My group, based in Renton, Washington USA, is looking into the possibility of investing in an indoor airsoft setting. I would just like to gauge interest to see if there are enough people who would be interested; we would only require full face masks, standard/low cap magazines, and <300 fps.

Benefits: Standard temperature, dry and clean atmosphere, complimentary snacks, green gas fill-ups, and bbs.

Disadvantages: Very small CQB type setting, admission fee (to be decided...please give opinion)

I am located in renton as well and I think it would be great if there was another cqb place closer than tacoma tactical brcause it can be a hassle to drive there, and somthing local would be awsome it sounds good to me.

I am located in renton as well and I think it would be great if there was another cqb place closer than tacoma tactical brcause it can be a hassle to drive there, and somthing local would be awsome it sounds good to me.

Thank you all for the encouraging feed back and interest, your comments helped for sure. There should definetly be an indoor setting within Renton, but unfortunetly it will not be through my group. We have choosen to drop our investment for what would have been a 100 feet squared space, it seemed just too small to appeal to enough enthusiasts.

I fell, however, that this thread was not a waste, in that I met many new airsofters and got to know a good number of airsoft sites. My group is now comprised of four people, though it was considerabley bigger prior to college; if anyone would like to meet us at a site (we have plans to visit Tacoma Tactical this summer) and show us around that would be great. Nice to meet you all.

Edited by PolishLad

Well that is a bummer that you couldn't get things figured out and if you ever want to have an airsoft fight with me my team web site is Wolverine-Killer and I should have pictures of the place tomorrow so you can see how cool it is.

Already a place in Renton;

Flashpoint

http://flashpoint-airsoft.com/index.htm

Flashpoint looks great, how often do they allow the public to play at their indoor setting?

I don't like the NO OUTSIDER BBs policy, though I understand the reasoning behind it; I wonder if they would let me use my Tokyo Marui .2s?

Edited by PolishLad

Last I heard, they were shut down.

Luckily, Tacoma Tactical has opened up a much bigger facility, getting better each day

Hello All,

where in renton? and I know a cqb place in tacoma called tacoma tactical.

Last I heard, they were shut down.

Luckily, Tacoma Tactical has opened up a much bigger facility, getting better each day

I think they're temporarily closed due to lack of staff.

Yeah, Flashpoint is a private club, which I like more because you get more serious airsofters. When I played at TacTac there were so many cheaters it was ridiculous. And the No Outside BB rule is for insurance purposes, and the BBs they sell there are top notch and super cheap.

Oh, and I'd prefer better customer service/relations (Flashpoint) over places that treat their customers like :pain:.

Edited by OPD Explorer Day

I think they're temporarily closed due to lack of staff.

Yeah, Flashpoint is a private club, which I like more because you get more serious airsofters. When I played at TacTac there were so many cheaters it was ridiculous. And the No Outside BB rule is for insurance purposes, and the BBs they sell there are top notch and super cheap.

Oh, and I'd prefer better customer service/relations (Flashpoint) over places that treat their customers like :pain:.

That is to say Tactac's staff is questionable, or just the people that go there? I would like visit both Flashpoint and Tactac, but what I dislike are immature airsofters who modify their replicas to shoot 400+fps.

That sort of power is not needed, the terminal velocity of airsoft bbs is low; it may exit the replica at 500 feet per second but as soon as it meets air resistance it slows down to the point where it travels barley any farther than a bb that was sent-of at say about 350fps. Longer and tighter bore barrels are the answer to range, not fps tune ups that simply cause injuries to people within 30 feet or less.

Anyway, put simply, who should I visit first for some safe airsoft fun?

That is to say Tactac's staff is questionable, or just the people that go there? I would like visit both Flashpoint and Tactac, but what I dislike are immature airsofters who modify their replicas to shoot 400+fps.

That sort of power is not needed, the terminal velocity of airsoft bbs is low; it may exit the replica at 500 feet per second but as soon as it meets air resistance it slows down to the point where it travels barley any farther than a bb that was sent-of at say about 350fps. Longer and tighter bore barrels are the answer to range, not fps tune ups that simply cause injuries to people within 30 feet or less.

Anyway, put simply, who should I visit first for some safe airsoft fun?

I don't know about the new TacTac, but during my experiences there I did not feel safe at all. Several times, one of their admins (Zack...I think) took more time talking crap to people and showing off his gear than doing his job. Several times I saw people go in to the arena without chrono-ing their weapons, and several times I saw people get shot by guns shooting WAY faster than the FPS limit, somewhere around 350-400 FPS.

Also their customer service was.....lacking. One time I was there the same admin (Zack), who walks around in full tac gear pretending to be in the Army, decided to talk some crap to 3 soldiers who just came back from Iraq. He honestly came within an inch of getting his :censored2: kicked. In fact, there's only one guy there that works retail that I actually respect; he's kind and extremely helpful, whereas everyone else seems to be demeaning and elitist.

Basically, in my experience, I find the staff at Flashpoint to be much more professional, and I find the atmosphere much safer there as well.

That said, I haven't gone to their new facility yet.

I don't know about the new TacTac, but during my experiences there I did not feel safe at all. Several times, one of their admins (Zack...I think) took more time talking crap to people and showing off his gear than doing his job. Several times I saw people go in to the arena without chrono-ing their weapons, and several times I saw people get shot by guns shooting WAY faster than the FPS limit, somewhere around 350-400 FPS.

Also their customer service was.....lacking. One time I was there the same admin (Zack), who walks around in full tac gear pretending to be in the Army, decided to talk some crap to 3 soldiers who just came back from Iraq. He honestly came within an inch of getting his :censored2: kicked. In fact, there's only one guy there that works retail that I actually respect; he's kind and extremely helpful, whereas everyone else seems to be demeaning and elitist.

Basically, in my experience, I find the staff at Flashpoint to be much more professional, and I find the atmosphere much safer there as well.

That said, I haven't gone to their new facility yet.

Considering that Flashpoint caters to real training personnel, I’m not surprised that they're professional. Thanks for sharing your experience at Tactac, that’s exactly what I was looking for; granted I would like to hear from others to make sure the staff there really are questionable to everyone.

The only problem I see, going into this summer with Flashpoint, is that their facility seems to be closed according to their web calendar. Are they accepting people by call bases?

Edited by PolishLad

Hello All,

Well, when you do open an indoor, send me the info and I will post on my website and store. Thanks

Much has changed at Tacoma Tactical 2.0 so I hope people arn't basing their opinions on a few people's experience at the old facility, that being said, I welcome you all to come down to the new Tacoma Tactical www.tacomatactical.com and check it out, its over twice the size of the old facility and many changes have been made with SOP and staff.

Flashpoint was closed by the city as well as the first TacTac, due to not being able to meet certain regulations. Hellmutt has worked VERY closely with the city of Tacoma, and that was what enabled him to open the new facility, right across from the 11th street bridge. Directions and retail/facility hours on the website.

Well, when you do open an indoor, send me the info and I will post on my website and store. Thanks

Should I fall behind my responses to this forum, everyone interested may keep up with news at this website:

Visit My Website

I will try to be prompt nonetheless. Guy_With_A_Gun, now that your facility is larger does that mean your accepting higher fps rates? (I personally hope not)

Should I fall behind my responses to this forum, everyone interested may keep up with news at this website:

Visit My Website

I will try to be prompt nonetheless. Guy_With_A_Gun, now that your facility is larger does that mean your accepting higher fps rates? (I personally hope not)

330 is the new FPS limit, rules and other rtegulations can be found at www.TacomaTactical.com

I don't know about a higher fps but I would be really interested in maybe a bigger coarse.100sq ft. Seems kind of small.

To answer your original question I would be excited to get a new local place, especially if there's free food!!

The new field is over twice the size of the old facility, and there is still unused space which we will be expanding into later on.

here's a picture of the facility during the building phase, currently 5 buildings, room for 2 more in the back. and while we don't have free food, there's plenty of snacks for sale, as well as a kickbutt cafe down the street

910102544_XVcs5-L.jpg

Personally, I will drop by the new Tactac to try it out, but if the staff is as subpar as it was previously, Tactac will cease to receive my money.

Hellmut himself is respectable, in my opinion. It's the staff the kinda flip me off. I heard this from a friend- a few months ago (yeah, this is older), there was a 17-yr-old staff member reffing one day. He was messing with his sidearm in the ready-room, crappy trigger and muzzle discipline, loaded mags, the works. Two men told him to stop screwing around, and his response was essentially, I believe, "F**k off." ....... Yeah. The two men were Rangers just back from two deployments in Afghanistan. That ref was fired, but even so, this does not give me an urge to go to Tactac again.

Personally, I will drop by the new Tactac to try it out, but if the staff is as subpar as it was previously, Tactac will cease to receive my money.

Hellmut himself is respectable, in my opinion. It's the staff the kinda flip me off. I heard this from a friend- a few months ago (yeah, this is older), there was a 17-yr-old staff member reffing one day. He was messing with his sidearm in the ready-room, crappy trigger and muzzle discipline, loaded mags, the works. Two men told him to stop screwing around, and his response was essentially, I believe, "F**k off." ....... Yeah. The two men were Rangers just back from two deployments in Afghanistan. That ref was fired, but even so, this does not give me an urge to go to Tactac again.

Same here. EVERY time I went there, I saw a subpar, and sometimes dangerous, staff.

Same here. EVERY time I went there, I saw a subpar, and sometimes dangerous, staff.

Whilst I do not want this thread to become a "tactac hate" one, this feedback is helpful to me. If staff are questionable, I do not want to think about how incoming customers are; I still would like to hear reviews concerning the new tac tac.

Thanks all for sharing!