Sign in to follow this  
Soylent

VFC SCAR-H Internals

I'm not sure if these have been posted before. Hopefully they are of interest to a few here.

Case with metal bushings

IMG_1751.jpg

Stock VFC gears on bottom and Guarder steel gear set on top

IMG_1756.jpg

Closeup of self shimming mechanism

IMG_1759.jpg

Steel spring guide with bearing

IMG_1753.jpg

Piston and cylinder

IMG_1755.jpg

I'm not sure. You could email GB-Tech. I've seen in other threads that it is an EG1300 motor. I can't tell as mine is painted bright orange with no markings. I don't know if it is a speed motor or torque motor. Maybe some of the other members here would know, or what a comparable replacement would be. The stock gear ratio in my Scar seem to be a speed set with a ratio of 16.63:1. I don't know if that is a common stock ratio for other AEGs or not.

Hi NT. Sure. What do you want? Shots of all the connectors, closeup of trigger, stock wiring?

Also, regarding the EG motors, if the motor shaft is silver (like mine) it is the speed motor, and if it is orange like the motor body, then it is the torque motor.

Hi NT. Sure. What do you want? Shots of all the connectors, closeup of trigger, stock wiring?

Also, regarding the EG motors, if the motor shaft is silver (like mine) it is the speed motor, and if it is orange like the motor body, then it is the torque motor.

Well I actually got a VFC Scar-L body in a trade, so I have to do the wiring and everything myself. I just need to know how the push connectors are soldered onto the trigger contacts and the motor plugs.

Also, after hours of inspection, I finally figured out how to re-wire the stock wires. Mine are crap, so I wanted 16-14awg wires in the stock. If you want to know, let me know and I can explain how.

EDIT: When I say stock wires, I mean the wires in the stock. LOL.

Edited by NinjaTurtle

EDIT: When I say stock wires, I mean the wires in the stock. LOL.

LOL. As soon as I typed that I thought I hope he doesn't think I meant OEM! I'd love to know how to rewire that. I think it was a bad design as the wires often get caught on the internal stock rails which has nicked one of my wires already.

How was that Scar-L geared? Is it strange that mine was geared with a high speed set instead of normal ratio? Maybe not as it came with the CQB barrel. Anywho, I found my problem. A tooth on the bevel gear where it contacts the spur gear was sheared off. I can't believe I didn't notice it before. I'm going to replace the whole set with a Prometheus high speed set and use standard shims. I don't trust the auto shim springs. The gears seem to be easily dislodged when I closed the case and tried to move them. Maybe that's a force they would never see but I still don't like the idea.

Off the back are the battery contacts that connect to the stock. The black goes to the motor. The red battery wire is soldered to the trigger contact on the right side of the rifle. The red motor wire from the hand grip is goes to the trigger contact on the left side of the rifle and it uses a clip that has black heat-shrink on it.

IMG_1764_1.jpg

Close up of trigger mechanism.

IMG_1762_1.jpg

Thanks a ton, that helped me out a lot. Now to order the push plugs from WGC :a-angry:

The stock is really easy once you figure out VFCs secrets, lol. I will get pics soon.

When you fold the stock, there are three sections of the hinge. Two tan ones surrounded by three black ones. on the middle section, if you look very closely on the right side, you will see that there is a little gap. Really, this is a tab, sort of speak. You have to remove this tab. Then, you can pull out the wires which are attached to a metal plate that is inside the hinge. This is confusing I know, the pictures will help out.