Sign in to follow this  
deputy865

Adjusting PCS?

After hours of searching I cant figure it out.. Cant find a helpful guide or pictures on how to adjust it on my Tanaka M700 AICS. Yes, I have the pre-ban bolt.

I have been told 3 different things.

1. That the adjustment is a vertical screw that allows more air flow..

2. Take a screw out at the back of the bolt, splitting the bolt apart, spinning the knocker rod clockwise as far as it goes.. Then put it all back together.

3. Spin a dial in the opening of the bolt towards the front. But when I spun this towards the back of the bolt, it prevented my gun from shooting. Its sitting in the middle right now.. So does that mean if I spin it all the way forward, it will shoot harder? Because when I spin I forward, it just looks like the screw gets in the way of where the gas comes in...

is it a combination of all of them or what? I did the poor mans chrono, I can blow through the bottom of a can but it wont continue through.. This was with .2's and green gas.. Plus when im shooting the gun, its not really showing the distance or power of 500+ FPS..

Plan on ordering the GG Power Pack.. Is it worth it? Or should I just get a knocker spring?

Untitled-5.jpg

Finally, thank you. Is there a precise location for Max fps? All the way forward is the lowest, I found that out, but all the way back and the gun didn't release any gas. Is there a spot in the middle?

Finally, thank you. Is there a precise location for Max fps? All the way forward is the lowest, I found that out, but all the way back and the gun didn't release any gas. Is there a spot in the middle?

trial and error though guns with pcs don't shoot quite as hard.

Holding the bolt with the front facing away from you turn the PCS screw left all the way until it stops, DO NOT FIGHT IT and remember to loosen the grub screw first.

BTW, it's not too bad with the bolt all the way open (at least it hasn't been for me) you just get about half the shots from your mag before you half to recharge it (like 15 or so shots as opposed to 20-25) but I recharge everytime I reload so this is never an issue with me.

IMO, if you have a PCS bolt try to find a guy to trade you for a G&G Power bolt instead (it's what I'm doing haha).

I've heard that the G&G power bolt is not that consistent! Anyway for me the only way to adjust the PCS is to separate the bolt from the two little screws and adjust it using a screwdriver.

Yeah, my PCS dial has been sticky lately, having to crank it from the side with a flat head. I actually have heard the opposite about the power bolt. Because the PCS has that dial there's obstruction in the gas port where as the power bolt with a KA nozzle (because of a direct gas route w/o obstruction) is the way to go. I think his inner barrel is different than mine (590mm 6.01 vs. my 6.03 650mm) but my buddy has a PB and up until the last 1-3 shots, they all land within 13" <AT> 305ft at 510-535fps and being that's the FPS range I'm at and want to stay at just kinda using what I've seen work with others you know.

Edited by 2-Tall S.E.A.L