to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
ardrummer292

What Is Your Sidearm Style?

What type of sidearm do you use? (non-snipers only, please)  

780 members have voted

1. 1. What type of sidearm do you use? (non-snipers only, please)

• GBB pistol (semi-auto only)
    • GBB SMG (or a select/full-auto pistol)
    • NBB pistol
    • Gas shotgun
    • Spring shotgun
    • Spring pistol
    • Small AEG (i.e. MP5K, G3SAS)

What kind of sidearm does everyone use? I'm thinking of a TM Benelli shorty to use in engagements under 50 feet and let my friends borrow. Thoughts? Opinions? Go for it.

P.S. My main weapon is a TM Steyr AUG SR soon to be upgraded to 350-360 fps.

Guest sciencenerd

Maybe I shouldn't talk, only owning spring pistols in the way of sidearms, but I fancy the new TM AEP. At about $130, it isn't too expensive, and has all the advantages of an AEG. The downside is that it has no blow-back.

Guest BattlePriest
Maybe I shouldn't talk, only owning spring pistols in the way of sidearms, but I fancy the new TM AEP.  At about $130, it isn't too expensive, and has all the advantages of an AEG.  The downside is that it has no blow-back.

I personally don't understand the facination with AutoPistols.... I mean you got a pistol that holds 20-30 rounds max.... and full auto... you get a little carried away, and your out of ammo in 2 seconds....

Guest General O'Neill

I use either my KJW Mk.1 Pistol or a Tokyo Marui Steyr G-B model NBB. I like NBBs because they are quiter and use less gas.

Edited by General O'Neill

Guest fatstalin

The only side arm I've ever used was my WA Berretta M1934 GBB and it performs phenominally in combat.

Guest sciencenerd
I personally don't understand the facination with AutoPistols.... I mean you got a pistol that holds 20-30 rounds max.... and full auto... you get a little carried away, and your out of ammo in 2 seconds....

Full-auto would not be the reason I want it. I like the fact that an electric gun has less maintenence, and you don't have to buy gas. As a sidearm, you would probably almost never use the full-auto feature anyway. I would probably only use it in full auto when five OPFOR are closing in, and my main jams. :)

Guest sciencenerd

Edit: Whoops, I'm really sorry, I re-posted the same thing. Could a moderator please delete this post?

Edited by sciencenerd

well you can always buy those extended mags..then youll have about the same mag capacity as a mac11, so then you can sort of have a variation between a smg and a pistol. and I hafta say..I find it quite frightening when I hear a few gbb autos clackin away at my position..but then I remember that theyll be outta ammo soon :D

yea and like science nerd said, I think theyre useful when you got a lot of enemies closing in on you, especially when you have a sniper rifle

Hey blastsidewinder, I just noticed your sig. Did you really wear your airsoft stuff to school? If so, rock on! Maybe my buddies and I should try that sometime to get people interested (or scared :) ).

Sorry. Off-topic.

I'm truly surprised that no one else uses a spring shotgun as a sidearm (a REAL one, I.e. TM).

Edited by ardrummer292

haha yeah I did, me and my friends all wore it to school on the friday before halloween. yeah, we're sorta strange =D http://community.webshots.com/photo/223164...223166796lBPfjW

notice im the only idiot with an od vest :D

back to the topic..my friend used a tm spas-12 (and mac11, and some sort of revolver) as secondaries, but then the place we play at a lot (hollywood sports park) decided to deem airsoft shotguns "unsafe" ... go figure.. but he still uses it as a secondary at other times I think..

How are airsoft shotguns unsafe? Sure, they shoot 3 bbs at a time, but that's basically the same as a 3-round burst on an AEG or GBB. Plus, they shoot the same fps as a stock AEG. What is dangerous? The intimidating awesomeness of that huge barrel?

By the way, that is an awesome picture. Rock on! :headbang:

lol roger that.

uhh why its unsafe? beats me. they said something about "3 bbs going out in a spread pattern isnt like a single stream of bbs" but eh..iuno. who gives a :censored2:, its bbs..they already make you wear full pb masks..I guess then think that the shotgun bbs will magically turn around and whack people under the masks or soemthing. oh they banned lasers and rubber bayonets too, if anyone plans on going there. grr :angry: they used to let me "FIX BAYONETSSSS" before every round. id better shut up before I get me buttocks kicked for going off topic :mf_grenade:

Man, someone should raid that place with a bunch of SPAS 12s and Benellis bristling with rubber-tipped instruments of death (with integrated lasers, of course).

:dev: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :dev:

On topic. I neednt bring the wrath of any mods down upon myself.

Why are the spring shotguns so unpopular as sidearms?

1. They are completely self-sufficient in terms of energy sources (no gas or batteries).

2. Extra shells are Really Cool-cheap (3 for $20), unlike GBB's mags.

3. Between the huge barrel and the loud "clack-clack" of pumping the handle, they are quite intimidating.

4. They may be hefty, but they can certainly be mounted so that they stay out of the way until needed (I.e. on the back of a tactical vest).

5. The single fire pump-action "problem" isn't really an issue due to the fact that at least one of those three outbound bbs is bound to hit something.

6. In the long run, after gas or charger/discharger/battery prices are considered, the shotties will be cheaper.

7. They're pretty cheap (the Benelli M3 shorty is comparable in price to a high-end KSC GBB or lower-end WA).

8. Although not capable of precision shots like some single-bb weapons, they are excellent for those who walk point or play indoors often.

9. They aren't nearly as common as GBBs, are far more reliable and tactical-looking, and actually WORK in winter.

10. Tons of accessories are available (like lasers, flashlights, shell holders, etc.), although internal upgrades are non-existent. Well... a CQB weapon doesn't need to be upgraded anyway.

My 2 cents... 10 cents... dime... whatever. :rolleyes:

Edited by ardrummer292

I use a glock 18 with 170$ worth of upgrades as a side arm. I don't really use it though unless I am using my aps2 EX, I carry my glock with my mp5 but I don't really use it.

whoa 170 worth of upgrades..what do you have on it? :blink:

and yeah, own that installation to the max :gun:

whoa 170 worth of upgrades..what do you have on it? :blink:

and yeah, own that installation to the max  :gun:

hurricane upgrade kit-45

KSC metal slide with trades-61

hogue grips-10

extra clip and high flow vavle-60

tighbore barrel-20

soon to be real steel night sights(smooth slope)-85

hurricane upgrade kit-45

KSC metal slide with trades-61

hogue grips-10

extra clip and high flow vavle-60

tighbore barrel-20

soon to be real steel night sights(smooth slope)-85

eep..I just have a 20 dollar extra standard mag for my ksc g23f...

20 dollars worth of accessories! :D

Guest triggerhappy

My dream loadout would be an MP5 main, a shotgun on my back, and dual Mack 11s in tactical leg holsters. Main weapon, obvious. Shotgun for any CQB situation I.e. enemy under 20 feet away. Then, completely surrounded I throw down my shotgun and whip out my dual mach 11s and create a small field of infinite terror and destruction as I dodge bbs matrix style. :wub: I'll never forget the moment in True Lies where the lady dropped the MAC 11 down the stairs and killed 20 people.:gathering: But, right now, I just have a Cybergun/Soft Air Smith & Wesson M4505 springer sidearm.

Edited by triggerhappy

Guest Polar9200

western Arms Infinity Xcellerator GBB (stock)

I don't use it often as we don't do alot of CQB here but when we do I suppose it is nice to have a sidearm., I think one of the few times I have used it was to "execute" some hostages.

I prefer GBBs over shotguns because the whole shotgun on your back thing, its so anoying to carry around I would rather just have a holster to carry as a sidearm.

Guest x3nos

WA SV 5" Std w/Full Metal Slide, Steel Barrel, Valves, Spring Upgrade, 31 rd Hi-Cap Mag (x2)

post-10763-1105264695_thumb.jpg

Well, ive only got a NBB right now, so I had to vote for that. But if I had a choice, it would be a gbb, more realistic and fun. But my Mk23 gas gun is so quiet and accurate, I could easily just use it as a primary.

Well for those of us who shoot for realism in our AEGs full auto with 20-30 rounds shouldn't be a problem! :angel_not:

Guest Method Acting

screw sidearms. I just carry my locap around and stick it in whenever I need to reload the hicap. after all, what shoots better, an AEG or a pistol?

Edited by Method Acting

Guest WTA_Delta

I started to use my MP5 RAS as a backup, haha, it is a pain in the :censored2: to haul around when your carrying a M4 RIS as a primary weapon. Screw realism of carrying multiple weapons. I tested out the load out and my MP5 RAS just bounces around, when I knee the MP5 hits the ground...ouch, so I decided not to do that, and go with a good sidearm.

But anyone know how to carry two AEGs at once, easily accessable?

Guest M1911A2 guy

I use a GBB pistola, or will use the SPP I want to buy as a secondary/sidearm.

P.S: Random Hero, no love for Gnar Kill? :lol:

I carry a KWA Mac 11 GBB in my cross draw.

You should see the faces when I draw it out, throw it on auto, and let it rip. When I reach for it they think "Oh he is drawing a pistol, we got 'em"

It is awfully funny to see them run for cover.

yeah I think we would all like a gas shotgun or a fullauto gas gun but were not all made of money like you are!

ye my mac11 really helps for cqb because I got a sniper as main so I goota be 100 feet away with my sniper (only at fields) and I got a really nice silencer on my mac so it really intimadating( I prefer semi it feels more accurate)

as my side arms I use DUAL

WA SV Infinity 3.9 inch Compacts (the ones with red)

They have about $150 worth of upgrades "EACH"

and I got two 48 round hi cap clips for them and my two standards (24 each)

as well as a G&G laser sight on both of them ^_^

I use two leg holsters (one on the left one, on the right) but when I don't bring my primary weapon, I use a double shoulder holster (dual cross draw) both pistols do about 350 FPS

my primary (MP5-J) is stock and only does about 300 fps

:P

I know the 5 inch is better because of the longer barrel but because of all the upgrades (and money) I used on these two guns well any SV infinity 5 inch is crap compared to what I got :p

I once hit a guy at 200 feet using only one pistol (took about 10 shots) but I was in a building on the 14th floor and he was on ground level so I don't think it was fare. . . (but it was a cool "kill")

I was shooting out of a window :p

My GBB is a KWA Glock 26c that can go full auto. But I only use the full auto setting when I put in my 50 round Mags for a last resort situation.

Edited by Phantom1