Sign in to follow this  
airsoftglen

Tanaka long mags discontinued?

I've looked at every airsoft sale site that I know and every place that once stocked Tanaka Long mags, now says they are out of stock. I emailed ASGI and asked if they knew what was up and they said they were done stocking them and they are discontinued for now.

Does anyone know of a place to buy them or if they actually are discontinued, if Tanaka will plan on making them again?

If anyone has info I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Glen

Yup, they indeed are. I was searching for some for my M40 project as well.

Check here or Airsoft Monkey (their classifieds list all ads on airsoft forums in the US), there's been a good bulk of Tanaka parts and stuff roaming around. But yeah, as far as buying new you're SOL.

I figured, I guess I'll have to buy used. Ive searched these forums with little luck on tanaka long mags. :(

Thanks for the help.

I figured, I guess I'll have to buy used. Ive searched these forums with little luck on tanaka long mags. :(

Thanks for the help.

Do a quick google search. Tokyo-model.hk still has them in stock.

I wonder why everyone is discontinuing the item?

Wow I thought for sure that evike didnt have them, but you are right. Too bad I bought some last night from Tokyo Model. Either way Im happy. I am gonna get the mags.

Brainplay thanks for the help as well. You continue to prove to be an infinite help. I am using your guides on building an external rig for a little bit of guidance as well. haha

Thanks again everyone.

UPDATE

Evike is selling them again. http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=25431

*note: This Special Order Item could take 0~10 extra days to ship due to low availability.

I'm guessing they don't keep them on hand anymore due to low sales and just order them straight from overseas. Hence the extra shipping time.

UPDATE

Evike is selling them again. http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=25431

*note: This Special Order Item could take 0~10 extra days to ship due to low availability.

I'm guessing they don't keep them on hand anymore due to low sales and just order them straight from overseas. Hence the extra shipping time.

Dentrinityshop.com also has them in stock, confirmed as of Friday morning. I don't think I would order anything special order from Evike, they are absolutely terrible and have taken WEEKS to process every normal order I have had with them. They always have an excuse, just my two cents.

I have a new Tanaka 29rd long mag that I do not plan to use... I will sell for $80 shipped to the lower 48 States to anyone interested. Just PM me if interested. And yes, I bought it from EVIKE for $85 plus shipping...

I had planned to use it on my KJW M700, but I like the clean lines of the KJW with the stock 10-round mags.

I have a new Tanaka 29rd long mag that I do not plan to use... I will sell for $80 shipped to the lower 48 States to anyone interested. Just PM me if interested. And yes, I bought it from EVIKE for $85 plus shipping...

I had planned to use it on my KJW M700, but I like the clean lines of the KJW with the stock 10-round mags.

Well I'm interested but the shipment to Greece is difficult and costs

I know there are sites with long mags in stock still, I was going to buy one, but I hear they do not have as good consistancy in FPS (although with an HPA you can fix that)

just do more searching

just searched google, like 4th and 5th link down, they're not hard to find in stock

Edited by yayapfool

Thanks for the updates guys. Although I bought my mag right when brainplay mentioned they were at Tokyo Model Company. Very, very happy with doing business with them by the way.

The new thing now, is how to take it apart. I figure instead of wasting space and creating a new thread, it would be easier to just ask on here if anyone knew. Should be pretty easy I would think.

I have tried taking out the screws, but I cant figure out how it comes apart.

Any help is appreciated.

Yea I don't want to break it since I've spent some good money on it, but I have taken apart a KJW short mag that came apart with ease. I'm just having trouble finding any guides online.