to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
EBHM4

Obama's Deepshore Drilling Moratorium Got Shot Down

Eat My M4, Dodge, CCX, this is the idea I mentioned to you on XBL, and it provides a good summary of the progression of Obama's attempted 6 month moratorium on deepwater offshore drilling:

Obamarage.jpg

Edited by EBHM4

I've heard that the ruling judge that shot Obama's proposal down was an investor in oil companies, which could explain why it got shot down.

One thing I want to note, though, is that it seems like people here on the West Coast don't really give a :censored2: about this whole oil mess. I guess most peoples over here feel as though it isn't our ocean, so people in the gulf and in the government should take care of it. Kind of odd to me because usually in California people get all worked up over stuff, and this time I don't here all the know-it-all soccer moms discussing this issue.

"Obama, do more! Obama, don't do THAT much, that's drastic! Obama, get angry already! Obama, "kicking asses" is childish! Obamamamamamamam!!!"

My general feelings to all politicians Democrat, Republican, or whatever:

an-hero-2.jpg

Also, the reason you're not hearing complaints from the know-it-alls in Cali is because their messiah is the one handling it. If a Republicn was handling it they would be up in arms! Remember Katrina? Then again, I'm up in arms either way, our whole government is full of witless idiots slowly neutering our military, spending away what little wealth we have left, and thinking restricting business more is a good way to keep businesses in America on one side, while on the other is a bunch of uptights who refuse to acknowledge a changing world and think what worked over nine thousand years ago is good enough unchanged on the other side. Like Lewis Black said: "Our two party system is a bowl of **** looking in the mirror at itself."

Edited by EBHM4

I agree completely. Most politicians are completely useless idiots. Btw, has anyone heard about that senator I think it was, being worried that putting too many troops in a military base on one side of Guam would cause it " to tip over "? I wonder how any of these idiots get elected.

I agree completely. Most politicians are completely useless idiots. Btw, has anyone heard about that senator I think it was, being worried that putting too many troops in a military base on one side of Guam would cause it " to tip over "? I wonder how any of these idiots get elected.

I'm sure you are wrong. Nobody can be that stupid, right? If yes, I have lost complete faith in humanity...

I'm sure you are wrong. Nobody can be that stupid, right? If yes, I have lost complete faith in humanity...

More than a little part of me died inside when I saw it. My science teacher was pretty pissed and showed it to us on YouTube in class.

IMO, it's not any politician, it's that we've complicated our government and the management of our country to such an extent that we can't expect any one person to do anything except make speeches and represent us.

Guest eckoman11

Egads! It's true...

If history repeats itself (which it usually does), I think it's fair to predict Obama ending up being the Jimmy Carter of our generation: nice guy wanting to make the world a better place, but doesn't want to do it the correct way and thus only serving one term. Let's just pray the contender in the Right corner is the Ronald Reagan of our generation as well...

Edited by Dmitri Kalashnikov

If history repeats itself (which it usually does), I think it's fair to predict Obama ending up being the Jimmy Carter of our generation: nice guy wanting to make the world a better place, but doesn't want to do it the correct way and thus only serving one term. Let's just pray the contender in the Right corner is the Ronald Reagan of our generation as well...

And that Reagan is Tim James http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kAjhoHDvb4...feature=related

Guest Hobosaur

I think a lot of our problems would go away if there were less people on the Earth.

We wouldn't need offshore drilling if we consumed less resources, and it wouldn't be such a logistical nightmare to switch to an alternative energy source.

Global Climate Change would be much less of an issue if there weren't 1 BILLION people in coal powered China.

Government would be smaller and we would be represented more directly.

Guest Hobosaur
I agree. Second Hitler anyone?

Now I definitely don't think there should be a world-wide genocide. I just think that you should only be able to have one or two kids.

Guest Luftwaffe
Now I definitely don't think there should be a world-wide genocide. I just think that you should only be able to have one or two kids.

What if you weren't in the group to be genocided? Yeah, now it sounds good, right?

Guest Luftwaffe

Alright guys, I've got it. We take a picture of the earth, and have someone throw a dart at it while blind folded. Where the dart hits is where our nukes land! There's a small chance we'll an hero ourselves, but that's a risk we're willing to take, right?

Guest Hobosaur
Alright guys, I've got it. We take a picture of the earth, and have someone throw a dart at it while blind folded. Where the dart hits is where our nukes land! There's a small chance we'll an hero ourselves, but that's a risk we're willing to take, right?

Nah, let's just hit China and India. They're too small for darts to be a viable option. Chances are the dart'll hit Russia, and then we're screwed.

Marx would be proud to hear that from you.

Here's my two cents on the solution to some of our troubles:

-Make frivolous lawsuits a thing of the past by removing all OBVIOUS warning labels on things. If you can't figure out that a paint product called KILZ shouldn't be inhaled or ingested, then you're a freakin' imbecile and deserve what you get. Save companies some money so they don't have to fire more people to make budget because people are suing for BS reasons. (Look up the lawsuit on McDonald's Hot Coffee if you don't believe me).

-Over-population? Here's my solution: Get rid of social security (and its world-wide counterparts) since too many people are living too long. If you REALLY want more money in your golden years, either save up or work til you die (I plan to do both). This way we have less financial burdens on younger tax payers and hopefully working the rest of your life will put you to bed permanently by the time you're in your 70s, or not having a job or investments will make your starve to death (assuming you family or friends don't care for you).

-Over-population? Here's my solution: Get rid of social security (and its world-wide counterparts) since too many people are living too long. If you REALLY want more money in your golden years, either save up or work til you die (I plan to do both). This way we have less financial burdens on younger tax payers and hopefully working the rest of your life will put you to bed permanently by the time you're in your 70s, or not having a job or investments will make your starve to death (assuming you family or friends don't care for you).

Oh, yeah, that would go over great *rolls eyes*

That is one thing I've always thought though. If your horse breaks it's leg or your dog becomes terminally ill, what do you do? You kill it to put it out of it's misery. But when a person has cancer or some other untreatable incredibly painful disease, or even just becomes senile, what do people do, they put them in hospitals or care facilities to squeeze every last drop of life out of somebody who is not living, but merely surviving.

Exacta, mi amigo. Social Darwinism FTW. Though I make an exception for people who while physically disabled are still productive mentally for non-physical tasks (writing, art, designing, radio, TV, inventing, etc).

Okay, so if we're going to kill off useless people, would those who are mentally handicapped fall into that? Because as you all know (I believe) I was diagnosed Autistic at age 3 and most doctors thought I would never even go to a regular school. Thus every day I got As in class throughout normal elementary school and high school, albeit with slight modifications on the side to facilitate my different learning style, and went of to college I was giving those doctors the finger. And I think if you read my posts even you can tell I have come a long way from being an Autistic 3 year old. I still have to compensate for my problem sometimes, but my parents and I facilitate it privately with our own means and using a small portion of the services available through the school. I would like to think I'm an Autism success story, but according to your logic I should have been put down when I was 3 because the odds of me becoming a productive member of society were considered slim to none. Due to this experience of my own, I have very little tolerance to no tolerance for open racism and prejudice, I am completely against Euthanasia, except in the case of someone being legally braindead, and against abortion.

I agree that government run social services that pour money into welfare, social security, and other nanny-government programs should be ended. If someone has difficulties their family should help them along wtih whoever else close to them is willing to help whether that be friends, schoolteachers, or even a few police officers who helped me understand right and wrong, like my parents did. But the federal government needs to stop trying to run peoples' lives. And don't get me started on frivolous lawsuits. No one I know has ever had to sue anyone for anything other than a serious injury resulting from negligence in a car accident (IE hit by a drunk driver) or a theft, and even those were rare cases. Then people go out and sue because they burned themselves on their "too hot" coffee? Ridiculous.

Edited by EBHM4

EBHM4, I agree with you. I don't believe in Spartan Social Darwinism. I'm talking about people who get injured physically and there is damage to their body AND mind and the people that are reliant on gubba'mint to do everything for them instead of putting forth some effort (specifically social-program leeches). I have Asperger's and GOD was it hard to get to where I am today. I'm high-functioning thanks to good genes on both sides but mainly because my mother pushed me to not give up and encouraged me to do better in whatever I could. I'm now a productive worker at Wally World, designing and building gas airsoft guns that I plan to patent to my name and start a business with, and will be trying to head back to college to work on a drafting degree. But it took YEARS to go from a super-OCD kid with ADHD and social awkwardness to the max to be the quirky but smart muscleman at work who no one even suspects of being autistic unless I outright tell them.

*steps down from soap box* Back to what we were talking about with Social Darwinism, I'm saying stop finding ways to milk everyone's lifespan if there's NO hope for them getting better (what they were originally doing with Terry Schivo for instance) or if they're brain-dead and such. Give 'em the euthanasia option if they want it. But my main point on agreeing with Social Darwinism deals with not having Uncle Sam pay for people's living expenses. That's what private charities are for. If you give people an easy way to get money without working, they'll keep taking it and there's less likely a chance they'll want to leave that comfort zone of certainty. America thrives when people get off their butts and work them off to get somewhere in life and become productive. If more businesses kept shop open here instead of outsourcing, more people would be inclined to seek employment (to do that you gotta either do Fair Tax, Flat Tax, or at least ease up on the corporate taxes SEVERELY). Getting rid of welfare programs will help in this too along with Social Security and Medicare.

If you INSIST on keeping them, give federal income taxpayers the option of opting out of ever receiving SS and MC to keep more of their money. This would be kinda like the healthcare reform idea conservatives were suggesting that would let you lower your premiums through opting out of things you know you won't need like drug rehab or alcohol rehab since some people KNOW they won't need it for themselves (like me). I know I won't get a cent of Social Security or Medicare, but I wouldn't want it even if I could. I plan to work 'til I die and that's that. If I wanted a retirement fund (I already have a 401K started through work) I'd rather do it through a private interest-bearing savings account or a privatized version of social security where my money is my own and not being spent on someone else only so that I can get an IOU later.

EBHM4, I agree with you. I don't believe in Spartan Social Darwinism. I'm talking about people who get injured physically and there is damage to their body AND mind and the people that are reliant on gubba'mint to do everything for them instead of putting forth some effort (specifically social-program leeches). I have Asperger's and GOD was it hard to get to where I am today. I'm high-functioning thanks to good genes on both sides but mainly because my mother pushed me to not give up and encouraged me to do better in whatever I could. I'm now a productive worker at Wally World, designing and building gas airsoft guns that I plan to patent to my name and start a business with, and will be trying to head back to college to work on a drafting degree. But it took YEARS to go from a super-OCD kid with ADHD and social awkwardness to the max to be the quirky but smart muscleman at work who no one even suspects of being autistic unless I outright tell them.

*steps down from soap box* Back to what we were talking about with Social Darwinism, I'm saying stop finding ways to milk everyone's lifespan if there's NO hope for them getting better (what they were originally doing with Terry Schivo for instance) or if they're brain-dead and such. Give 'em the euthanasia option if they want it. But my main point on agreeing with Social Darwinism deals with not having Uncle Sam pay for people's living expenses. That's what private charities are for. If you give people an easy way to get money without working, they'll keep taking it and there's less likely a chance they'll want to leave that comfort zone of certainty. America thrives when people get off their butts and work them off to get somewhere in life and become productive. If more businesses kept shop open here instead of outsourcing, more people would be inclined to seek employment (to do that you gotta either do Fair Tax, Flat Tax, or at least ease up on the corporate taxes SEVERELY). Getting rid of welfare programs will help in this too along with Social Security and Medicare.

If you INSIST on keeping them, give federal income taxpayers the option of opting out of ever receiving SS and MC to keep more of their money. This would be kinda like the healthcare reform idea conservatives were suggesting that would let you lower your premiums through opting out of things you know you won't need like drug rehab or alcohol rehab since some people KNOW they won't need it for themselves (like me). I know I won't get a cent of Social Security or Medicare, but I wouldn't want it even if I could. I plan to work 'til I die and that's that. If I wanted a retirement fund (I already have a 401K started through work) I'd rather do it through a private interest-bearing savings account or a privatized version of social security where my money is my own and not being spent on someone else only so that I can get an IOU later.

Now I agree with you more. I apologize for flying off the handle, but the way I had read your last post just hit a sensitive spot for me. On another note I'm glad to see someone else much like me on here!

Egads! It's true...

Ok, seriously I was about to falcon punch the screen until I saw it was Hank Johnson, HAH what a bloody hack.

I don't really know what's funnier to me, what he said or the fact the you guys are actually surprised he said it, keep in mind this man is a reincarnation of the polar opposite of Colin Powell with Down Syndrome and a scootch of mild sexual & mental retardation.