to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Spudenater

Understanding the rarity of classics

So after getting my hands on an FTC Spectre, I've been getting curious about the rarity of some of these classics. I don't know much about the old companies aside from name and some basic models, but I've just been wondering. What are some of the rarest Classic models? As in, on a scale of one to ten, I'm thinking like eight or above in rarity. It seems most anything by Sheriff is a good find, and the GBB KG-9s by maruzen seem coveted as well. What else?

Pretty much any classic found here. http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Watz187-t119583.html This guy is my hero of collecting awesome guns.

He has some rare ones, some not so rare. Not every one on there is extremely rare.

Basically the Asahi M40A1 is the rarest classic in existence, and one of the best too. Most were destroyed because they could **easily** be modified to fire real ammunition (as opposed to the new law banning modern GBBRs- that's BS).

Then there is the Asahi WA2000 and the Sheriff Highlander Magnum. I hear there is one gold Asahi WA2000 somewhere in the world...

Someone on this forum had two Sheriff Highlander's. One was just a body and one was the full thing.

The Asahi M40A1 (already mentioned) is the rarest I think, when it was banned the government literally tried destroying them all because it could be converted to .22.

-Wert

Someone on this forum had two Sheriff Highlander's. One was just a body and one was the full thing.

The Asahi M40A1 (already mentioned) is the rarest I think, when it was banned the government literally tried destroying them all because it could be converted to .22.

-Wert

Wow, I would take the Highlander over any other airsoft gun en existence.

And yeah, that was one who stated the M40A1. Just as rare as the gun are the blade bullets which were made for it. I believe they were pointed rather than spherical, and helped it achieve ranges that modern guns cannot even dream of hitting. Seriously a collectors piece.

Wow, I would take the Highlander over any other airsoft gun en existence.

And yeah, that was one who stated the M40A1. Just as rare as the gun are the blade bullets which were made for it. I believe they were pointed rather than spherical, and helped it achieve ranges that modern guns cannot even dream of hitting. Seriously a collectors piece.

I've heard of the blade bullets. I take it that contributed to the ease of conversion?

On AATV (popular airsoft review thing on youtube), they stated that changing the firing pin would convert it to shoot .22 if I remember correctly. Although I am not sure how accurate this is.

-Wert

The person you are asking about was banned for violation of the rules.

Ugh.....do NOT remind me of KG-9s...... You know what's rare? MAGAZINES for the damn things! I have been looking for ANY working GBB magazines for over a year now, still just have the two that I bought with my two KG9s. It's REALLY irratating, they're fun as hell, but I'd like to at least have another mag for each one.....

The JAC limited series is pretty rare. They only made 1,000 of them and not many are left. I have serial number 0000470

also, the JAC tompson? Extremely rare find. If you do find one, they are upwards of $1500 even in this horrible market for classics.

And mostly everything else listed: sherif AKs, Asahi M40A1, WA2000,

then there's the Shoei MG42 and STG 44. Still not to hard to find, but rarer than most non the less.