Sign in to follow this  
Viper999

Kjw M700 Tightbore barrel and bucking?

Ok so I heard that the prometheus ones are the best? but I also heard they went out of business a year ago whats the deal there and are these barrels the best option.

Secondley edgi makes a 6.01 for it would that be better than the prometheus?

how would the dees barrel stack up against the edgi and prometheus?

What is the best hopup upgrade for this gun?

thank you for your help im pretty new to the gas gun thing.

Ok so I heard that the prometheus ones are the best? but I also heard they went out of business a year ago whats the deal there and are these barrels the best option.

Secondley edgi makes a 6.01 for it would that be better than the prometheus?

how would the dees barrel stack up against the edgi and prometheus?

What is the best hopup upgrade for this gun?

thank you for your help im pretty new to the gas gun thing.

PDI 6.01mm if you can afford it. You will need to make a front barrel spacer or have Polarstar make you one for $15. This is due to the length only being 554mm

Brass barrels tend to take more effort to clean and stay clean and are not as strong as steel ones such as the PDI and laylax/promy etc.

PdI: $140

Edgi: $90

Laylax: $55

it's worth the money to spend a bit more in the beginning to get the return in long term investment.

As far as the "best hopup upgrade", you can either make(or have custom made) a custom nub along with getting a nineball bucking, or you can start replacing the hopup parts such as the part 91, which often cracks.

PDI 6.01mm if you can afford it. You will need to make a front barrel spacer or have Polarstar make you one for $15. This is due to the length only being 554mm

Brass barrels tend to take more effort to clean and stay clean and are not as strong as steel ones such as the PDI and laylax/promy etc.

PdI: $140

Edgi: $90

Laylax: $55

it's worth the money to spend a bit more in the beginning to get the return in long term investment.

As far as the "best hopup upgrade", you can either make(or have custom made) a custom nub along with getting a nineball bucking, or you can start replacing the hopup parts such as the part 91, which often cracks.

so would it be like

pdi

edgi

laylax

prommy?

where is prommy in the list?

alright thanks but where would I find the pdi on x-fire or what?

Well I'll assume you either are going to have your outer barrel cut down or just build an internal spacer since the longest VSR type barrels are 555mm long.

Here are are some 554mm 6.01's..

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/PDI_VSR_10_6...4mm_p/65267.htm

http://www.x-fire.org/etop/01.html

Well I'll assume you either are going to have your outer barrel cut down or just build an internal spacer since the longest VSR type barrels are 555mm long.

Here are are some 554mm 6.01's..

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/PDI_VSR_10_6...4mm_p/65267.htm

http://www.x-fire.org/etop/01.html

What is the length of the kjw m700's inner barrel? And it only takes vsr-10 type barrels?

What is the length of the kjw m700's inner barrel? And it only takes vsr-10 type barrels?

622mm and it takes both VSR and AEG barrels.

Usually you end up buying a 650mm PSG-1 barrel and open up your endcap a bit or buy an Edgi which is fitted exactly.

622mm and it takes both VSR and AEG barrels.

Usually you end up buying a 650mm PSG-1 barrel and open up your endcap a bit or buy an Edgi which is fitted exactly.

Sorry to double post but does it really make a difference in gas guns how long the inner barrel is? Because in spring guns the barrel need to be so long to match the piston volume or is that not a big deal in gas guns?

Sorry to double post but does it really make a difference in gas guns how long the inner barrel is? Because in spring guns the barrel need to be so long to match the piston volume or is that not a big deal in gas guns?

No one is exactly sure if the volume output is more or less than the volume of a 650mm let alone smaller barrels. Although I have yet to see anyone complain about pressure. 120psi seems to be the usual pressure range for Tanaka barrels (555mm) and KJW barrels (650mm) to reach the 500fps+ range.

No one is exactly sure if the volume output is more or less than the volume of a 650mm let alone smaller barrels. Although I have yet to see anyone complain about pressure. 120psi seems to be the usual pressure range for Tanaka barrels (555mm) and KJW barrels (650mm) to reach the 500fps+ range.

Brainplay, you should know that 120psi should be on a stock gun....with the right tinkering, you may only need about 70-80psi for that, even with a 555mm barrel.

So I should be fine with a barrel anywhere from 554-650?

What should I do first to a stock kjw m700?

Normally I'd say get a new barrel. Even a cheap Madbull is a MAJOR improvement over the horrendous stock barrel. Others may disagree on the route to take. Ultimately you should read up in several of the other threads here and choose your upgrade path.

Between the striker spring and regulator, you can account for just about any inner barrel length you can find.

A shorter barrel allows less distance to accelerate the round, so in order to maintain the same muzzle energy as a longer barrel you adjust the combination of striker weight and input pressure.

With a short 435mm barrel, I run at ~115psi to reach 620fps w/ .2g.

With a 590mm barrel I can run ~100psi and get the same muzzle energy.

Striker weight usually needs to go up as you increase input pressure.

Between the striker spring and regulator, you can account for just about any inner barrel length you can find.

A shorter barrel allows less distance to accelerate the round, so in order to maintain the same muzzle energy as a longer barrel you adjust the combination of striker weight and input pressure.

With a short 435mm barrel, I run at ~115psi to reach 620fps w/ .2g.

With a 590mm barrel I can run ~100psi and get the same muzzle energy.

Striker weight usually needs to go up as you increase input pressure.

What are some upgrades that definitely need to be purchased?

Brainplay, you should know that 120psi should be on a stock gun....with the right tinkering, you may only need about 70-80psi for that, even with a 555mm barrel.

He didn't specific mods (nor did I) hence the generic pressure range. Different tensions, barrel inner diameters, distance between reg and nozzle, sea level, etc are all going to affect the exact psi needed.

So:

Edgi

What Kind?

what kind?

What kind?

HPA

Hold up there Cochise (google it). With the exception of the gas route and striker spring much of that is personal preference for the brand names. I'll definitely put in a +1 for Edgi barrels but you might want to read up a bit on your rifle and the different items you'll be sticking in it. There are several threads in this section that deal specifically with these items. The HPA alone is made up of several brands and items.

He didn't specific mods (nor did I) hence the generic pressure range. Different tensions, barrel inner diameters, distance between reg and nozzle, sea level, etc are all going to affect the exact psi needed.

Hold up there Cochise (google it). With the exception of the gas route and striker spring much of that is personal preference for the brand names. I'll definitely put in a +1 for Edgi barrels but you might want to read up a bit on your rifle and the different items you'll be sticking in it. There are several threads in this section that deal specifically with these items. The HPA alone is made up of several brands and items.

I will do that :a-salute:

alright, before you reply to what I'm gonna ask, I have done A LOT of research, and I've been on EVERY thread that even relates to this topic that I'm about to bring up, so please give me a straight answer

also, please tell me WHY you say what you do

alright, so for PURE ACCURACY, I don't care about FPS, what size inner barrel, from 6.00 to 6.08?

and which brand, PDI, or EdGI?

If you choose between those two makers then I would go for a tighter barrel. Something in the 6.01 - 6.03 range. 6.00 is extremely tight and you run the risk of jams especially if using something like Madbull stuff.

Reasoning: The tighter bore increases your fps by a small margin. The allows you to run at a lower psi and/or spring tension. It's really just an efficiency thing.

The polishing and quality control of the inside of the inner barrel is what's going to effect the potential accuracy of the barrel. The tighter the barrel the more this comes into play. Larger internal diameter (ID) barrels don't really make use of this and even mediocre barrels with 6.05 and higher will produce results somewhat similar to a PDI 6.05 barrel (it still amazes me that people ignore the tobi barrel tests and still fall for the PDI 6.08 market gimmick). Granted, this means that you'll also have to run very good quality ammo as well since the BB inconsistencies will manifest themselves more. But then you should be running quality ammo in the first place so this should be a moot point.

PDI - made of steel and will be difficult to damage. Easier to clean if you live in an area with a high acidic content in the environment (example: areas with decomposing pine needles and oak leaves). The downside being that despite being stainless, if you live on a saltwater coast, there is a higher chance for rust (yes stainless will rust) which can permanently damage the barrel. The other downside being that it's mass produced and therefore is not cut to fit your rifle perfectly resulting in having to modify the endcap for it to fit.

Edgi - made of brass and custom cut to fit perfectly to your rifle. Pricing is usually cheaper compared to the PDI while not losing out on quality. Barrels are also "bull" meaning of greater thickness and less susceptible to vibration/bending. The downside being that they are made of brass and susceptible to verdigris (when brass oxidizes and turns green) although keeping it clean will avoid that. Brass is also softer than steel and can scratch easier should foreign debris get inside the barrel during a shot. But take in mind that this is still the same brass alloy that is for bb guns that shoot steel ball bearings so it's not going to scratch that easy.

Tough choice on the brand. I've always gone with Edgi myself when possible. I like the customer service and customization. That means more to me than having to deal with someone like Evike which only cares about getting paid.