Taeseonkim1106

Ares VS Star Cheytac M200 Intervention Sniper Weapon Systems

After looking at an ad on ASF on the Ares Cheytac M200 Intervention, I just went snooping around on different retailers and forums looking if there were any others for sale or in stock. Well I bumped into Ehobby Asia and the Star M200 version. I noticed it cost around 800 USD without shipping and all that different stuff. Then I noticed the Ares version was there too that cost the normal 1400 USD. So I got curious, I started trollin and snoopin around and found mixed opinions on the difference of Star and Ares. About 50% of the forums I have read swear by their life to say that the Ares is the same company as Star just with a different name. The other half claim that they are different. I did go to the Ares website someone gave me and I did read that Star was not associated in the production of the M200 model with the Ares. So my main question is what is the difference between these two? They come with both the spring and gas magazine and bolts, the FPS is basically the same, looks the same to me, and some people claim them as the same! But what I am wondering is why is there such a HUGE gap between the prices? Is there quality difference or performance differences? I have no idea. I have searched for a thread like this, but none that totally issued this problem on the actual guns themselves. I know this is a rare piece so please if you have an idea with no evidence, please don't clutter this thread.

Oh and I did find a GREAT deal on the Star M200 on UNcompany, I'll post the links with a youtube video of someone claiming a stock M200 getting 100 yard shots, but didn't EVERYONE say that the performance was crap? I'll post the links here for people that are interested in an M200 that is less than half the price of the Ares.

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?subcatid=395

(this is the star version, the cheapest one I found)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG1LziWkgoQ...feature=related

(this is the youtube link of the owner of an airsoft M200)

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?subcatid=418

(the Ares version, just scroll down and you'll find it, or just look it up on almost any well known airsoft retailer)

Basically I haven't seen the Star version with my own eyes but I know that these two companies are the same with different names. From the photos look the same to me and the 2 bolt system and magazines are the same. I would go for the Star version now because of the price, but really it's not that great of a gun. The consistency is the worst part of it and as we all know without consistency there's no accuracy. I've ordered the CO2 mag for it and I'll tell when I have results. But it's very good price! I bought mine (Ares M200) from UK for about $850 from store that was selling off!

Edited by wolfgeorge

I have no idea

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/r...?q=intervention

Maybe.... ARES is the better branch?

I mean, like Polarstar and EdGI (Polarstar is West, EdGI is East) Polarstar parts are better. They do extra stuff to their parts. That could be the same with ARES and Star.

EDIT: Even weirder. If you look at the specs of the guns, everything in each company's Cheytac Intervention is the same, EXCEPT:

ARES:

Magazine Capacity - 23 Rounds (Gas) / 100 Rounds (Spring)

Power (Muzzle Velocity) - 390 FPS (HFC134aGas Test <AT> 25°C Room Temperature) / 280FPS (Air-Cocking)

Star:

Magazine Capacity - 35 Rounds (Gas) / 100 Rounds (Spring)

Power (Muzzle Velocity) - 400 FPS (HFC134aGas Test <AT> 25°C Room Temperature) / 300 FPS (Air-Cocking)

Weird.... Star shows better stuff, but is cheaper......

Edited by lulukchoo23

ARES:

Magazine Capacity - 23 Rounds (Gas) / 100 Rounds (Spring)

Power (Muzzle Velocity) - 390 FPS (HFC134aGas Test <AT> 25°C Room Temperature) / 280FPS (Air-Cocking)

Star:

Magazine Capacity - 35 Rounds (Gas) / 100 Rounds (Spring)

Power (Muzzle Velocity) - 400 FPS (HFC134aGas Test <AT> 25°C Room Temperature) / 300 FPS (Air-Cocking)

Weird.... Star shows better stuff, but is cheaper......

Not necessarily. FPS does not mean anything. JG's have more FPS than a TM but the TM still outperforms the JG.

This is all true, but can the build material of the rifle be any different?

Also, I don't think the Star or the Ares are sniper rifle skirmish material yet, so FPS is important here.

Edited by Taeseonkim1106

Star guns are becoming very cheap because companies are trying to sell off the rest of their stock. Apparently, STAR will no longer be producing airsoft guns, and will now focus on the accessories, whereas ARES will be producing the guns. Some say STAR is worse than ARES, others say STAR is much better than ARES, but one thing's for certain: they make some some pretty damn cool guns. Only problem is, their internal quality/performance is said to be really lacking due to crappy quality control.

The Ares gas mag holds 35bbs and 580fps using green gas at 32 degrees Celsius! Tested yesterday. But I can agree that the internals aren't I the best quality and it's needing a lot of work and parts to be a decent sniper rifle. I haven't skirmish with it yet but I have with the Socom Gear Barrett and I can say it's easier than it looks to skirmish with these babies and I'm not a big guy!

Edited by wolfgeorge

not gonna lie, I didn't read every post, but I know for a fact UNCompany lies about the FPS of their guns, in the good way, they told me my Tanaka M40A1 was shooting 300, I got it, opened it up to turn up the FPS, and realized that it was already turned up all the way, making it around 600 FPS

You are all still missing the point, that you are spending about $1000 for the starting point of a big, heavy paperweight gun. Sure, you could spend another $1000 on upgrading and tinkering, then what? Lug around a 20lb gun thats too big?

How does this post help? We're not reasoning why we should carry this around, we're figuring out why the prices are so different...

Star = ARES.

Star is the East Hemisphere Branch.

ARES is the West Hemisphere Branch.

It's like Polarstar and EdGI.

Wrong wrong wrong

Star is NOT Ares, Ares is Star OEM.

Polarstar and EDGI are also different companies, but they sell their stuff together.

Star was cheated out by Ares, who now makes their own guns without Star's permission. Star has been selling the rest of their stock for almost 2 years now.

There is no real difference between the two guns, get the cheaper one if you really want it, but honestly they aren't that good.

Wrong wrong wrong

Star is NOT Ares, Ares is Star OEM.

Polarstar and EDGI are also different companies, but they sell their stuff together.

Star was cheated out by Ares, who now makes their own guns without Star's permission. Star has been selling the rest of their stock for almost 2 years now.

There is no real difference between the two guns, get the cheaper one if you really want it, but honestly they aren't that good.

Well, although Polarstar and EdGI are technically two COMPANIES, they are both run by the same exact people...however IIRC, EdGI barrels are still outsourced.. as opposed to Polarstar products which Ben Noji makes In Delaware.

Hey wolfgeorge is it possible to give us a video review of your Ares M200 Intervention?

I can try this weekend but I don't promise anything. The gun is a bit disappointing regarding accuracy and consistency and it's very weird that requires some strength to pull the gas bolt compering it to my Tanaka.

I'm also considering to buy the star version.

For the money that they ask it is a good deal I think.

Is there already information wich upgrade's should work/fit.

Did a search but came out blank.

The only things that we know for sure it can use are the AEG style hop up bucking and 800mm barrels! I haven't heard of anything else, except you can tap the mag to use hpa gas or you can use the CO2 magazine that uses 12g cartriges.