yayapfool

green gas VS propane

Propane isn't any more powerful than Green Gas.

They are the same thing, minus Green Gas already having the necessary silicon your gun needs.

Propane is cheap but smells nasty, and makes your gun smell nasty after a few uses.

Green Gas smells much better won't make your gun smell, and you don't have to worry about lubing your magazines.

The reasoning behind propane having higher FPS, is because the silicone oil is mixed with the propane. Silicone doesn't compress, so a certain amount of liquid green gas would have less expanding gas, versus pure propane.

well then the FPS will be slightly higher with propane, but only if you don't use silicon lube

whuch you are supposed to

..I think maybe you could use propane for the slightly higher FPS and then lube the magazine later?

People either mix lube with their propane, or use dry propane and lubricate the gun themselves.

If you are running a sniper rifle, then you want to stay far away from green gas. While yes, it will coat you mag o-rings in oil, but it will also do the same to anything else it passes by, including your hop up rubber. Oily rubbers can be good for certain things, but not accurate shooting of small BB's

If you are running a sniper rifle, then you want to stay far away from green gas. While yes, it will coat you mag o-rings in oil, but it will also do the same to anything else it passes by, including your hop up rubber. Oily rubbers can be good for certain things, but not accurate shooting of small BB's

So would it be smarter to use dry propane and lubricate the gun manually?

I think yes, that's what he is getting at

but then what do you want to manually lubricate?

the magazine? what parts? and what parts of the gun?

If it's not obvious, figure it out. We can't hold your hand for every step of the way. Some stuff you are going to have to learn by trial and error . There are tons of threads and posts if you take some time to search about this.

All moving parts all rubbers! (O-rings valves etc etc.)

I recommend not using Propane as there is a chance (pending on usage and silicone oil maintenance) propane you may dry out your rubbers and even blow your o-rings.

I have never used it myself, but just from a CS point of view.

but I guess it comes down to accessibility and price.

I think I would be using the cheaper propane if I have the option.

but then green/top gas is plentiful here and not expensive.

Just a shame we can't ship it.