yomama360

Battery Life Span

What is the average life-span for a battery?

I have a few different guns and a few different batteries. It seems like after about 1.5 to 2 years the batteries get a little weak. Turning the motor slower for example, or not lasting the full day of play.

The ones in question are about 1500mah NiMH.

Is this a pretty typical lifespan for a battery? 1.5 to 2 years? I play about once a month. Or am I doing something wrong with the charging / storage / whatervers?

Thanks

What is the average life-span for a battery?

I have a few different guns and a few different batteries. It seems like after about 1.5 to 2 years the batteries get a little weak. Turning the motor slower for example, or not lasting the full day of play.

The ones in question are about 1500mah NiMH.

Is this a pretty typical lifespan for a battery? 1.5 to 2 years? I play about once a month. Or am I doing something wrong with the charging / storage / whatervers?

Thanks

Generally they're rated on cycles, not time. Most good NiMh packs will get a solid 100 cycles, then from there they will get weaker.

It really depends on the quality of the cells. If you use low quality cells, your battery will not last as long as some high quality cells will.
Yes, obviously. Do YOU have any actual EXPERIENCE with that? How long do your battery packs usually last? Which brands of batteries tend to last longer and have higher quality cells IN YOUR EXPERIENCE?

Thanks

I have experience for the last 8 years building, using, and selling batteries...

So to answer your question,

No Nimh will last 8 years. Weather used or not. Most rechargable batteries wont last 8 years. You should get a couple years at most from a pack, used or not. Intelect and Elite are really the only decent brands in airsoft Nimh to my knowlage.

...You should get a couple years at most from a pack, used or not. Intelect and Elite are really the only decent brands in airsoft Nimh to my knowlage.
Thanks for that. So I really shouldn't freak that after 2 years my batteries fart out. Evidentially that's just how it is.

By the way, the batteries in question are an Intelect and an Elite battery ;-)

Thanks for that. So I really shouldn't freak that after 2 years my batteries fart out. Evidentially that's just how it is.

By the way, the batteries in question are an Intelect and an Elite battery ;-)

Ok, cool. that doesn't sound abnormal to me.

Yes, obviously. Do YOU have any actual EXPERIENCE with that? How long do your battery packs usually last? Which brands of batteries tend to last longer and have higher quality cells IN YOUR EXPERIENCE?

Thanks

Errr... Okay, since you seem to be highly interested in my personal experiences...

I used to have some crappy Tenergy 9.6v batteries. They sucked. Slow discharge rate, barely held any charge.

Intellect was a decent brand, but I never used one for longer than a year or so.

Elite batteries are nice. Again, I move through my stuff before too long.

I currently use a battery pack from No Limit Airsoft, and it's great.

I'd go with Elite cells from www.cheapbatterypacks.com

Actually 5 years if done right isn't that big of stretch, I still have the 8.4V that came with my CA m15A4 Carbine 4.5 years ago. Original battery and still works great to this day. I also have a 9.6V nun-chuck that I bought 3 years ago that one we thought was dead turns out it just needed a really good charge. Remember DON"T use a quick charger all the time to charge. Get the most out of your batteries and your money. BTW both packs are Intelect.