to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
halo4angel

pulled over by the fuzz

Yesterday I was coming home from the airsoft field, Now this is Brooksville for you Florida Airsofters. My sister pulled out of the field and all was good for a while. Till a cop pulled her over for no seatbelt. The cop told her to open up the back, and he saw my gun bags he asked my sister what was in there and she said guns. I thought ok now were screwed. He said let me see the bag, I told him that they were in fact airsoft guns. He said, what are airsoft guns? I explained to him what hey were and why they were in bags. He then said oh those things my son has some too. He then said alright have a goodnight. He forgot why he pulled us over in the first place.

So my question for you guys is have you ever been pulled over by the police when you had your guns and gear in the car? if so explain

Its just fine if you get pulled over and they see airsoft guns just make sure they are unloaded cause if they are loaded I think its a fellony a loaded firearm in public or something:)

Airsoft guns aren't firearms but yes they should be transported unloaded and with the orange tip on in case you do get pulled over.

Nope, I drive very carefully when going to and from games. To avoid getting stopped. But everyone should be ok as long as you don't have them within arms reach and out of bags. Leaning quickly for a pistol or M4 to show its just a replica its the best thing to do in the presences of the law on a traffic stop. haha Just be smart and everything will be fine.

Why did you open the back? And what was his Probable Cause for searching the back of the car? (By "the back", I'm assuming you mean the trunk?). He would need either stated Probable Cause or a warrant to search a container inside the car that is not in public view. The only way around it is to get verbal consent. And I have never granted that.

You have a Fourth Amendment right to deny any Law Enforcement officer the ability to search you car, person, papers, or residence without either PC, a warrant, or exigent circumstances.

Didn't I post in this thread already? Or is this a dream?

Whatever, I'll tell you the time where there was a front yard airsoft war going on with my neighbor, and a cop (who happens to live down the street) was kind of scared. He though I condoned this stupidity, but in fact I was just picking my mail up. He knew about my replicas, and that's what made him think that. I've never even talked to those kids before, I was (go ahead, you're welcome to flame me all you want) shooting targets in my backyard and I guess they watched me and decided the wrong way.

well, I got pulled over once after leaving a skirmish and had the police ask why I was weaing Woodland BDUs driving from the north (This was about a month after a small malitia was busted way up north near the michagan up.), I told him I was driving home from a airsoft game and he asked wut was that. I told him its liek paintball that fires 6mm plastic projectiles using replica firearms. He asked if he could have a look at (bear in mind this was a State patorl officer). I let him know I didnt have an orange tip (in Wisconsin the State code is For Trading and shipping them, Or transport in a case in a locked area of the veicle). HE was Stunned at the realizem and asked me Were I bought it at and all that fun stuff, I told him via only retailers and a local store (which I hate now since they didnt hounor there latest advertisments) and at first he thought it was a .223 Rifled gun then I showed him a Magazine and Let him hold it. But thats a once in a life time thing and im glad he Was clam and willing to listen.

But All you need to do when playing airsofting (including the trip home) is be cool, responsible, and follow the law.

Simple way to talk to the police

1. Do what they say

2. Talk to them about airsoft and awnser questions.

3. If There willing Educate them on what airsoft is Responsibly

4. Leave on good terms with No Negitive Publisity on airsoft.

5. feel good yet bad at the same time.

Basicly my playgroups Meathod of Dealing with the Fuzz and as long as ur smart its 100% effective. (and honest)

Guest CheeseWiz

never been pulled over, but once a field and stream offficial walked right past us while walking to out cars, and didn't even blink at our guns.

Keep in mind that we usually keep the bags in our cars because we park about 20 feet from the field and there's no houses around

As far as needing a reason to search a persons car, cops hardly follow that rule.

My dad is an LA County Sheriff, and tells me that when he wants to search a car, he will simply make up an excuse or reason to do so. And once in court if it gets there, who do you think the judge is going to believe? The cop or some random guy that was pulled over.

Cops can, and do get away with almost anything they want to.

-Austin

As far as needing a reason to search a persons car, cops hardly follow that rule.

My dad is an LA County Sheriff, and tells me that when he wants to search a car, he will simply make up an excuse or reason to do so. And once in court if it gets there, who do you think the judge is going to believe? The cop or some random guy that was pulled over.

Cops can, and do get away with almost anything they want to.

-Austin

I've been driven home from a match with my guns in an FLEO's car. Thankfully, the FLEO driver was my sister, who also played with us. :a-grin: