Sign in to follow this  
tacosanche

What is going on with my KJW M700p?

I finally aquired some Madbull .40's for my new KJW m700 police version. I had been just plinking around with .2's that I had and therefore did not apply any hop up if maybe just a little bit. Now I used a little hop up with the .4's and they would just go maybe 20 feet and drop like little balls. Now, I have a brand new propane tank, Lubed up gun and everything, stock striker spring set to max tension, and now I tried turning my hopup all the way down. (max hop up)

This would cause each individual bb to get stuck instead of exiting the barrel. It would be just stopped by the bucking, it wouldn't slip past. And then I would shot it again and it would double feed due to the first bb being stuck. Then, I turn my hop up a little bit less than max and it still wont shoot so I need like a good 10 or so clicks before the bb can exit the barrel. And once the bb can get out of the barrel, it doesn't go more than 30 feet or so before it just drops. I am wondering if its a power problem, a problem with the nub spacer thing, or a problem with the bucking. I am almost fully sure there are no gas leaks between the receiver and the barrel as I tested it out. Everything seems fine when I dry fire, then when there are bb's and hop up all the way up, the bb is stuck. What should I do?

I finally aquired some Madbull .40's for my new KJW m700 police version. I had been just plinking around with .2's that I had and therefore did not apply any hop up if maybe just a little bit. Now I used a little hop up with the .4's and they would just go maybe 20 feet and drop like little balls. Now, I have a brand new propane tank, Lubed up gun and everything, stock striker spring set to max tension, and now I tried turning my hopup all the way down. (max hop up)

This would cause each individual bb to get stuck instead of exiting the barrel. It would be just stopped by the bucking, it wouldn't slip past. And then I would shot it again and it would double feed due to the first bb being stuck. Then, I turn my hop up a little bit less than max and it still wont shoot so I need like a good 10 or so clicks before the bb can exit the barrel. And once the bb can get out of the barrel, it doesn't go more than 30 feet or so before it just drops. I am wondering if its a power problem, a problem with the nub spacer thing, or a problem with the bucking. I am almost fully sure there are no gas leaks between the receiver and the barrel as I tested it out. Everything seems fine when I dry fire, then when there are bb's and hop up all the way up, the bb is stuck. What should I do?

Take your :pain: apart and fix it.

probably something is wrong with the hop up.

Problem: So hopup goes in too far. Bb won't go past.

Solution: #1. Check for misaligned nub or object between nub and screw. #2. Don't screw hopup all of the way in.

Bonus: Even on other rifles, cranking down the hop up all of the way down does not lead to maximum range and still requires you to tune the amount of hop up to the type of bb you use.

I got by the problem with this, but now, when I put a full mag of gas in the gun, with .40's striker spring tightened all the way, Yes I have checked it, the bb just plops out the barrel like nothin is happening. I keep on thinking there is something wrong with my spring but its really bothering me. Could the impact plate on the back of the magazine be worn down already? I mean, shooting .4's on full gas and striker tightened, should yield more range than just 10 feet out the barrel.

Help please

I got by the problem with this, but now, when I put a full mag of gas in the gun, with .40's striker spring tightened all the way, Yes I have checked it, the bb just plops out the barrel like nothin is happening. I keep on thinking there is something wrong with my spring but its really bothering me. Could the impact plate on the back of the magazine be worn down already? I mean, shooting .4's on full gas and striker tightened, should yield more range than just 10 feet out the barrel.

Help please

stock striker spring or aftermarket

Here's what happens and it is definatley inconsistancy issues. Sometimes, it might just have a bb plop out the barrel, other times it will shoot very reliably and consistant. I just took it all apart, cleaned and regreased it all so I have yet to wait until tomorrow to see how it shoots.

If you're firing with the hop up all the way off then we can rule the nub out.

Take a look at your magazine striker plates. Check to see if there is any damage to the brackets surrounding the plate. It's possible that a damaged anvil is striking or grazing the brackets and not fully engaging the valve or that the plates are damaged and grinding along the walls of the brackets slowing them down.

I believe I have a very big consistancy issue right now. I have heard of this before, and what is happening is that my first 2 or 3 or 4 shots are very week. Following those shots are very positive and accurate shots. But this happens every time I reload my magazine. Could it be that I need a new striker spring and possibly an upgrade to g&g plunger set?