EXTERM0NAT0R

hop up question

so I have been looking all around the tananka gas sniper rifle section for about an hour now (yes all 11 pages) and I came across this topic about a best gun hop up kit. it sounded like the best thing since sliced bread. BUT quite unfourtanetlly, they have been extinct for about two or three years now. what a downer... so my question is; is there another one piece full metal hop up that can preform like the best gun or better?

so I have been looking all around the tananka gas sniper rifle section for about an hour now (yes all 11 pages) and I came across this topic about a best gun hop up kit. it sounded like the best thing since sliced bread. BUT quite unfourtanetlly, they have been extinct for about two or three years now. what a downer... so my question is; is there another one piece full metal hop up that can preform like the best gun or better?

Closest thing is a KA hop up conversion. That's what I've heard at least.

so if you say that the best gun chambes sucked, then whats the best?

I won't be a pompous :censored2:, and I will tell you instead of just wasting bandwidth. The KA chamber is the best. It mods the chamber to a VSR style. You only need it if you have a Tanaka though. Here is where it can be found: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=4035

On a side note, I found the best gun chamber if you wanted to try that out. I personally haven't, so I can't tell you about performance. I've heard most people tend to get the KA chamber, but here is the link to the best gun: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=25742

Hey guys, while I'm not going to dispute the claims for the KA and 2roy chambers I would like you guys to be a bit more detailed. This isn't ASR. If something sucked donkey nuts then PLEASE post why it sucked so bad.

Let's promote a higher standard of review here in this section at least.

ok I just read your post tototime and in the middle you said, "it only works if you have tananka though" so I wouldnt be able to put it into the KJW M700 then? it doesnt work for clones? so im just stuck with the crappy stock hop up? and what you said about the KA chamber that it turns it into a VSR type. so does that mean that you would need a VSR barrel then?

ok I just read your post tototime and in the middle you said, "it only works if you have tananka though" so I wouldnt be able to put it into the KJW M700 then? it doesnt work for clones? so im just stuck with the crappy stock hop up? and what you said about the KA chamber that it turns it into a VSR type. so does that mean that you would need a VSR barrel then?

Well if you have a KJW m700, you're in luck. They already accept VSR style barrels, and they are a VSR style hop up. So, there is no need. As for it being bad, yes, it is poor in stock form. But, with a few DIY mods, you can make it perform on par with any other hop up. You will have to create your own nub or modify an SCS. You will also have to get a new bucking. I've heard a Nineball is the way to go, and then you are set. It's actually a lot cheaper than running a Tanaka, since you would have to pay 100 dollars just to convert.

whoa ok. so im glad I don't have tananka. but, could you give me a link to a nineball bucking? plus, you said there needed to be modifacation on a SCS to work. what kind of modification do you mean? just a little trim on the sides of it or somethin? (cause I don't want to ruin some seven dollar piece of plastic if you know what I mean)

whoa ok. so im glad I don't have tananka. but, could you give me a link to a nineball bucking? plus, you said there needed to be modifacation on a SCS to work. what kind of modification do you mean? just a little trim on the sides of it or somethin? (cause I don't want to ruin some seven dollar piece of plastic if you know what I mean)

I haven't been able to find a nineball bucking in stock anywhere for awhile. Here is a link to one though. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5612

As for the SCS, yes, I believe it is too wide to be used correctly. So, you have to trim down the sides to fit it in.

well I found a place that sells them. its 14 bucks. (still in stock too) its a drop in upgrade correct? (nine ball bucking)

plus, most places I have found have fake SCS's. I wanna get a real one and support shredders work. do you know a place where they sell real ones? or should I just get the one from evike by polarstar?

Edited by EXTERM0NAT0R

well I found a place that sells them. its 14 bucks. (still in stock too) its a drop in upgrade correct? (nine ball bucking)

plus, most places I have found have fake SCS's. I wanna get a real one and support shredders work. do you know a place where they sell real ones? or should I just get the one from evike by polarstar?

I believe a Polarstar SCS is a real one. Shredder is close friends with Edgi and Ben. I believe Polarstar has helped market his SCS. On a side note, where did you find a nineball in stock?

ok thanks for the scs info. I will probbably buy one this week.

well I cant exactly give you a link because I am using a psp and psp's cant do that (I have been using my psp ever since my computer crashed a month ago) BUT, I can tell you how to get there. go to airsoftglobal.com and type in nine ball in the search bar. you will get two pages of results and I believe it is the last result on the second page. and last time I checked (yesterday) it was in stock. so it should be there.

I can do you one better than that. Go on to parafrogairsoft.com. Get their phone number (they don't have the nineball on their site), call them up, and ask them if they have any Nineballs in stock. I got mine for around $17-18 after shipping, and since they're located right here in TN, the shipping was only $2 for Fedex via USPS, and I got my bucking in a week.

Airsoft Global is located overseas. I would be inclined to say the UK, but I've been very wrong in the past.

I recommend against the power bolt. You can get the same performance (possibly better, since the power bolt doesn't have a removable nozzle) out of a stock bolt with a G&G striker spring, and the steel cocking piece (the power bolt comes with these already installed). Much as I dislike sending people to them, Airsoft GI has everything you need for your bolt (ASGI has, for lack of a better term, screwed the pooch on some very large orders that I have made in the past, so I'm more than a little irked at them, but that's another story for another day). If you want the power bolt anyway, they also have one for around $100.

Edited by vulrath

I'm sorry to hear that, Vulrath. Every order I have placed with them has been very satisfying. Anyways, ASGI is probably your best bet for gas M700 stuff. Evike has a larger selection of barrels, but I am a little wary of ordering from them. My friends have had some bad orders in the past. I tend to stick with ASGI, AEX, WGC, and X-Fire.

Edited by tototime

maybe the power pack would be better... it has the sthriker spring and knocker arm... but what I did personaly was that I went to my local Ace and found a spring that looked just like the stock striker spring but I got a waaay stiffer type (and was a pain to install) but I saw a considerable power increase and was only two bucks!

I don't know... it may... I cant remember... I have takken it copletley apart before but I don't want to do it now... lol because the spring is so strong that it takes two people to put it on lol. but since the spring is so strong, every 100-200 shots it loosens the screw that it goes over... which is a pain because when it unscrewes you have to take apart the bolt to tighten up the screw AND when you shoot when the screw is loose it just looks like im out of gas (the bb only goes 3 feet out of the barrel)

I don't know... it may... I cant remember... I have takken it copletley apart before but I don't want to do it now... lol because the spring is so strong that it takes two people to put it on lol. but since the spring is so strong, every 100-200 shots it loosens the screw that it goes over... which is a pain because when it unscrewes you have to take apart the bolt to tighten up the screw AND when you shoot when the screw is loose it just looks like im out of gas (the bb only goes 3 feet out of the barrel)

exactly, when I bought my tanaka, I opened up the bolt to turn up the FPS, and I didn't tighten that screw enough, later my gun did the same, barely shot the BB

and it's not like a light switch on/off, if the screw isn't tight enough, your FPS is slowly decreasing whether you notice it or not, shot by shot, so you really gotta crank that screw in

I may do what you did with buyin sumthin at a hardware store, good idea!

ok ya I will shoot before and after with the upgrade. but it will take time untill I get the pics with the after shots because who knows how long it will take to get to the us from the uk.

a scs (shredders concave spacer) is a hop up nub. (the thing that gets pushed down onto the hop up bucking. but what is so special about the scs is that it is in the shape of a BB and gets way better contact than a stock nub thus increasing accuracy.

and yes, I do have a KJW.

so with my Tanaka, I can buy the KA conversion, nine ball bucking, AND the SCS correct?

also, I found a PCS, it is the same, but the Polarstar version

I have heard really good things about Polarstar, is it better, the same, worse?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=31599

Edited by yayapfool

Unfortunately, unless you do some modding with a file, you're not going to be able to use that SCS. The SCS is larger in diameter than the stock nub, so the recessed part that the nub sits in is too small. This comes from experienced players who have tried to install it in the past. Go with an AEG nub, or even better, a small piece of metal cut to the right length. I've done the latter in more than one sniper rifle, and it always holds up better than the stock nub, and it far surpasses solid-silicone "noodle" nubs.

Quite frankly, if I had the money I'd be using a microlathe to cut a triangle-shaped groove in the middle of the nub. I think that's the best way to imitate the SCS where it won't fit.

As for the shipping, that will depend on the shipping method. It won't take nearly as long as it would if you bought it from Asia, but it's not exactly going to be overnight delivery, either. I'd say you'll get it in a week or two, best case scenario.

Edited by vulrath

I assume you were talking to someone else about shipping, because I didn't mention it...lol

but yes, I have heard you need to file the SCS, but might it be worth it? (by the way, the SCS is an AEG nub, haha)

and also, I saw a little debate on which is better, SCS or madbull's fishbone bucking and nub

I hear the nub is better, because it is softer, but it was in AEG's I beleive

so with high FPS, you'd want the harder SCS?

and again, how about that Polarstar SCS clone?

..I also always thought a little V cut would work the best

....you know...all this got me thinking...I think I'm gonna open up my gun and cut a small, VERY PRECISE V in the stock nub...maybe I should do it a week before I buy a new nub? to be safe? haha

I was talking to Exterminator about shipping.

I was talking about the "classic" cylinder style nub. The hardness of the nub shouldn't matter - that's usually reserved for conversations about buckings. The SCS works so well because of its shape.

The "triangle cut" I was talking about is indeed a v-cut.

I've heard of people doing something similar with their buckings; I haven't had any experience with it so I can't tell you with any certainty what the outcome it'll have.

Sorry if I seem a little calloused right now - it's 0330 and I'm not exactly in the best state of mind right now.

ya but you were talking about AEGs..... we are talking about sniper rifles... gas sniper rifles... you are not going to want to have a soft bucking in a sniper rifle... it will rip far to easily....

the PCS is actually made from polarstar and they lisenced it. shredder is really good friends with polarstar and I don't think shredder had enough money to lisence it himself.

as for the scs not fitting; (which I have known) but thats ok. thats the fun part about upgrading guns; that you made something work.

Edited by EXTERM0NAT0R

exactly ex, I agree, I love tinkering, haha

so SCS or PCS, really doesn't matter then?

because my friend is making an order on ASGI, and they only have PCS

also ex, I think he knows what we're talking about, because these PCS, SCS, and fishbone nubs are all for AEG's, he knows we're gonna have to mod them a tad

by the way, does this come with bucking?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=28726

is there any bucking you guys would recommend for 500-600 FPS?

EDIT:

I'm an idiot, I already know I'm buying the nine ball bucking, lol

Edited by yayapfool