Jake Bosworth

What Kind Of Eye Protection Do You Use?

What do you use in your average airsoft skirmish as eye protection?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use in your average airsoft skirmish as eye protection?

• Paintball Mask
    • Paintball Goggles
    • Ballistic Goggles
    • Airsoft Goggles
    • Airsoft Mask
    • Shooting Glasses
    • Other

Guest BattlePriest

I JUST got a pair of wiley X CQC goggles... I'll be writing a review soon... And yes they are awesome..

Guest BattlePriest
$1.99 Wal-Mart chemical goggles, all the way, baby!

NOT safe.... Hopefully you wont have someone else posting a reply for you in the future after you've been blinded.

Now battlepriest are you double posting for rank :)

I use PB mask. I used to wear PB gogles but then I got shot in the face area and people kept asking me " how'd you get that" and I got tired of explaining to people what airsoft is and why it's fun. But I did get to have some fun with the welts. I made up some pretty strange face diseases. When people I didn't like asked me what it was I told them I had a rare face fungus called gynsonplis. I told them it was higly contagus(sp?) and it got them to stop annoying me :)

Edited by general pain

Guest BrerFox

sometimes I wear Scott goggles and then sometimes I will wear my saftey glasses... I prefer the saftey glasses

Guest BattlePriest

You know... I forgot for a while... what I had said many months ago regarding the eye protection argument.

Lets see if I can remember what I said:

"You know I am sick and tired of wasting my time trying to save these kids and stupid adults from injury and blindness.  It pisses me off enough to have them recklessly endager their eyesight, to save a few bucks, be more comfortable, or more fashionable.  If they will not listen to my FACTs and take measures to save their own eyesight from possible harm, so be it, at least it will give a friendly K9 a good job in the future."

So with that... as I did in the past.. I hand off all eye protection arguments to the rest of the moderating staff... I'm tired of talking to brick walls.

You know... I forgot for a while... what I had said many months ago regarding the eye protection argument.

So with that... as I did in the past.. I hand off all eye protection arguments to the rest of the moderating staff... I'm tired of talking to brick walls.

Well if it makes you feel any better you saved a couple of my friends eyes. I had them read some of your posts and it got them to buy pb masks, so maybe there were a couple of bricks missing from the wall.

And what are ballistic googles? When I think of ballistic I just think of a fancy way to say shooting. So are they any different then shooting glasses?

Edited by general pain

Ballistic like tactical goggles, or at least thats what I took it as. Goggles like the Bolles that I have that have the certified impact rating.

And battlepriest, let em lose an eye, then I bet they'll pay more attention to your warnings next time..............

Ballistic goggles offer quite a bit of protection. The seller I bought my Wiley X CQCs from had a picture of a Marine who was wounded in Iraq. The area around him got nailed with an RPG or something and got a bunch of shrapnel in his face. He had a picture comparing his face to his goggles, his goggles had a few dents and blood stains on the lenses and his face was completely swollen and you coul see the scars from where all the bits of shrapnel was. Next time you have a newspaper with pctures from Iraq, look around the soldeirs'/Marines' necks and faces for the Wiley X logo on the wrap around band of his/her goggles.

Guest triggerhappy

I use the glasses that came with my Sig. I was using some shooting glasses, but they didn't have much side protection. The glasses I have now cover the sides and seel at the top. One stupid kid on my team wears glass sunglasses. He refuses to beleive that a bb would just shatter them and he would get a bb and some glass in his eye. I have also used ski goggles though. They seel completely with foam. I want to get the Wiley X SG-1 system but, 80 bucks for goggles? I don't plan on getting hit in the face by a shotgun blast.

Guest Double_Chin

I rock a pair of Oakley A-Frames with persimmon lenses... they were my old freestyle goggles. They maintain peripheral vision, are ansi rated, and are used by our military. The A-Frame Goggles also maintain facial dryness (no fogging), are comfortable, and provide the wearer with a huuuuge feild of vision. I've tried Wiley-X goggles, and for the price, these polycarbonate lenses are the friggen best.

JAY

*EDIT* yeah... just checked "Private Pilot" (an aviation magazine) and they had an article on ansi testing and "popular glasses". I found that Oakley also got top scores when put under "NBS Definition Pattern Testing," a test that measures image clarity through the goggles. Honestly boys... I really reccomend Oakley goggles.

Edited by Double_Chin

Guest General O'Neill

bolle goggles...so foggy...so scratchy...so uncomfy...so sweat-ridden...so...so...pathetic.

If you're supposed to airsoft in these...how the heck would you even aim? Its hard.

Construction goggles. They fully cover my eyes and seem pretty strong, so I figure they're good enough.

Guest BattlePriest
bolle goggles...so foggy...so scratchy...so uncomfy...so sweat-ridden...so...so...pathetic.

If you're supposed to airsoft in these...how the heck would  you even aim?  Its hard.

What model, My bolles are great

paintball mask, ima wussy and don't like getting hit in the face, even though scars are cool. And with scars I can be like "yeah I got shot there".

Edited by dfinzown

Guest THE M9Er

I usually use my motocross goggles, there scott or smith goggles I use no fancy pantcy goggles

If you're supposed to airsoft in these...how the heck would  you even aim?  Its hard.

Yea, what ones are you talking about? Mine work great and I have absolutely no fogging or aiming problems.

no, no, no! please don't risk your safety wearing swimming goggles or skiing gogles or constuction goggles or anything that is not airsoft regulated! Please, consider your safety. So many people have said, "they look strong enough," but when you're on the battlefield in tears because they shattered and you ruined your vision for the rest of your life, then maybe you'll listen. If it takes learning from your own mistakes then I am sorry. Please listen to those who have learned from their mistakes already. WEAR PROTECTION. Just take the extra step to find a pair of airsoft aproved goggles and it'll be worth your while. I don't know how many times we have to discuss this on the forums but if it keeps people safe, I am willing to be in every one of those conversations.

just started using the wiley x CQCs I just ordered and they have given me zero problems.... I any of you are worried about the rest of your face, just do what I do.. I just wear a boonie hat or kevlar on my head and wrap the rest of my face with a arabic shemagh... works great and it gives you that desert commando look...

Since it os on the topic, anyone know where I can get a pair of Bolle X800T/800Xs for around $50 shipped?

At the moment I use a pair of Harley Davidson High Impact riding goggles I won from a raffle at the local dealership. The only problem is that they fog a little when you are not moving fast, but they offer great protection. Designed to take a small rock getting kicked up from the ground while you are doing 70 down the blacktop. Comfy, just foggy.

I just wear my glasses... But since my friends got their NBBs that shoot really hard (I'm used to crappy springer wars) I'm going to start doing something else. I've tried shooting goggles, but they were ever-so-slightly scratched on one side, and I was playing at dusk, so in order to see my friend lying down in the grass, I had to lower the goggles. That scared the crap outta me. I could envision a BB hitting me in the eye, so I'd lower 'em, find him, then put them back up, and shoot in the gneral direction, because they were glarey and scratched, making it much harder than if I were wearing my glasses. It friggin' ticked me off. I want to try something safer, but I do not have a lot of money to spend. I'm willing to pay $30 at the most, but I know that won't get me much. And I also just spent all of my money on my gun, so it'd take me a few weeks to even get that money.

Guest Smokeurbesmoked

I use whatever protects my eyeballs the best. plain and simple.

I've been looking for some boole or wiley CQC goggles for under 40, but so far am stuck with pb mask. Im thinkin about getting these til I can find a good ballistic goggle 6th or 7th one down anyone no if there good?

I never used to use eye protection when I went AirSofting. Then my eyes got shot, and I had to go to the hospital. In fact, I went blind. So now I just play without my eyes. Besides, using your eyes to AirSoft is for panzies, and if you ask me, it should be illegal. Real men play without their eyes. Besides, I no longer have any use for that panzy "eye protection" stuff anyways, so I guess there is an upside to my story.