to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
specter4

One man, One vision, One year to do it.

This is the story of how my hi-speed G36f came to be. I'll take you through all the steps, starting with step one:

Stock clone g36.

IMG_0406-1.jpg

It was my first AEG. I did my best to love it, but after two weeks curiosity got the best of me, and I ended up taking the gearbox apart with zero experience.

Lucky me, the internet in my house went out the day after. For a week.

So, I started piecing the gearbox together, having no prior reference whatsoever. After about two weeks I finally got it, though not very well. 100 rounds later my piston shredded.

That's when I started upgrading it.

Externally, it remained stock, except for a reflex and vert grip.

Internally, not so much. 8 months and 30+ classifieds later, I had my GB converted to high speed. Things like high-speed gears, bearings, double ported cylinder, systema polycarb piston, and a few others.

By now, it was a great performance weapon, hitting 18rps on a stock motor and 8.4 china battery.

BUT I WANTED MORE.

IMG_0478.jpg

I started thinking externals. That's when I discovered Pimp My Gun.

After some tinkering in PMG and Adobe Photoshop, I came up with this:

myweapon5.png

Diving right in, in the next week I picked up some boneyard SCAR rails, and went to work.

Starting with a hacksaw, I took off the top rail, then sanded it down with a belt sander. I used liquid nails for the rails.

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

But, I was sick of g36 hi-caps. I wanted more versatility.

I used the hacksaw again and made a custom tank-style flashider to make the personality. I also purchased a PP magwell adapter, and added a forward rail.

IMG_0504.jpg

I had some SCAR rails left, so I made long-type rails for the handguard, which IMO look better than aftermarket ones.

IMG_0529.jpg

This was starting to look good. It was unique, not a single thing like it. Something of my own.

I continued my quest for a g36f by painting the magwell adapter, and doing some touch-ups:

IMG_0760.jpg

I liked it. It was starting to look like my concept art. Everyone I showed it too loved the look I gave it. I no longer considered it a clone nor g36. It was my custom prototype G36f.

And then the magic happened. I purchased a $5 can of OD krylon fusion from my local Ace hardware.

127_1028.jpg

I was finished. One year after purchase, I had a completely custom and sick-looking gun I'm still in love with.

127_1012.jpg

127_1024.jpg

127_1001.jpg

Full list of parts and upgrades:

-Tenergy 9.6v battery

-CA high speed gears

-Upgraded G&P m120 high-speed motor

-IA MOSFET

-Modify 7mm bearings

-Guarder air seal nozzle

-King arms reinforced tappet plate

-King arms reinforced selector plate

-TM double o-ringed cylinder head

-SRC ported cylinder for g36 length

-TM 6-ported polycarb piston head

-TM Spring guide w/ bearing

-Systema m100 spring

-Systema area 1000 polycarb piston

-Systema shims

-TM oiled soft bucking

-SCS

FPS - 330~

RPS - 8.4 = 22~ - 9.6 = 30~

-----Custom work-----

Infected Armory MOSFET installed

#14 o-ring

Teflon taped cylinder head

Teflon taped bucking

Professional shimming and White silicon greasing

Checked all air leakage points - 100% sealed

I pride myself in my '36. I pride myself in originality. I pride myself in home-brew guns.

I'll happily answer any questions you may have about it below.

I pride myself in the fact I can come to you guys with a post like this. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for your time. :)

Edited by Sith

Guest CheeseWiz

sick gun, wish I could make a thread like this, but I couldn't bear to rip up my Lr-300, I got a new stock and I've tried a few suppressors, but I could never take a hacksaw to my baby!

You have customization courage that few others possess, nice gun.

I've decided to scrap the trigger guard idea. that would involve a lot of ABS and bondo, and result something that either looks very crappy and/or is very brittle and likely to break off. Plus, the openness of the gun is complemented by the openness resulting from the lack of trigger guard. :)

Looks cool with no trigger guard. I think that the job you did was great and you now have a gun that is very distinctive. How did the krylon work for you? Has it been durable? Did you do a topcoat of clear also?

I've decided to scrap the trigger guard idea. that would involve a lot of ABS and bondo, and result something that either looks very crappy and/or is very brittle and likely to break off. Plus, the openness of the gun is complemented by the openness resulting from the lack of trigger guard. :)

Shapelock. Google it.

1) It is. Read the whole post please. :)

2) Thanks hydra.

3) Yeah, but it isn't OD. Thats just concept art. It has nothing to do with the actual gun itself. I've gotten so much s*** from people about the dang silencer and trigger guard. -.-

Wow, nice job. You give me confidence and alot of it when it comes to working on guns.

I love what you did with your gun, I'm thinking of doing this when I have money one day.

Also congrats on the game, I've been looking for it for quite a while :a-salute: