Sign in to follow this  
jonathanMP5

Your rifles with Rack numbers....

Anyone put rack numbers on their rifles to give them that more "authentic" look?? I'm referring to the rag tag paint pen method...not stenciling.

if you could...post pics of your weapons with rack numbers on them.

thanks!

looks good, but not really the look I'm looking for.

I'm more referring to the rack numbers done in paint pen. I have seen pics of troops with rack numbers on their rifles...but I can't seem to find any of them!

thanks

looks good, but not really the look I'm looking for.

I'm more referring to the rack numbers done in paint pen. I have seen pics of troops with rack numbers on their rifles...but I can't seem to find any of them!

thanks

Well you'll see them in all shapes and sizes. Some are stenciled, others like you said are just done with paint pen. But stenciling looks much more professional.

I apologize first off for not having any pictures. While at basic training, I had the number 135 in white on my M4 butt stock (on the sides). 1 was for 1st Platoon and 35 meant that I was the 35th trainee in the platoon. White was the color of our platoon as well, as we used white electrical tape to mark our rucks and assault pack handles. When I got to my Guard unit, I was assigned an M4 with the butt stock number 05 printed on paper and sealed over with tape.

Why I got butt stock number 05, IDK, but on my airsoft rifle and mags, I use M135 in red paint pen. M is the initial for my last name, 135 as it is a pretty unique and personal number to me, and red as it stands out on both Krylon Khaki and black/grey magazines.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Mil

I apologize first off for not having any pictures. While at basic training, I had the number 135 in white on my M4 butt stock (on the sides). 1 was for 1st Platoon and 35 meant that I was the 35th trainee in the platoon. White was the color of our platoon as well, as we used white electrical tape to mark our rucks and assault pack handles. When I got to my Guard unit, I was assigned an M4 with the butt stock number 05 printed on paper and sealed over with tape.

Why I got butt stock number 05, IDK, but on my airsoft rifle and mags, I use M135 in red paint pen. M is the initial for my last name, 135 as it is a pretty unique and personal number to me, and red as it stands out on both Krylon Khaki and black/grey magazines.

Hope this helps.

very cool...thanks for the post.

and wybot, thanks for the pics.

So what items should the rack numbers go on? Just the stock? (mostly what I have seen) Receivers? I have also seen the rack numbers put on optics. Would it be accurate to put a rack number on a suppressor? (that corresponds with the rifle)

Edited by jonathanMP5

awesome, thanks for the pics guys...

and lol...the guy on the bottom went crazy with his rack numbers....its on everything!

Thanks!

I will probably buy a white paint pen and put a rack # on the stock, lower rec., suppressor, and maybe the upper.

awesome, thanks for the pics guys...

and lol...the guy on the bottom went crazy with his rack numbers....its on everything!

Thanks!

I will probably buy a white paint pen and put a rack # on the stock, lower rec., suppressor, and maybe the upper.

yeah, I am not sure exactly where they go...

Rack #'s FTW!!! Stock, lower, upper, suppressor, and mags...looks good IMO.

IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

I cant wait for this rifle to get that weathered look....

And for the hell of it, I put some on my ak...I know rack #'s really don't fit on Ak's...but...eh, I think it looks good.

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

let me know what you think

My old, sold GBBR. I planned on doing a BLOCK 1 SOPMOD build but the thing was internally crap and I ran out of $$.

img_5118.jpg

agm?

jon very very nice SR5!!

I was gonna pick one up awhile ago but picked up a Sentry instead.

And I think the rack numbers came out perfect IMO.

However I really don't like them at all on the AK, they just don't look right to me.

Two real Navy SEALs guncase's with numbers for reference:

sealguncase.jpg

Just a FYI, the top part of the pic is RS and is a Navy Seal Team members case, the bottom is a pic of a players set up from NC who isn't a Navy Seal.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, my unit doesn't put any permanent markings on our weapons - they do the printed out # held on with clear tape method, too. I've seen some pretty ridiculous rack number things in other units, though - like a card taped to the buttstock with the soldiers name, unit, rack number. Every time though it is on the buttstock - ours is right behind the charging handle. If optics are going to be marked with rack numbers, the armorer uses paint pen and writes it on the bottom of the mount, but usually we just read off serial numbers if we're getting a sensitive items count.

37329_404164683345_774918345_4232758_4191733_n.jpg

If you look at the top of the buttstock, there is a long :censored2: white bar - that has my weapon's rack number on it along with its serial number.

Never seen magazines marked with official rack numbers because they are expendable items. I did however put my battle roster on my issued ammo loadout and kept it in my room so I could keep track of my issued rounds - all the ammo I rolled out with on missions was given to me by my armorer and wasn't officially accounted for. :a-grin:

Edited by DocPeligro

Just a FYI, the top part of the pic is RS and is a Navy Seal Team members case, the bottom is a pic of a players set up from NC who isn't a Navy Seal.

Actually, both of those are Navy SEAL's rifles. Both are real steel. I live in NC and I know the guy who did the replica. That picture isn't his

Whaaaattttt noooo do NOT take off the KFH Whorify, that can break looks great on ur rifle.

Doc are those some CAG-1's I see??? lol

Best Tac Gloves u can buy IMO, ive got 2 pairs.

And rack marks truly should only be in one place on the rifle IMO, either on the receiver or the stock.

If u start putting them all over the rifle I think it just looks stupid.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Theres a reason to put it on multiple things. A lot of guys have it on anything thats removable.

No, the reason you have rack numbers is two fold; 1, you can easily get accountability of your SENSITIVE ITEMS by looking down at a rack number instead of a full serial number, and two, a quick way to ensure you are drawing the same weapon out each time so your weapon keeps zeroed to you.

Putting rack numbers on magazines makes no sense because mags are not sensitive items. They get handed out freely without being signed for or anything like that. Putting it on the upper receiver makes no sense because the rifle comes with both of them together, and when they are put in the rack they are complete and assembled. Nobody hands in their weapon in two pieces! Rail system? Sorry, you can't remove it - that's an armorer's level skill.

Falcon - Yeah, they are CAG-1's - however I lost one of them so now I only got one. I didn't really care for them, though. They let a lot of dirt and sand through. My RFI issued Hatch gloves never let anything through.

Edited by DocPeligro

Actually, both of those are Navy SEAL's rifles. Both are real steel. I live in NC and I know the guy who did the replica. That picture isn't his

Really? He matched the paint perfect on the bottom one, I thought the bottom half of the pic was his stuff. My bad.

Yea Doc made great points, hence why I said Rack #'s normally get placed on stocks only.

Its very rare that u see someone with there Rack # placed all over the rifle.

But Doc really u didnt like the Wiley's huh??......I actually love mine and thats what made me buy another pair lol.

See Wiley's medium fits me true to size and feels better than pretty much every other brand so thats big for me.

Ive never tried Hatch Gloves though, I have Hatch knee/elbow pads and they rock.

Really? He matched the paint perfect on the bottom one, I thought the bottom half of the pic was his stuff. My bad.

Not a problem man, I just wanna give credit where credit is due. Actually, here's a link to the 2 operators themselves with the weapons.

Visit My Website

jon very very nice SR5!!

I was gonna pick one up awhile ago but picked up a Sentry instead.

And I think the rack numbers came out perfect IMO.

However I really don't like them at all on the AK, they just don't look right to me.

thanks man....sorry I haven't responded sooner...we had a lightning 'event' that trashed my network connection, and I didn't get the new USB adapter up and running till now.

Too bad the EOTech wont stay on it, its my Real EO for my AR15...I would love to get a replica, but I don't want to shell out the $60 for a replica...I have a cheapo reflex that will do the job on the SR.

And I know, the AK doesn't looks good with them, I can just get some lacquer thinner and rub them off...but I really don't care, its a cyma, and my girlfriend uses it to play...so....meh XD