to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Chain Sniper

My Ranger Impression

Over the past few months, Ranger loadouts have become more and more common on many forums. A while back I started following many of these loadout progressions and decided to start one of my own. I started talking to Zaitsev a few months ago and he helped me get an idea of what my kit list/final loadout would look like. Until now, my loadout wasn't very 'thread worthy',” however I think it is finally at the point where it's starting to look pretty good; why not start a thread?

Suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome, however understand that this is a WIP and nowhere near complete. My gear is the real deal, and RCS tagged or cut.

Fullloadout7-12-2010.jpg

Fullloadoutback7-12-2010.jpgFullloadoutright7-12-2010.jpg

Fullloadoutleft7-12-2010.jpg

1st Line and 2nd Line

1stline2ndline.jpg

Helmet (7/8/2010)

DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

Kit list:

1st Line:

Blackwater Khaki Riggers Belt

BHI Personal Retention Lanyard

Military issue locking carabiners (x2)

Eagle Industries War-Belt

Eagle Industries RLCS Y-Suspenders

Eagle Industries RLCS Grenade Pouch

Eagle Industries Signal Pouch RLCS

2nd Line (left to right)

Eagle Industries PC w/ C

Eagle Industries MAP Pack

Camelbak 100oz Reservoir

CAT tourniquet

Eagle Industries Medical Pouch

Eagle Industries Single, Double-M4 Mag Pouch

Eagle Industries Shingle Mag Pouch RLCS (Zaitsev's old one)

Eagle Industries Canteen Pouch RLCS

Eagle Industries Administrative Pouch RLCS

Eagle Industries Canteen pouch liner RLCS

Eagle Industries Smoke grenade Pouch

Eagle Industries MBITR Radio Pouch RLCS

-Motorola GP68 Radio

RLCS cut shoulder Pads

Helmet/Head:

MICH 2000 Repro

Standard Issue Chin Strap

MSA Sordin repros

Push-To-Talk for coms

ACR Electronics MS-2000M

Norotos 1pt repro

Ranger Style Goggles

FG Goggle Straps

Oakley Flak's (M's are kosher, but I might care...I might not, we'll see)

Other:

Crye Precision Multicam Combat Uniform

Jacket- (For Multicam: if seen on Rangers)

**Underlined words are "Still needs"

--Nick

Edited by Chain Sniper

Why is the belt hanging low? Excited to take pics? LOL.

Nice loadout though, plus 1 for having all the EI stuff. Anyways, what is that on the belt? Is it a lanyard?

I had the war belt too tight at the time so it was able to hold onto my pant pocket. I only realized what happened after I had taken off all of my gear- so now I run it a little bit looser around my waist so now it's only supported by the Y-suspenders. Ergo, it eliminated that problem.

The lanyard is a personal retention lanyard attached to my riggers belt; it's used for clipping the operator into a helicopter and stopping him from falling to his death if he falls out.

--Nick

I had the war belt too tight at the time so it was able to hold onto my pant pocket. I only realized what happened after I had taken off all of my gear- so now I run it a little bit looser around my waist so now it's only supported by the Y-suspenders. Ergo, it eliminated that problem.

The lanyard is a personal retention lanyard attached to my riggers belt; it's used for clipping the operator into a helicopter and stopping him from falling to his death if he falls out.

--Nick

Wierd. I thought the operators used a harness rather than a lanyard to do that. Oh well. Nice loadout nonetheless.

The velcro on the helmet was a nice touch, most Rangers use that.

Add another Utility Pouch, D-Rings and some chemlights

And not to nitpick but I suggest keeping your feet/legs shoulder length with the dominant one slightly behind the other as if your facing your enemy directly so your body armor faces him straight as you keep that weapon up

The velcro on the helmet was a nice touch, most Rangers use that.

Add another Utility Pouch, D-Rings and some chemlights

And not to nitpick but I suggest keeping your feet/legs shoulder length with the dominant one slightly behind the other as if your facing your enemy directly so your body armor faces him straight as you keep that weapon up

Sage advice there. When you got armor on, you want to square up to your target.

Where did you pick up the retention lanyard?

Only thing I could see besides say a weapon is maybe add a couple more magazine pouches (combat load is 7 magazines), and a medical pouch. Rest looks good as hell.

Edited by DocPeligro

Sage advice there. When you got armor on, you want to square up to your target.

The stance was used to increase recoil management. Shooting handguns I will square up so all of my armor can be used, but I feel more comfortable making longer ranged- un supported shots in that stance. Works great for me in airsoft and in RS shooting.

Where did you pick up the retention lanyard?

I picked it up off eBay for about $10 shipped. I forgot to document the distributer, otherwise I'd refer you...

Only thing I could see besides say a weapon is maybe add a couple more magazine pouches (combat load is 7 magazines), and a medical pouch. Rest looks good as hell.

My AR is not Ranger kosher so I decided to leave it out of the pictures. I'm planning on running 5+1 in my mag pouches and maybe some more in a section of my MAP pack (which I should be able to pick up by mid September).

<AT>GrizzlyAirsoft: ...a lot, ha. I keep a log of all that I buy..and it's a long list haha. I'd wager it's around the low 800s though.

Though incomplete, I ran this gear in an Op on Saturday. Everything worked out great and I have no complaints: You've got to love the looks you get when you show up to an Op looking like you've just walked out of a war zone!

I'm thinking about picking some ESS or BOLLE goggles and some CIRAS shoulder pads (so I can integrate my Y-suspenders directly into my pack) up soon. Updates to come.

--Nick

The stance was used to increase recoil management. Shooting handguns I will square up so all of my armor can be used, but I feel more comfortable making longer ranged- un supported shots in that stance. Works great for me in airsoft and in RS shooting.

Though incomplete, I ran this gear in an Op on Saturday. Everything worked out great and I have no complaints: You've got to love the looks you get when you show up to an Op looking like you've just walked out of a war zone!

I'm thinking about picking some ESS or BOLLE goggles and some CIRAS shoulder pads (so I can integrate my Y-suspenders directly into my pack) up soon. Updates to come.

--Nick

Nick,

I had CIRAS shoulder pads on my MBAV and I didn't care much for them. I sold them to Zaitsev, not sure if he still rocks them or not, but to me they were too stiff. The Actual RLCS shoulder pads are a bit more comfortable. vegas_vixsin has some for sale on e-bay right now.

As for shooting stances, realistically you shouldn't be taking shots farther then 100m standing. You want to make yourself as low of a profile as possible, if you can't (ie you are standing) you want to make sure you have your plates to the front to protect you better. It's a lot harder to keep the buttstock in the shoulder pocket for recoil management, but you can do it especially with how small the MBAV is and it will work just fine once you get use to it. PM me your email address, I'll send you a powerpoint I've got on M4/M16 fundamentals.

Suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome, however understand that this is a WIP and nowhere near complete. My gear is the real deal, and RCS tagged or cut.

--Nick

Just a suggestion, and im not at all criticizing you or your look but I suggest you grab a shemagh as you seem to have a long neck which throws me off for some reason.

Again no doubt some people will think im being a jerk but its something that can help improve your ranger look as well as protect your neck.

I have seen some pics of Rangers wearing them over at militaryphotos but they have been lost to the depths of the forum. so this is the best I could do to show you what I mean.

vyjezdpatrolylogarzari0hp7.jpg

The Shemagh is the cloth he is wearing around his neck and tucked down into his BDU's

Edited by Skulls

..I suggest you grab a shemagh..

That or a Tan balaclava, but I think balaclavas or more versatile.

Another thing is, you don't really need Multicam. A lot of Rangers stick to ACU, but they do wear CB and OD.

So what I would do is save the money on the BDU's, and instead go for a different color scheme so you can mix and match whenever you feel like..but I don't know if you have other loadouts or not.

&lt;AT&gt;GrizzlyAirsoft: Yes sir ha, you are correct... You could undoubtedly score the look by buying high quality repro gear. I know Pantac makes an EPC-C clone that comes with most all the pouches you will need for $130. You'd probably look at <$450 for a completed repro Ranger Impression, which IMHO would be the smarter route to go down. It takes a certain level of insanity to be an effective gear Professional haha.

&lt;AT&gt;Doc: Yea Zaitsev still rocks them and loves them. I hear what you are saying though about the stiffness of the pads. I'm mainly looking for the ability to route my soon-to-be coms PTTs and hydration tube through. I would also LOVE some way to attach my Y-suspenders through my shoulder pads to make the rig rock solid (because they suspenders got a little finicky at one.

Just looked on eBay: Great find on the shoulder pads! I'll be bidding on them here soon! I hate it how every time I visit V_V's store I feel like my wallet is too heavy =P... Thanks!

&lt;AT&gt;Skulls: hahah not criticizing at all. I have a FG/black shemagh (I'm pretty sure they buy it themselves so I'm not sure I'll matter if it's 1 specific color), but I thought I'd keep it out of the ACUPAT Ranger inspired loadout because there were very few pictures of Rangers using them back then. For the Multicam impression: It'll be in there.

&lt;AT&gt;The shooting stance issue: I don't want to dwell on this as this after all is a loadout thread. I've used it for a while and I adapt my shooting stance to the ever changing situations I find myself in- as no two shots are the same.

I was out bid on the ESS goggles last night (all $5 of them..) but I was glad I was now in seeing all of the stuff at V_V's store.. This'll be interesting

--Nick

That or a Tan balaclava, but I think balaclavas or more versatile.

Another thing is, you don't really need Multicam. A lot of Rangers stick to ACU, but they do wear CB and OD.

So what I would do is save the money on the BDU's, and instead go for a different color scheme so you can mix and match whenever you feel like..but I don't know if you have other loadouts or not.

Ranger outside the wire going on actual combat missions in A-stan will only be wearing Multicam uniforms as of now. Also the RLCS kit is only issued in Ranger Green so them using CB or OD is unlikely.

Ranger outside the wire going on actual combat missions in A-stan will only be wearing Multicam uniforms as of now. Also the RLCS kit is only issued in Ranger Green so them using CB or OD is unlikely.

Some Rangers have been known to use Multicam and Khaki pouches, and the drop pouch is always CB, from what I've seen.

I agree on the few mix matched pouches of colors but he seemed like he was saying more of full rigs in other colors.

Thanks for the heads up Spydey, it's been doing that to me lately:

ACU with CB: http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/p...gers-street.jpg

ACU with OD: http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/p...little-bird.jpg

Edited by IntraTec45

In your first picture only the guy on the right is a Ranger. The other guy is another unit working with the Rangers in that area.

How can you tell?

In your second picture all three guys are wearing Rangers green just like every other Ranger does, not OD.

oh excuse me!

lol but in airsoft, when people buy knock off camouflage and other things, I don't think the difference between OD and green is much of a difference in a field, when even the players don't match the terrain they play in.

In any case, I'm planning on basing my impression off the basis that Rangers wear RG gear and are now running Crye uniforms outside the wire. So the talk of "maybe one or two rangers use this" is irrelevant.

In the countdown to some buys I'm going to be making soon, I had an idea to take up some un-used MOLLE-state on the right side of my vest under my arm.

This is its current state: (it's the two open MOLLE rows behind the canteen pouch)

DSCN0283.jpg

Maybe by rigging up an EI slung weapon's catch right there, it would be an asset while fast roping. (M16 used for demonstration)

DSCN0284.jpg

If anyone has had any experience with an EI slung weapon catch before, your imput would be valued. Thoughts?

--Nick

Typically rangers are issued crye multicam and coyote tan kits (ussually an RBAV). Get rid of the M16. The only people who still have those in the military never leave the base, and even they don't have one with a carrying handle. Get an M4 or an ACR (they are just now starting to use them).

If your IFAK is empty, take it off. really, whats the point of having it? tourniquets are almost always attached right to the front of the webbing with rubber bands for easy access.

And by the way, in your sig, it is no longer called FB Cobra. They changed the name to FB Tinsley.

Typically rangers are issued crye multicam and coyote tan kits (ussually an RBAV). Get rid of the M16. The only people who still have those in the military never leave the base, and even they don't have one with a carrying handle. Get an M4 or an ACR (they are just now starting to use them).

Pretty sure SDM's get M-16's

This is wrong. Rangers are issued the RLCS kit (which includes the MBAV and RBAV) in Ranger Green. Not tan. M4 would be good. ACR is definitely NOT being used by Rangers.

If anyone has had any experience with an EI slung weapon catch before, your imput would be valued. Thoughts?

--Nick

Not every single MOLLE loop has to be used - in fact, I'd probably move the radio pouch up closer to the canteen pouch, or swap them around completely, that way I could reach both of them easier.

1) Could you please change your forum name? Fine if you don't, but still. To be honest, it makes you look somewhat retarded.

2) See any picture of the Rangers from within the past 5 years. They all wear RG kit.

3) The military does not have a contract with Bushmaster for the ACR, or they would have announced it.

Edited by Snowman1

1) Could you please change your forum name? Fine if you don't, but still. To be honest, it makes you look somewhat retarded.

+1

Also, hard to take any information from anyone when it contradicts most conventional knowledge.

I do believe that Rangers have a diverse use of SDM. They could be the more conventional sniper, or more of a specialized assault rifle: (most modern image)

4759531371404dbc2e0fo.jpg

I've always liked that rifle, but for airsoft, I'm not sure how practical it would be as the only Specter DR repros are 4x.. still an option.

--Nick