Sign in to follow this  
Irock13

First GBB

So I'm looking at getting my first GBB, and I was looking at the WE Hi Capa Dragon 5.1 (LINK). Would this be a good choice for my first GBB? It will probably only be skirmished once or twice, and it will be used lightly in those. You can supply other suggestions, but it has to be available in silver, as I care alot about the looks, I also want to keep the price as close to $100 as possible, I'd say $135 at max. Thanks

Stay away from it...I owned the CQB Master (reinforced version of it) AND another Dragon. They both broke. The loading nozzles are weak as :a-censored:.

Just buy a used TM/KSC gun off of the forums. You'll be much happier with that choice. I bought this for looks as well; and the reinforced CQB Master at that. But sadly, that didn't end well....gotta buy a new loading nozzle now.

Unless you're willing to devote time on it and care for it, or at least reinforce the insides, just steer clear. Otherwise, be prepared to sift through google for ways to make this thing better.

I will have to disagree with plinky. both of my friends have the dragon (silver and dark) and both are running well after quiet a few thousand rounds, it will require maintainace and lube like any other GBB. Nozzles will break on all GBBs and will need to be replaced, but as long as its well lubed, and u use good bb's it should be fine for quiet a while, and from what it sounds you just want somthing to mess around with. GBB's are not for everyone and for 110$ this will be good for your first gun, but if you ever decide to go up in the world of GBB's you will need to spend money on quality guns.

I have worked continually with WE, for what you need it will do the trick. WE is meant to be a nice show piece, a semi-reliable side arm and good bang for your money. don't expect to use it as a primary in stock form, but if you ever decide it takes all TM HI-CAPA upgrades (includeing trigger assemblies bbu frame and slides, etc) you can.

Edited by soviet911

soviest hit the nail on the head.

don't expect a WE sidearm to be a perfect reliable sidearm without some work put into it.

And trust me soviet has put a ton of work into his 1911 so he knows first hand.

Any WE is a "decent" pistol but thats where it stops.

Most WE pistols are gas hogs and slide heavy with some slide wobble as well.

If its ur first pistol I would recommend looking into a Socom Gear 1911/MEU instead.

SG are re-branded WE pistols but with slightly better builds.

Now if u can save up a few more bucks then I would clearly suggest going with a TM of ur choice.

The Hi-Capa 4.3 & 5.1 are amazing in every way and have tons of upgrade ability.

But pretty much any TM pistol is a win-win and trust me u wont be displeased.

I just bought one of those used. I like it but not enough to keep it on me in a game or anything. pretty cool though.

Yeah, I agree with you there. The long trigger pull kind of makes it useless in a game unless you get really pro with it, but it's still a good pistol for the cash.

My first GBB was the WE 1911 Ivory grips from airsoftgi, and I gotta say I still use it! its phenominal, no doublestack mags, but its still awesome, I wanted to stay away from doublestacks because of authenticity. I have heard a lot of good things about this gun, so I would say its a good choice, and my experience with WE has no negative situations. I say yes, it will be a good first GBB gun.

WE can be very 50/50.

Meaning u can get one that works flawlessly pretty much and the next person can get one that has some issues.

For the money WE pistols arent a bad choice at all, but if u want a really reliable pistol ur gonna have to upgrade/modify it.

Just remember if u like realism like me then WE might not be a good choice since their minus trades.

If u want trades then I would say look at Socom Gear's line of pistols, they are re-branded WE pistols with slightly better internals.

Thanx ninja im very happy to hear u purchased a TM and are happy with it.

And to the OP, like I mentioned earlier, u truly CANNOT go wrong with a TM pistol.

I own hmmmmm 7 TM pistols and they have NEVER given me any problems whatsoever.

Go TM and don't look back!!

So I'm looking at getting my first GBB, and I was looking at the WE Hi Capa Dragon 5.1 (LINK). Would this be a good choice for my first GBB? It will probably only be skirmished once or twice, and it will be used lightly in those. You can supply other suggestions, but it has to be available in silver, as I care alot about the looks, I also want to keep the price as close to $100 as possible, I'd say $135 at max. Thanks

Answer is easy. Take this from someone who just bought 8 differnt pistols.

WE...No more WE for me. Sorry

TM. Too expensive to upgrade. Pain in the buttocks.

KWA. Kick :censored2: fit and finish. Absolutely best looking. Great heft. Shoots great right out of the box. Get NS2 new version.

The MAtch 45 is an H&K design. BIG! Almost 380fps on propane. Double stack mag. Awesome! Sights were a bit off.

KWA 1911 MKIV...Ho HO! Awesome 1911. only 15 rounds but WOW!!! What a piece!

and last. you wont believe this. The MOST reilaible. never jams shoots all the time no matter what, 5 or more mags per fill. Are you ready???> A WIN GUN 1911!!

rEALLY cheap looking with fake chrome. Shoots unreal hard. NOT FOR CLOSE IN WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 400 or more fps. Its a beast. Takes co2 caplets and gets un real usage from one 12 gram caplet. DOUBLE ACTION unless you :censored2: hammer back.

I tapped the RED PLASTIC tip that came with it to take a Hong Kong Zombie Killer suppressor with foam. REALLY quiets this gun down. The SMACK of the bb is only sound.

This is a NON blowback. Thats why all the power.

I have 3 mags and it rocks! looks cheesy. I am going to PAINT mine

All KWA are the best (stock)looking hand guns out there! Great fit and finish.

So run with it!

Answer is easy. Take this from someone who just bought 8 differnt pistols.

WE...No more WE for me. Sorry

TM. Too expensive to upgrade. Pain in the buttocks.

KWA. Kick :censored2: fit and finish. Absolutely best looking. Great heft. Shoots great right out of the box. Get NS2 new version.

The MAtch 45 is an H&K design. BIG! Almost 380fps on propane. Double stack mag. Awesome! Sights were a bit off.

KWA 1911 MKIV...Ho HO! Awesome 1911. only 15 rounds but WOW!!! What a piece!

and last. you wont believe this. The MOST reilaible. never jams shoots all the time no matter what, 5 or more mags per fill. Are you ready???> A WIN GUN 1911!!

rEALLY cheap looking with fake chrome. Shoots unreal hard. NOT FOR CLOSE IN WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 400 or more fps. Its a beast. Takes co2 caplets and gets un real usage from one 12 gram caplet. DOUBLE ACTION unless you :censored2: hammer back.

I tapped the RED PLASTIC tip that came with it to take a Hong Kong Zombie Killer suppressor with foam. REALLY quiets this gun down. The SMACK of the bb is only sound.

This is a NON blowback. Thats why all the power.

I have 3 mags and it rocks! looks cheesy. I am going to PAINT mine

All KWA are the best (stock)looking hand guns out there! Great fit and finish.

So run with it!

Well I had nothing but trouble with kwa I bought a tokyo marui night warrior and it is 10x nicer then kwa. The accuracy is outstanding, the fit and finish in my opinion was nicer, much more reliable and you don't need to upgrade it unless you want to. The accuracy is so good that I can hit a nickel even a dime from 20 feet! Not only that the mag holds 28rds as apposed to the kwa's 14rds I'm not trying to bash kwa but they just didn't do it for me. And believe me I tried 5 different kwa's I had to get rid of them all. That's just my experience yours may have been different :a-wink:

Edited by ninja1226

Ok everyone is gonna have their own opinions and preferences.

KWA guns are def nice and shoot extremely well.

As for saying TM guns are too expensive too upgrades, that's completely false. Parts cost the same amount as they do for any pistol. Granted some parts may cost more depending on the brand ur purchasing.

And the only downside to KWA pistols are a lack of upgrade parts.

Like I always say, TM is the best way to go hands down. You get a great performer, ultra reliable, and tons of upgrade potential.

You really can't beat that or ask for more.

As for saying TM guns are too expensive too upgrades, that's completely false. Parts cost the same amount as they do for any pistol. Granted some parts may cost more depending on the brand ur purchasing.

Like I always say, TM is the best way to go hands down. You get a great performer, ultra reliable, and tons of upgrade potential.

The KWA guns look nice, but in my opinion are highly inaccurate compared to TM guns. The KWA's for me anyway had some serious reliability issues, but again thats just my experience. I love my night warrior its wonderful and thanks for persuading me Falcongroup :a-grin:

Edited by ninja1226

Yea everyone is gonna have their own preference.

KWA pistols are excellent pistols but all around I think TM is the better choice.

Now if its a Glock then ill say KWA/KSC first and foremost.

But like I tell most people, go with the pistol u prefer best.

After all its ur money being spent lol.

I conceed there is nothing like a TM. My tech wont stop hammering that fact in my ear. He is making up a VERY upgraded TM hi cappa for me. But it will end up costing me a fortune! Metal slides, etc, I am sure it will be incredible.

I may end up getting more TM guns, but preferably ones that someone else has spent money on to upgrade and depreciation has kicked in.

Out of the BOX, new, I still like my KWA's. The 45 Match is a beast and shoots great. The .45 MKIVis better than WE by a long shot, but mag capacity sux. I may buy an already mildly upgraded TM 1911 as my next gun. Like the MEU.

I am trying to incorporate more TM guns in my arsenal, it is just so hard when there are so many other attractive possibilities for a lot less money.

Used is a different story if you can get a good deal.

Bosun when u get that Hi-Capa back def take some pix, id like to see how it looks.

Theres no doubt that KWA weapons are fantastic in many ways.

I just prefer TM over anything else except when it comes to Glocks lol.

Bosun if u search a bunch of diff AS forums u can find some very well built TM MEU's, alot of them converted to Kimber's.

I have one converted to a Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom II and its awesome, the PGC Kit fits so flawlessly with no tolerances.

But I agree with ur Tech, DEF add more TM pistols to ur arsenal :a-wink:

And the difference between a KWA and TM pistol price wise isnt much at all.

Bosun when u get that Hi-Capa back def take some pix, id like to see how it looks.

Theres no doubt that KWA weapons are fantastic in many ways.

I just prefer TM over anything else except when it comes to Glocks lol.

Bosun if u search a bunch of diff AS forums u can find some very well built TM MEU's, alot of them converted to Kimber's.

I have one converted to a Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom II and its awesome, the PGC Kit fits so flawlessly with no tolerances.

But I agree with ur Tech, DEF add more TM pistols to ur arsenal :a-wink:

And the difference between a KWA and TM pistol price wise isnt much at all.

OK. I bought a TM! A civilian AUG with a Phantom Kit. Upgraded to 500fpsd with a PDi 260% spring,

http://airsoftclassifieds.com/detail.php?cat=&de=17740

I made a deal/ He kept BOTH motors and the MOSFET since the MOSFET was semi only and I didnt like the motors. I don't like the psiton either! I will buy a G&P SHORT M160 from HK and a Supercore piston and a uh...different MOSFET.

Whats the best MOSFET for thios set up? I want full auto capability.

I will probably get a Tenergy 11.1 LIPO 5000mah for the power hungry M160 and add Deans.

What else? I am leaving his tightbore alone until I see what it does or doesnt do.

I paid 265 shipped!!! Good deal for BOTH parties???? I think so! He can flog those motors and pistons fast. I get the piston head.

I LIKE the Phantom kit. My tech HATES the look!!?? What do you expect from a guy who carries a French SMG?

What bucking? Firefly hard? Shredder+ Systema soft? What are guys using with HIGH fps shredder combos?? The guy who invented them insists to use a SOFT bucking but there are limits to that. I don't think the guy has a grip on what to do with HIGH powered stuff!! So what to do??

I PAINTED the TM Hi CAppa frame with Duracoat H&K black. Too shiny. I want a gentle satin. I need to sand and red do. Cut the next paint mix with matte clear?? Its going to be AWESOME! will post pics.

I was going to get a Gaurder slide AND sights but way too much $$ when I have a perfectly good aftermarket alloy slide. I just need to PAINT it!!!

ANOTHER TWO MORE TM's a coming! I bid on a Socom MK23 from HI. USed twice...110 bux shipped...2 mags! with all

original packaging etc.

Second ebay is not done yet. That is a TM MK23 with a Y&P thrown in. I am buying that for my best friend! I BID 130$$ max on that!

ALL MY WE"S are for sale!!! Some are almost BRAND NEW!!! USed only to test. I will get u link to my Airsoft Techs listing when he lists them very soon!

They will be tuned and gone over by my tech.

I wont give any warranties. Some of these last for a LONG time ...other times they fail right away. It's hit or miss!!!

Also a PERFECT HFC all metal UZI T77. Heavy gun!

I am getting MORE TM stuff!

Edited by bosundave

bosun sounds like u got a pretty nice deal on both weapons.

But a 260% spring in the AUG, sounds extremely high or is it a DMR???

Either way id like to see some pix once u get the items.

And if u do win a auction for a Mk23 trust me u wont be displeased.

Even though I don't use mine that often its in practically brand new condition, slide painted Krylon flat black as well and I love it.

I do however need to pick up a few extra mags and a new bucking sooner or later.