to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
verisimilitude

Meet the family... of M4s and M16s

I see you used some sort of G&G as your base, I did too in mine. So, what conversion kit did you use, and what was the original gun? (Proline, sportline, m16 or m4, ect)

I got the Classic Army aluminum conversion kit, so I decided I wanted a metal body too, so I went with a Proline. The basic M16A3 isn't too expensive. I also scored a Classic Army Swan rail off one of the couple of HK sites that still had it in stock.

The pistol grip and trigger guard are G&P. The rear sight (A.R.M.S. #40) is DBoys.

I've got a Prometheus 469mm ASH 6.05mm barrel in there, which is actually a better fit than the 455mm, which is the standard length for an 18" barrel. + Prommy Neo Strike.

To be honest, if I had it to do over again, I'd get the Classic Army carbon fibre version. The forend is very heavy. Fortunately, I won't be moving around much with this, so it isn't a real problem.

The other issue is the SPR barrel extension and flash hider. I originally had this kit on another gun, and the hole in the CA extension/hider was so small, that the hopped-up bbs were hitting it before they got out of the gun, causing problems. So I bought an after-market other brand that, sure enough, had a larger bore hole in it.

Edited by verisimilitude

Hey man sweet m4 (the last one)...thats the g&p sentry right?....did you buy a long barrel version or did you put that barrel on it, I have a sentry short berrel version and I want a long barrel but the rails "delta ring thing" I cant get it off to replace the barrel. I would get an extension but but that would mean getting the extension and two adaptors so thats at least 70 bucks for just 3 inchs (as bad as that sounds)

Got the 14.5" barrel version. Took off the G&P rail system--the barrel nut came off OK, just got some purchase on those little square cut-outs on the front edge of it. Dropped in a longer Mad Bull rail, with the Socom Gear barrel nut for G&P.

Wow Versim, some sweet DD Build you got there. Now I know why all the Madbull DD Bodies are out of stock....LOL. Personally though, that scope is sooooo ugly....go with a standard 3-9x40 and get rid of the one you got now...it looks so undignified. But I really like the silver barrel and flash hider.....when my build is finished.....well lets just say it will be unique. :a-wink:

I am not happy about you necro posting an old thread... But if you Necropost, this is how you do it...

lol

:a-shocked:

These guns span back at least 2 years and are still beautiful by todays stnadards.