Sign in to follow this  
Irock13

Sniper Tac. Gear

Ok, so I'm getting a full sniper loadout, and I was wondering what would be the best equipment. Heres my loadout, gun and all so far:

1. UTG MK96 in ACU (I like ACU, and it goes at my field) ($140)

2. AirosftGi 3-9x Scope ($27)

3. Im not sure about elbow and kneepads, so if you could suggest some (~$40)

4. ACU pants and a shirt, most likely Military Surplus.

5. BioShotBB .30's ($17)

6. Anything I'm forgetting?

I don't see why you'd want to ever use ACU...

Since you might be kneeling/prone most of the time I recommend Alta Proguard or Bijan's in CB. For load bearing, check out HSGI's sniper waist pack, or simple ALICE webbing.

these are the kneepads I got.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=25198

and these are fore arm and elbow pads. I know they are for paintball but since you may be crawling around and on your elbows ALOT they may prove usefull. or something like this. it doesn't have to be from this company

http://www.ansgear.com/PhotoGallery.asp?Pr...9ELBOWPADSBLACK

I still recommend Bijan/Alta Proguard. They are extremely comfortable kneepads, and Alta makes elbow pads as well.

The Matrix/Condor ones you posted are clones of the first Alta pads. I don't see why you'd use black in the first place. And those forearm pads are going to restrict your arm movement, which I'm guessing is really important when sniping.

Ok, so I'm getting a full sniper loadout, and I was wondering what would be the best equipment. Heres my loadout, gun and all so far:

1. UTG MK96 in ACU (I like ACU, and it goes at my field) ($140)

2. AirosftGi 3-9x Scope ($27)

3. Im not sure about elbow and kneepads, so if you could suggest some (~$40)

4. ACU pants and a shirt, most likely Military Surplus.

5. BioShotBB .30's ($17)

6. Anything I'm forgetting?

Do you put your mags in your pockets? At least I do. If not, this chest-rig holds them well and does not take up much space.

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/produc...igital-4737.cfm

They also have it in black, OD, and coyote.

PP

ACU really isn't that great of a pattern. Regular woodland would be better unless you play CQC, whereupon Digital Urban might actually work.

The scope will work, but something better is always preferred.

Alta Proguard or Bijans are the best. You can purchase them on eBay for $20 shipped, even though they are worth about $40.

Bioshot makes great BBs! Biovals are still better from what I know, but Bioshot are definitely up there!

Good eye protection? That's definitely a must have. I'd recommend getting full seal goggles. You can get Arena FlakJaks from goggleoverstock.com for $20 shipped or Revision or ESS goggles on eBay.

I assume you are aware of what it means to be a sniper in airsoft? It's nothing like in FPS games. Don't forget to do a lot of reading up on how to be a good one. It's definitely nothing like you'd expect, based on video games.

Alright, lets use some common sense here.

1. ACU cut is a great uniform, the UCP Pattern isn't that great. But if it works for your field, then great. I know it did at my old field in AZ. Surplus Stores are your friend.

2. You don't need elbow pads. It creates stability issues while in the prone (very bad for the sniper). A set of knee pads is also good (I only wear one while in the field).

3. Chest Rigs bad for snipers. You will be laying on the ground, thus smashing your gear into the dirt. Very uncomfortable and creates stability issues again. You want to buy a ALICE type system that moves everything to your waist and sides.

As a sniper, your body is your shooting platform. You want to make as much contact to the surface of the ground you are laying on, thus increasing accuracy.

lol, ACU + sniper = FAIL. Also I wouldn't plan on being any kind of benefit to your team until you've dropped hundreds of dollars into that gun. Seriously.

First of all, look at my field before you assume that. Second of all, my field has 2 bases within 150' of eachother, just out of anyones AEG's effective range, so I only need to stay behind cover and make shots from about that far away, so a stack gun with a few compression mods (piston head screw tefloning, new o-ring, more teflon) should be more than sufficient. Also, I personally LOVE ACU, and it works very well at my field, its full of semi-dead grass, and other lighter colored terrain.

I don't see why you'd want to ever use ACU...

Since you might be kneeling/prone most of the time I recommend Alta Proguard or Bijan's in CB. For load bearing, check out HSGI's sniper waist pack, or simple ALICE webbing.

Yeah, I can attest to the Alta knee pads being a great choice too. They're really comfortable, don't slip much, very durable and they're a great price.

you def need more camouflage than a set of ACU's. I suggest getting a Boonie cap (in UCP if you must) and Putting ghillie stuff all over it (Burlap, jute and don't forget to put natural vegetation in it before each round) you will probably need to glue on a section of netting as the loops on the sides wont be enough. Also wrap some of that netting around the barrel of your weapon and try and put some around your shoulders, maybe add a length of ghillied up netting that hangs off the back of your Boonie and onto your shoulders. This will blend you in and break up your outline. At the last local game there was a guy poking his head out at me and it took me like 30 seconds to notice him because he was perfectly still and was wearing a ghillied up Boonie.

If ACUs work in your area, good. I wore them for 3yrs, Im just not a fan. With the ACU 96, Id suggest getting it in OD or black and save some money. Ive heard the pattern/color isnt that impressive. Id also suggest painting it yourself, since its a fairly simple process.

Look up Zerowolf's DIY guide. It will help with accuracy and durability. Another tip, inspect your rifle very well. Leapers has a 30 warrenty on the UTG MK96. I had them send me another bucking and trigger assembly, all for free, including shipping.