to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
bnoji

PolarStar Drop-In HPA System for V2 Guns

Say what? Thats unheard of.
Highly commercialized long established monopolistic indoor paintball fields with no other local competition? I was only there a couple times, but even players who looked like they'd been playing much longer than me were complaining about it.

Everything I quoted makes no sense. Scuba tanks range from $250-500, so IDK what you're thinking, and regulators are required for HPA and CO2, whereas the Sherman system has a built-in regulator.
Again, I'm not familiar at all with gas systems. My experience was all of half a dozen paintball games. And my bad, it was a small "spare emergency" scuba tank that was 100$, though I don't think you'd need a full sized scuba cylinder. I still have no idea why only the "sherman system" has a built in regulator... and yes, as you can guess I've never looked into gas before so I probably have no idea what I'm reading or looking at.

Its supposed to be simple, effective, and efficient. And the effective range isnt going to be 250-300 feet just from having more consistent shots. I don't think you understand the concept....
All I know of are some miraculous stories from classic airsoft gun systems that were gas powered. If this isn't it, then I'm not interested, though it looked promising... but yes if the shots were more consistent it would extend the effective range. AEGs really start to max out just past 200 feet, but with more consistency, slightly higher velocities, and heavier ammo you could start approaching 300 feet.

Im betting itll be more than that with everything to be honest.
And there went the last of my interest in this. No thank you. I'll stick to my AEGs. Edited by Pvt. Derp

Guest CheeseWiz

I am still, as I have been when I first heard of this in asf chat some weeks ago, extremely interested.

Bnoji, you said you would have some cost/release date estimates today, any word or has a new factor popped up?

Highly commercialized long established monopolistic indoor paintball fields with no other local competition? I was only there a couple times, but even players who looked like they'd been playing much longer than me were complaining about it.

Again, I'm not familiar at all with gas systems. My experience was all of half a dozen paintball games. And my bad, it was a small "spare emergency" scuba tank that was 100$, though I don't think you'd need a full sized scuba cylinder. I still have no idea why only the "sherman system" has a built in regulator... and yes, as you can guess I've never looked into gas before so I probably have no idea what I'm reading or looking at.

All I know of are some miraculous stories from classic airsoft gun systems that were gas powered. If this isn't it, then I'm not interested, though it looked promising... but yes if the shots were more consistent it would extend the effective range. AEGs really start to max out just past 200 feet, but with more consistency, slightly higher velocities, and heavier ammo you could start approaching 300 feet.

And there went the last of my interest in this. No thank you. I'll stick to my AEGs.

I LOL at you sir.

While you always have that notion in the back of your mind that at any point at any time your AEG can fail, those who use Classics (and hopefully this new system!) never have to worry about it. I use classics for many reasons, and reliability is the main one. NEVER have I been let down by my external-rigged guns.

And the stories you heard about "miraculous" ranges are true- but they aren't really possible with this system because there is no moving barrel and no proprietary hop up. That was my one disappointment- if you found a way to integrate the hop up to ensure a perfect seal as well as a great hop up design, I would be truly impressed. AEG hop up systems can only be so good. I HIGHLY doubt you nor anyone else can push an AEG to 300ft effective range while under field regulation FPS. The reason being is that with a heavier bb going faster, the hop up has less effect. And without backspin, you got nothing. Still though, if this thing is truly consistent, I could be proven wrong.

Lastly, Nikken Sherman air tanks are cheap because they do not provide the performance of CO2 or HPA. HPA is good because it has no cool-down effect, but the same tank of CO2 will last longer. Both will last much longer than Nikken Sherman air tanks, but are more expensive.

Edited by NinjaTurtle

Guest CheeseWiz

I'n my opinion, one of the massive factors in accuracy is fps consistency.

think about it, if a sniper was changing what bullet he was using every shot, would he be very accurate?

now, this is by far not the only factor, you will need everything to get 250-300 feet, but thus far in aeg's, that's not attainable even with the best of parts. I think of this not as the determining factor, but the one that allows the other things you do for accuracy to do their job.

Also, whats a LRB? any way I could get one? would it be better than my current prommy 6.03 prommy neo chamber and prommy bucking anyway?

think about it, if a sniper was changing what bullet he was using every shot, would he be very accurate?

now, this is by far not the only factor, you will need everything to get 250-300 feet, but thus far in aeg's, that's not attainable even with the best of parts. I think of this not as the determining factor, but the one that allows the other things you do for accuracy to do their job.

Also, whats a LRB? any way I could get one? would it be better than my current prommy 6.03 prommy neo chamber and prommy bucking anyway?

An LRB is a long-range barrels that were used in classic guns. Basically it is curved in such a way that it forms the rough shape of a banana. Then, when the bb is fired it rides along the top of the barrel so that it gets a backspin. It was amazing because you could use any bb you wanted and tube the LRB to that bb, instead of an intrusion that caused backspin.

However, it is not applicable with this system because it requires a BV system with a moving barrel. At least, its never been successfully equipped in a stable-barrel setup.

An LRB stands for long range barrel, it has a sloping bore and has grooves inside it, this way the barrel acts as a long hopup. It is fixed so you must use .28s .3s etc. It can't be installed in an aeg. Only in classics. More info on classicairsoft.net

Edit: ninja beat me

Edited by Ion

And there went the last of my interest in this. No thank you. I'll stick to my AEGs.

you Sir just don't get it

some of us however DO get it, we like the idea of higher levels of performance, couple that with a solution that also increases reliability (2 moving parts)

sure a stock TM can go for 100,000 rounds, but NOT at the performance levels some of us have come to expect

you show me an AEG that shoots 35 RPS <AT> 550 FPS that can survive 100,000 rounds and I'll buy one

basically I'm tired of breaking parts

stripped/broken Pistons $15.00-$45.00

cracked piston heads $15.00 - $25.00

stripped gears $25.00 - $120.00

broken gear axles

charred contacts $40.00

broken tappet plate $15.00 - $20.00

burnt motors $35.00 - $80.00

not to mention fets and re wiring $50.00 - $100.00

Lipo batteries $20.00 - $60.00

I seriously doubt that the price will be more than the cost of running upgraded internals for a year

you Sir just don't get it

So your support weapon AEG setups keep breaking, so you want something you can't possibly screw up? It isn't that miraculous LRB system, so there's no real increase in potential ranges? I do "get" it, I just realized I really don't care for it. This is specifically for extremely high powered and high stress setups, not some revival of miraculous lost technology like I first thought. Unless I'm trying to churn out 3+ joules at 30+ RPS... yeah this has a very small market.

I seriously doubt that the price will be more than the cost of running upgraded internals for a year
Really depends on how cheaply you can recharge the gas, which I really don't know enough about gas systems to calculate. Also depends on the upgraded internals you're talking about and how well you has the parts installed and tuned. For anything less than extreme support weapons, this would be way more expensive.

So your support weapon AEG setups keep breaking, so you want something you can't possibly screw up? It isn't that miraculous LRB system, so there's no real increase in potential ranges? I do "get" it, I just realized I really don't care for it. This is specifically for extremely high powered and high stress setups, not some revival of miraculous lost technology like I first thought. Unless I'm trying to churn out 3+ joules at 30+ RPS... yeah this has a very small market.

There is an increase in potential ranges, coming from better consistency. Just because its not 300 ft effect range doesnt mean it isnt better than AEGs. Guess your pretty narrow-minded.

This is not specifically for high stress set ups....at all. While it would take up that role quite nicely, there are plenty of non-high stress setups that it could effectively replace. The norm is about 20 FPS at 400 FPS for an AEG. This isnt a high stress setup, yet many still have trouble with their AEGs that are tuned to this kind of performance. This could replace that has well.

Just because you don't want it doesnt mean it has a small market. Kinda conceited, wouldnt you say?

I think one of the problems he is having with this is the same kind of problem I have with this HPA set up. I've worked so very hard and put so much time and effort into my gun, not to mention all the money spent on it. It preforms beautifully, fantastically. I love it. It irks me that someone could go out, buy this drop in gearbox and bam, have a gun that can match mine, without near the amount of work that I just spent on my own gun.

There is more of a possibility of someone doing something stupid with it as well. Being able to drop in a gearbox that can handle 30rps at 550fps is just dangerous. I know there are a lot of people out there who go and buy the M170 springs and put them in their gearbox because they want the power, nice thing is, it usually breaks something so that it can't be used without further upgrading and modifications.

A lot of this depends on how much the unit will cost, I know it's selfish, but I don't want to see this catch on as I've already invested so much in my AEG.

In other news, it looks like most of the HPA mech is in the cylinder, and doesn't need much with the rest of the gearbox. Would it be possible to just have a drop in cylinder to replace the cylinder already in the gearbox. Of course you'd have to remove everything else inside the gearbox, but if you had the cylinder drop in, there is more likely that it can be used for the unique gearboxes.

I have an L85, which has a custom, long type gearbox. If this turns out to be such a great system I would be interested in buying what would be needed to drop into a gearbox to convert it into an HPA gearbox.

I think one of the problems he is having with this is the same kind of problem I have with this HPA set up. I've worked so very hard and put so much time and effort into my gun, not to mention all the money spent on it. It preforms beautifully, fantastically. I love it. It irks me that someone could go out, buy this drop in gearbox and bam, have a gun that can match mine, without near the amount of work that I just spent on my own gun.

There is more of a possibility of someone doing something stupid with it as well. Being able to drop in a gearbox that can handle 30rps at 550fps is just dangerous. I know there are a lot of people out there who go and buy the M170 springs and put them in their gearbox because they want the power, nice thing is, it usually breaks something so that it can't be used without further upgrading and modifications.

A lot of this depends on how much the unit will cost, I know it's selfish, but I don't want to see this catch on as I've already invested so much in my AEG.

I wouldn't worry about it the way you do...I highly doubt it will completely replace AEGs. As for it being able to catch up to your amazing AEG...well I see how that would suck, but you shouldnt wish against progress of the industry.

As for it being easy to do something stupid with, thats absolutely right.....any ideas anybody?

Edited by airsoft159

I wouldn't worry about it the way you do...I highly doubt it will completely replace AEGs. As for it being able to catch up to your amazing AEG...well I see how that would suck, but you shouldnt wish against progress of the industry.

As for it being easy to do something stupid with, thats absolutely right.....any ideas anybody?

Job of the field, not the manufacture.

Maybe a seal on the regulator?

Guest CheeseWiz

Hey Bnoji, any word on an estimated release date for this? Or a price estimate? Even if its really rough, I'd apprecieate having some windows to plan in.

Hey Bnoji, any word on an estimated release date for this? Or a price estimate? Even if its really rough, I'd apprecieate having some windows to plan in.

+834

EDIT

I have a designed layed out to build an AA12 that houses a V3 gearbox, but this would be MUCH MUCH MUCH better to have, and even easier....I am REALLY looking forward to a release date now.

Edited by airsoft159

There is an increase in potential ranges, coming from better consistency. Just because its not 300 ft effect range doesnt mean it isnt better than AEGs. Guess your pretty narrow-minded.

Narrow minded... or I initially thought this was a revival of what I know understand to be something else entirely. Call me when they start making LRBs again. That's the gas-gun related thing I want.

Also, there could be an increase from consistency, and if there is the advantage might be slighter than you think. Compared to a completely stock gun ... yeah, however, provided an AEG has everything sealed... well, it's pretty consistent too. It's freaking mechanical. The only inconsistencies are from airleaks and vibration. Airleaks are pretty easy to fix and test, and vibrations can be dampened. I've seen AEGs with as low as 1 FPS deviations. This system also uses a seal in it somewhere. I don't know where, but it has to. Same thing. This drop in uses the same hopup, so same seals there too. And then vibrations, I'm not sure how many moving parts are in there, or if one bears the full brunt like an AEG piston does, but vibrations aren't terribly difficult to dampen. Though I don't doubt this would generate less vibration simply due to fewer parts, the potential benefit may be slimmer than you think depending on what you're comparing to. I've no experience with gas, but I've done a lot of work with making AEGs more consistent. I think those of you who think it will be significantly more consistent haven't managed too much with AEGs.

But yeah, a slight increase in consistency would slightly bump up the effective range, and Vs AEGs around the same power they could be superior. The real benefit from this is the user friendliness. Cuts out a LOT of work. How low manufacturing costs can go will probably be the real determining factor as to whether it replaces the standard DMR build, but hey if benoji can manage it he'll get business from every rich Newbie entering the sport if it's at least more or less equally expensive.

There is more of a possibility of someone doing something stupid with it as well.
No kidding. There's going to be the DM's that get this because it works out to be better for them... and then the Newbies that just want an edge. Think of field regulations? What fields would ever allow this thing to even be used to full potential? What's the point of that kind of capability if no-one in their right mind would allow that many RPS at that kind of power? Benoji, if you could cut manufacturing costs with a model that has lower potential performance, do it. Like a semi-auto only model, though for all I know that's probably more expensive.

It irks me that someone could go out, buy this drop in gearbox and bam, have a gun that can match mine, without near the amount of work that I just spent on my own gun.
Oh yes that.

you show me an AEG that shoots 35 RPS <AT> 550 FPS that can survive 100,000 rounds and I'll buy one
You'll probably have to go to ASM to find one, but it's not impossible, just very very difficult and prone to exploding in your face. Edited by airborne101
Removed inflamatory remarks.

Guest CheeseWiz

I kinda got buried, but I'm sure everyone but Pvt. Derp agrees with me, so I'll post it again:

Can we get some rough estimates concerning price and release date? Adding a new one to my list of nagging questions, is there any specific HPA tank set-up you would reccomend for use with this system?

Narrow minded... or I initially thought this was a revival of what I know understand to be something else entirely. Call me when they start making LRBs again. That's the gas-gun related thing I want.

Also, there could be an increase from consistency, and if there is the advantage might be slighter than you think. Compared to a completely stock gun ... yeah, however, provided an AEG has everything sealed... well, it's pretty consistent too. It's freaking mechanical. The only inconsistencies are from airleaks and vibration. Airleaks are pretty easy to fix and test, and vibrations can be dampened. I've seen AEGs with as low as 1 FPS deviations. This system also uses a seal in it somewhere. I don't know where, but it has to. Same thing. This drop in uses the same hopup, so same seals there too. And then vibrations, I'm not sure how many moving parts are in there, or if one bears the full brunt like an AEG piston does, but vibrations aren't terribly difficult to dampen. Though I don't doubt this would generate less vibration simply due to fewer parts, the potential benefit may be slimmer than you think depending on what you're comparing to. I've no experience with gas, but I've done a lot of work with making AEGs more consistent. I think those of you who think it will be significantly more consistent haven't managed too much with AEGs.

But yeah, a slight increase in consistency would slightly bump up the effective range, and Vs AEGs around the same power they could be superior. The real benefit from this is the user friendliness. Cuts out a LOT of work. How low manufacturing costs can go will probably be the real determining factor as to whether it replaces the standard DMR build, but hey if benoji can manage it he'll get business from every rich Newbie entering the sport if it's at least more or less equally expensive.

No kidding. There's going to be the DM's that get this because it works out to be better for them... and then the Newbies that just want an edge. Think of field regulations? What fields would ever allow this thing to even be used to full potential? What's the point of that kind of capability if no-one in their right mind would allow that many RPS at that kind of power? Benoji, if you could cut manufacturing costs with a model that has lower potential performance, do it. Like a semi-auto only model, though for all I know that's probably more expensive.

Oh yes that. Also, sorry skag187, but that list of broken parts... really? Really? I don't know how you even managed to ... some of ... gah. The least I can say is you suck at everything electrical. That much I can say for sure.

You'll probably have to go to ASM to find one, but it's not impossible, just very very difficult and prone to exploding in your face.

You just really need to do some RESEARCH before you post things you think you know.

You can still get LRBs made but they do not work in anything but classics and need to have a 10mm OD while AEG barrels only have like a 7 or 8 mm OD. They AREN'T gas gun related. They ARE BV gun related. Two entirely different things.

This type of system will NOT catch on with new players. Trust me, they will look at it, ask how it works, and back off. I mean, most people posting here don't even know how to make their own air rig (no offense or anything- just saying). Its not extremely hard, but its not the easiest thing in the world when you know nothing about them. Also, a good air rig will cost you at least $150 (new) plus the price of CO2 Tanks ($20-$30 each) or HPA Tanks ($60-$100+ each). Unless you go Nikken Sherman which won't provide the performance of CO2/HPA.

Lastly, there is such a thing as tournament lock. But its not bnoji's job to worry about FPS regulations. I mean, you have all these NPASs and adjustable pressure valves for BASRs, this is no different.

Cheesewiz- CO2/HPA rigs are generally all the same. The best is generally a palmers regulator with a secondary regulator as well. I'm sure bnoji will explain them.

Edited by NinjaTurtle

Oh yes that. Also, sorry skag187, but that list of broken parts... really? Really? I don't know how you even managed to ... some of ... gah. The least I can say is you suck at everything electrical. That much I can say for sure.

You'll probably have to go to ASM to find one, but it's not impossible, just very very difficult and prone to exploding in your face.

okay you had to go and get personal (shame on you, it shows weakness of character)

second that list of parts (replaced NOT necessarily broken) goes for 2 guns the first of which since being finished shoots 575 <AT> 28 rps and has consumed over 50,000 at that level

the second gun shoots 400 <AT>38 its much newer, so hasn't eaten through more than 5 bags so far

I am simply letting you know that a COMPLETE/THOROUGH set of upgrades to reach those performance levels add up quickly

and as far as insulting my tuning abilities you again Sir make me chuckle

are you aware that the sport of paintball, has been using HPA driven systems in competitive regulated play for more than a decade? that all PB regs can/are equipped with "tournament lock-outs" making it impossible to alter the regulators output without the use of tools?

they even have stopwatch sized chrono's to spot check on fields

but then again, you did say that you thought that HPA fills would be too expensive ($1.00 per 1000 PSI)

and please, don't go around insulting the abilities, and skills of my ASM brothers (I spend waay more time there than here)

use the great google machine,

and just so you know I can routinely make a 320 foot shot on a 14 inch target with my AEG.

Edited by airborne101
Removed inflamtory/prevocative remarks

Star folder is pretty much right. This is getting very close to a flame war. Several of you need to cool it. Particularly Pvt. Derp and Skag187. Leave the personal attacks out of this and keep it about the system bonji started the thread on. If I see any more of this, warns will be handed out. Thread has also been cleaned of some inflammatory remarks.

Shout out to ASM, I learned almost everything from them :P

I've tuned my 480fps dmr to hit 250 ft pretty consistently. Problem is wind starts to snatch up the .3g BB's because they have bled off their forward momentum by that time. I could actually take it further in FPS up to around 550 and hit out further with the same .3gs But I backed off the power level because of the stress on the gearbox. This however would be amazing, I could push my dmr's power up or if I get the urge to go to a cqb site then I can just knock the power level back down.

No bulky batteries mean my rifle is lighter, and I can add an adjustable stock! The adjustable power level also means I can slash the barrel length down to 16 inches without worrying about power loss! This is the kind of innovation I've been wanting for a while simply because of its versatility! I could care less about carrying a small tank on my back if I have that capability. To me, the Marui man is dead XD

Guest CheeseWiz
This is the kind of innovation I've been wanting for a while simply because of its versatility! I could care less about carrying a small tank on my back if I have that capability.

Me as well, I'm already planning on changing my FPS regularly for different roles, 330 or 350 for CQB, 400 for when I want field assault, and 500 when I want to play as a DMR

That can be a serious problem too, you could easily put it over the field limit when you wanted too and if your adjusting it you could forget about it and tear someone up when you go to CQB.

Hopefully the field is checking, but this issue falls on the field owners to enforce their rules and you to be responsible, it's not something bnoji or P* would be responsible for.

In another thread I started there was a link to this sealant stuff used by paintballers on the same system, essentially you put it around your PSI adjustment knob and it would harden, and if you tampered with it it would crumble away, making it easy to spot people who chrono and then attept to change their fps.

We would all like to know. :a-wink:

Yes we would, so I'll ask it again:

BNOJI!! THE 3 QUESTIONS EVERYONE WANTS ANSWERED:

-Rough release date estimate? [a month? a few months? a year? years?]

-Rough price estimate? [$100-$200? $500-$700? $200-$400?]

-Recommended tank/regulators to use with the system?

"For those of you who were appalled at the idea of a 35rps 700fps gun, just know it was more of a tuning experiment than anything else although as a sniper rifle it is hard to match and has currently put down over 3000 rounds without so much as a hiccup."

see here

hes amazing

That can be a serious problem too, you could easily put it over the field limit when you wanted too and if your adjusting it you could forget about it and tear someone up when you go to CQB.

Well you see I have my own chrono, I was saying that when I go to an outdoor game I jack the fps up to the legal limit turn off auto and burst then play. Then say, the next day I'm going to a cqb game so I'll lower the fps to that fields legal limit. But as above, it does fall to the field to enforce proper fps rules.

Guest CheeseWiz
"For those of you who were appalled at the idea of a 35rps 700fps gun, just know it was more of a tuning experiment than anything else although as a sniper rifle it is hard to match and has currently put down over 3000 rounds without so much as a hiccup."

see here

hes amazing

Problem is that he's very unprofessional, trying to arrange a setup with him is like arguing with a teenager. Also, he submits no proof to back up his claims, and becomes angry when you ask for it. I get the feeling he put up a flashy website and got some friends to "verify" his setups on a forum and has never really done what he says he has.

Also, for the prices he quotes, I could draw my own HPA design and have it custom machined locally right before my eyes.

id love to see where you get the idea hes not good to deal with. ive been conversing with him for quite some time now, and hes very, VERY knoledgeable. hes answered every single crazy question I ask him, and fast too, into great detail. We have already set up what we are doing with my rifle and the costs, and explained to me how its going to work, VERY easily. Before you make a claim like that, know what you are talking about, because I CANT STAND people that don't know what they are talking about.

and I don't know what your talking about with the hpa design, he doesnt do that. did you even LOOK, at the site?

Guest CheeseWiz
id love to see where you get the idea hes not good to deal with. ive been conversing with him for quite some time now, and hes very, VERY knoledgeable. hes answered every single crazy question I ask him, and fast too, into great detail. We have already set up what we are doing with my rifle and the costs, and explained to me how its going to work, VERY easily. Before you make a claim like that, know what you are talking about, because I CANT STAND people that don't know what they are talking about.

and I don't know what your talking about with the hpa design, he doesnt do that. did you even LOOK, at the site?

I know from my own personal dealings with him, it seems like you're having a different experience than I did. and I mean total money cost of getting my gun to preform as though it had the HPA gearbox versus having the local machining shop build me a HPA gearbox. not the cost for him to make one, I'm well aware he doesn't do that.

I've moved the 3 nagging questions to my signature, hopefully bnoji will see them now!

Edited by CheeseWiz

ok, well all I can see here is some guy telling me (with no backup) that the guy I want to deal with is some teenager who doesnt know what hes doing and is hard to deal with. on the other hand, this guy is very knoledgeable, easy to talk to, fast, and we have come to an agreement on how the costs will work. I don't understand how you expect me to just somehow believe you. what did he do to you anyways?

btw: I am making my m4 at like ~380 fps at 25-30bps with a reliablility overhaul, which will include a guarantee long as its not the users fault. it will cost around $600, as he will be taking nearly every internal part out, battery, gearbox, re-wiring my gun, and many other external cosmetic changes as well for me such as getting my gearbox to fit the body correctly, getting my dust cover to work, changing pinions, etc. I would do it.

Guest CheeseWiz
ok, well all I can see here is some guy telling me (with no backup) that the guy I want to deal with is some teenager who doesnt know what hes doing and is hard to deal with. on the other hand, this guy is very knoledgeable, easy to talk to, fast, and we have come to an agreement on how the costs will work. I don't understand how you expect me to just somehow believe you. what did he do to you anyways?

btw: I am making my m4 at like ~380 fps at 25-30bps with a reliablility overhaul, which will include a guarantee long as its not the users fault. it will cost around $600, as he will be taking nearly every internal part out, battery, gearbox, re-wiring my gun, and many other external cosmetic changes as well for me such as getting my gearbox to fit the body correctly, getting my dust cover to work, changing pinions, etc. I would do it.

Like I said, it appears we're having a different experience, I'm happy for you. Let's jut leave it at that and avoid an internet fight that's completely off-topic anyway.

Bnoji, there's still the 3 nagging questions featured in my signature, anytime you could get answers to them we would appreciate it.

Like I said, it appears we're having a different experience, I'm happy for you. Let's jut leave it at that and avoid an internet fight that's completely off-topic anyway.

Bnoji, there's still the 3 nagging questions featured in my signature, anytime you could get answers to them we would appreciate it.

PM the codes you used for the color and font size. Ill make a direct copy to have the nag x2.

I really need to start planning.

A 2010 release is possible. An early 2011 release is more likely.

Too soon for price estimates.

Tank/Reg are preference as long as it can supply the required pressure range. Personally, I'm using a Palmers LP setup. AKA makes a nice high flow reg too.

Guest CheeseWiz
A 2010 release is possible. An early 2011 release is more likely.

Too soon for price estimates.

Tank/Reg are preference as long as it can supply the required pressure range. Personally, I'm using a Palmers LP setup. AKA makes a nice high flow reg too.

alright, I'll be following you man.

my airsoft season is basically september - april, if you could get it out in that time it would be aswome!

I can't speak for BNOJI, but I would assume the reason he doesn't have a final price estimate, would be that they probably only have built 1-4 prototypes as "proof of concept" and untill the design is final, and is blueprinted, there is no way to estimate final production cost.

so until the design stops changing, and a mass manufacturer is chosen there is no way of knowing