Dawg Bait

Tanaka Kar98's

Ok I think I found out the deffrence between the Tanaka Kar98 and the Tanaka Kar98 G-Version

From what I found is that the Tanaka Kar98 is modeled after the german built service guns, and the G- Version is the Yugo version of the Kar98. you can tell by the handgrip on the gun. on the german made the wood stops at the rear sight, the yugo version the handgrip goes to the recever. Theres a hole in the grip for the rear sight. I am not positive on this but from what I found thats my conclussion.

Ross

Good point...I think that sounds about right.

I have a Turkish 98, made in Germany...Im yet to compare it w/ a Yougo one.

How do the Airsoft versiond preform?

You sure its a Turkish 98 made in Germany, I have never heard taht one before.. it would be a turkish made one then of a turkish captured on if that ever happened.

If you don't know what a yugo made mauser looks like just go to www.mitchellsales.com and look for the Yugo M48 thats the yugo version of the kar98.

Ross

It was made in 1898, and is a full sized version, not the K model...

I am a collector. From my research on the real Kar98s is there theres really no diffrence between the Kar98 and Kar98k.. you have a Turkish made mauser that was built in 1898. My mauser was built in German between 1943 and 1945. I found a mark on my stock that people say that it was rebuilt in a consitration camp. So that really sucks.. but its my first mauser and will not be my last. I am looking for a all matching German issued Mauser right now, then I will be looking for a turkish made and all that..

Ross

Guest WehrmachtDAK

I have a Tanaka k98 G version comming in soon. I can let you guys know what the differences are if any from the german version. All the pics I have seen its identical..maybe the markings are different...I don't know. Probably be next week before I get it.

I have a Tanaka k98 G version comming in soon. I can let you guys know what the differences are if any from the german version. All the pics I have seen its identical..maybe the markings are different...I don't know. Probably be next week before I get it.

Show me pics when you get it.. I am heavy into the mauser rifles, I can tell easy..

Ross

Guest WehrmachtDAK

Got it monday (7th) its a perfect German copy, German markings with a 1943 date stamp. No differences at all. I think the "G" version may be just a newer batch of Tanaka k98s, and nothing more than that. If you have any more questions, just ask!

Guest WehrmachtDAK

It does indeed shoot as hard as people have said. Green gas is supposed to be around 560 fps with 20 grams, which is why I have been using 134a with 25 grams. The magazine is really well made, it will fire 2 whole mags before having to refill with more gas. So far everytime I have hit someone in a skirmish, its been a body shot. (which is right where I wanted it) Its super accurate!

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...ategory?menu1=4

has them in stock.

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=RFL&bid=TAN

has the g version in stock

http://www.wgcshop.com/

has the g version as well as the Marushin version.

http://www.gunsnguys.com/home_ie5_1024.htm

has it in stock.

I hate to revive an old thread, but I have another question, wehrmachtdak.  Judging from the magazine size, would you say it would fit in real ww2 pouches meant for the 98k stripper clips?

I would imagin (Spelling) So. they don't look bigger than a 8mm ammo on stripper clips.. you can always try.

Ross

Guest WehrmachtDAK

sorry for the late reply. but no the tanaka k98 mags wont fit in real or repro K98 pouches. :angry01: I know, makes me mad too...

Guys, the G-version just means it has an adjustable power bolt, nothing more...

it is still a replica of the german model

really? I got a g-version, can't say I ever heard or seen any of that power adjuster..

here's what my bolt looks like:

really? I got a g-version, can't say I ever heard or seen any of that power adjuster..

here's what my bolt looks like:

I have the origional Kar98 BUT I purchased a g-version bolt, and you regulate the power with it via gas flow restrictors that you screw into the copper tube that chambers the pellet. Do you perhaps have 3 small gold colored screws laying around?

I have the origional Kar98 BUT I purchased a g-version bolt, and you regulate the power with it via gas flow restrictors that you screw into the copper tube that chambers the pellet. Do you perhaps have 3 small gold colored screws laying around?

aha! so thats why there are threadings inside that copper tube!

and nope, didn't get any of those screws from the seller.

ill ask him if he still has them around somewhere, if not I'll just buy a g-version bolt to get the screws.

thanks for the help mate.

one more question, this part here:

WGCshop.com - Hidakaya Hammer Spring for Tanaka 98K

It says "250% Power up" but that can't be right, can it?

I guess it makes the hammer drop faster,

but is it a vital part for better performance?

Wait 3 weeks and I can tell ya. I plan on getting that as well as their o-ring mods.