anonimouse9

Opinion on gun color....

Ok, here's the deal.

I recently pre-purchased a black Magpul Masada. However I'm having second thoughts about the gun color as black is a little boring.

I'd like to start a decent load-out, beginning with my ACU uniform. (No comments about ACU please... it's what was available at the time, I bought decent quality, and not starting over).

I've considered painting the Masada to match an ACU pattern, but to be realistic... it'll never happen. (Lack of time, skill, and outright laziness).

The other colors it comes in:

- Black,

- Flat Dark Earth,

- Foliage Green

Then again, I have black mags and a black scope I'll probably be using with it.

Which do you think would match an ACU uniform better?

Which do you think would be an easier base to paint in ACU pattern?

Related question: What do you think about camo-wrap? It protects the gun from scratches while making it look the color I want.

inb4 Carbonfiberguy makes a comment about ACU

Here's what you should do, in my opinion. I used to run ACU's and this worked really well.

Paint a base layer OD, or Foliage Green if you can find it. I recommend Krylon Camo Fusion paints. Then, wrap the gun in a mesh hunting jacket, available at Wal-Mart, and spray paint the gun Tan. Let it dry, then take off the mesh. It looks really good next to ACU.

Related question: What do you think about camo-wrap? It protects the gun from scratches while making it look the color I want.

I say go for the camo-wrap, you can't screw up and you can take it off once you realize ACU doesn't belong on beautiful guns.

inb4 Carbonfiberguy makes a comment about ACU

First, it's Carbonfibreguy. Not carbonfiberguy, cabron, 'fiber, carbondioxide, or carbon reinforced plastic.

As for the camo, maybe you cold cut out some pieces of material from a BDU or something and cover it, so it'll be somewhat like this (except on a Masada, ACR, MW2 gun, whatever.) Either that, or just keep it black so it can still match other loadouts...

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...over_Desert.htm

Edited by carbonfibreguy