Sign in to follow this  
foppo

Breaking in Palmers Regs

Hello everyone!

I was wondering how LONG (how many shots) a Palmers Regulator (the 140$ version) takes to break in the regulator spring?

And what is the FPS-variance like, before it's regulator spring has broken in?

I've got one here but I'm getting really bad FPS measurements! Now I'm just wondering, if the regulator is the problem or my rifle?

Thank you for any useful answer!

By hand? seems a little 'stiff' for that... I mean, I can just compress it I tiny bit...

hi

sorry for my English

I have a palmers rock in my tanaka

I tell you that at first had difference between 15 to 20 fps.

told me that lingered around 500 or 1000 shots for best regulation

truth is not how many shots go, but is now between 3 and 5 fps

is very good.

Now you have to look out not to leak, on the thread end of palmers, you have no leaks? I had had a minimal but, put in a rubber seal the bottles with co2 or hpa, the same was awesome 0 leaks.

now in the replica, you have to do the checks as well, since a leak in the remote, or whatever, and also generates variations.

that is replicated?

greetings from Uruguay

On average you want between 500-1000 actuations to break in a regulator before it's finely tuned. 2000 is the max before there is no noticeable refinement. The amount needed depends on the type of spring used. Palmers use a standard spring pack instead of a heavy spring stack and sit at the lower end for break ins. Best way for a break in is to strap the reg to a cheap rental paintball marker and let fly. If you don't want to do that, attach a full sized Co2 tank and purchase an Compressed Air Blow Gun (see example link below) and just pump the trigger. The faster the spring gets worked out, the better. Heat from the compression of the spring will help normalize it.

http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/66-38...gun-641220.aspx

On average you want between 500-1000 actuations to break in a regulator before it's finely tuned. 2000 is the max before there is no noticeable refinement. The amount needed depends on the type of spring used. Palmers use a standard spring pack instead of a heavy spring stack and sit at the lower end for break ins. Best way for a break in is to strap the reg to a cheap rental paintball marker and let fly. If you don't want to do that, attach a full sized Co2 tank and purchase an Compressed Air Blow Gun (see example link below) and just pump the trigger. The faster the spring gets worked out, the better. Heat from the compression of the spring will help normalize it.

http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/66-38...gun-641220.aspx

Thanks for the replies!

I took the spring out of the regulator the other day and compressed it a few 100 times with a pinch tool. hope that helped... at the moment I can't test the difference, because my rifle is in repairs for the moment :a-wink: