to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Tobi-Kun

The REAL AtoZ SVD discussion thread.

(Mr. Support Gunner <AT> Sep 11 2010, 12:27 PM) *

Ehobbyasia has them in stock for $230.... as do many other websites.

QUOTE (Ion <AT> Sep 12 2010, 01:42 PM) *

Its a nice gun but being a Gen1 doesnt mean anything special for the A to Z.

These guns are not as rare as everyone thinks they are. Put up a WTB add on arnies if you really want one, because they really arent that hard to find.

Normally I would PM this information instead of being a censored2.gif, but I feel this should be a post because this should be known that its not super rare. I don't believe you paid anywhere close to $1500 for it either.

Secondly This Which is indeed the A to Z, the EXACT same gun as you have, the only difference is these handguards are plastic. You have a wood kit on yours and some small upgrades.

These are indeed beautiful pieces, one of the nicest guns I've used before, so don't get me wrong.

These are not real AtoZ SVDs, the real AtoZ were made by King Arms and G&P, this new version is not. Long story short it's a rip off.

A genuine AtoZ is very valuable, however I don't know anyone that would pay over $900 for one, unless it came with some crazy extras like 10 magazines, and some RS SVD gear.

QUOTE (aznriptide859 <AT> Sep 12 2010, 03:12 PM) *

Wasn't the KA/G&P one separate? I believe that one WAS $1.5k, but it was a gas blowback SVD.

QUOTE (Kavurcen <AT> Sep 12 2010, 03:31 PM) *

Yep, with no hopup. Tobi wrong about a sniper rifle? IMPOSSIBRU!

KA = G&P = GAS NO HOPUP

AtoZ = SPRING HOPUP

Kay?

QUOTE (Ion <AT> Sep 12 2010, 07:01 PM) *

Those listed on EHA are AtoZ SVDs. They are not rip offs. I've asked EHA about them, a reputable dealer would not sell knock offs.

G&P SVDs were GBBs made by G&P. Most people have come to the conclusion that they are converted Chinese NDM86s due to the finish quality and the tooling, and the trademarks on them.

Just to clear things up again for the buyers sake at least, lol.

G&P made/sold two different SVDs, one was Spring and the other Gas, because there were so few sold/made and even less advertisement rarely noone even knows they exist. The only difference between the G&P and the KA Spring SVD, was that the G&P came with a lower powered spring, otherwise it was the exact same gun.

You can email dentrinity and they can show you their G&P spring SVD, if they still have it in stock. In fact I just found it, and yes it is in stock:

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=9257 <--- I almost bought it....2 years ago)

look and be amazed^^^^^^^ :a-shocked::a-laugh:

No the ones sold from EHA and other HK dealers are not REAL AtoZ SVDs, they may be AtoZ, but they are now just cheap copies of their former glorious selves.

Discuss

Edited by Tobi-Kun

Note that that gnp is $400, not $1100. Who are you to say the new ones suck?

That it is, maybe some lucky guy will finally take this piece off DenTrinity's hands, after seeing this thread. :a-salute:

It is a real bargain if you ask me 10x better than the new one for only double the price.

I only say the new one sucks because they are not as good as the old ones(therefore to me they suck). Selling them at, at least half the price of the originals, some changes(I will bet not good changes) had to be made(time will most certainly tell).

Edited by Tobi-Kun

why would you pay $900 dollars for a spring svd when you can have the amazing real sword for about $400 cheaper?

I don't care how rare or how much of a collectors piece it is.

why would anyone pay even $400 for a spring one when the real sword is only $545 (cheapest ive seen it)

ive seen the ca svd and it costs more than the real sword but it doesnt even have real wood furniture. this I don't understand. who is out there buying a ca svd instead of a real sword for cheaper?

I saw the new atoz's on ehobby a week ago. they look like crap compared to the a&k

it just looked like an all plastic gun

the way I see it is that if you want a spring svd right now, go after an a&k

if you want an electric one go after the real sword. it has to be way better than the ca and is cheaper

I wouldnt even bother with a gas g&p one if it doesnt have a hop up. I mean what kind of sniper rifle doesnt have a hop up?? ...isnt that a pretty necessary thing for a sniper rile or a dmr to have?

Edited by Dusti69

Agreed. if you've ever held one of Real Sword's guns, you'll never think of your other airsoft AEGs as realistic ever again. They are so well made. Especially their SVD.

Color me purple. G&P did make a spring version.

And its in stock. Hm.

Quite intresting.

Thanks for link Tobi!

Also, I don't believe the G&P Gas version was ever made for skirmishing. I believe it was a collector's piece only. I believe there were some sucessful attempts at installing SCS's in them, similar to the ones in classic rifles.

Edited by Ion

Agreed. if you've ever held one of Real Sword's guns, you'll never think of your other airsoft AEGs as realistic ever again. They are so well made. Especially their SVD.

aw man, that is so 100% the truth. I got mine and don't need or care about most of my other guns now

it has a loud muzzle crack though. if you use an 11.1 lipo with the rs the cycling is faster making the gb make noise for less time and also happens at almost the same time as the muzzle crack. its like pe-crack

ok... I got the prices of the ca's wrong. its the scopeless package thats $430 but its fake wood!

not even crappy looking clone quality wood? ..c'mon man

the one that comes with a scope is $600. but still at these prices why would you choose the ca over the rs

mags between brands are all incompatible also. there isnt a single cheaper than $30 mag solution that I know of for the rs

Edited by Dusti69

it has a loud muzzle crack though. if you use an 11.1 lipo with the rs the cycling is faster making the gb make noise for less time and also happens at almost the same time as the muzzle crack. its like pe-crack

ok... I got the prices of the ca's wrong. its the scopeless package thats $430 but its fake wood!

not even crappy looking clone quality wood? ..c'mon man

the one that comes with a scope is $600. but still at these prices why would you choose the ca over the rs

mags between brands are all incompatible also. there isnt a single cheaper than $30 mag solution that I know of for the rs

What about recoil? :p But then again, those RS SVDs are so nice I could make an exception.

I had talked to DG about making a kit for a RS SVD. They said it was doable for $700+gun. But the wait is what got me. I don't want to wait 3 months for one to be completed.