Sign in to follow this  
Aznspartan

G&G Heavy Fluted Barrel

SO Got my heavy barrel and slapped it on. First off, part 91 is different, but it works, and some other things are different and I will update later. This is a rush post.

All questions and crap will be answered later, so feel free to ask.

dsc01649t.jpg

dsc01650m.jpg

dsc01651r.jpg

dsc01652n.jpg

Oh man, I kind of want to buy one of those now... :p

How much was it and where did you buy it? Also can you tell me exactly how much it weighs?

Oh man, I kind of want to buy one of those now... :p

How much was it and where did you buy it? Also can you tell me exactly how much it weighs?

I got it from redwolf because they were the only one with the fluted... cost me about $118, I got shipping and tax free.

Not sure how much it weighs, but the website should tell you. I just have to figure out how to hold it in place because its kinda free float right now, but nothing is holding to the stock :/. Any suggestions?

What exactly are the differences between G&G's part 91 and the stock one?

As for keeping the barrel more stable, you could try putting some foam in the space between the barrel and stock? Or try to attach the barrel stabiliser from the original barrel to the G&G one, which would again allow you to fasten it to the stock with a screw.

But the barrel isnt stable, and move if I swing my gun around meaning that the barrel will vary on shots.

Normally you would be the receiver and free float the barrel. In this case you should bed the barrel.

First determine if the receiver is well set and that the barrel isn't pushing it out of place in any way. If it is, you may have to remove some material from the channel where the barrel sits.

Next, pick up some bondo or other type of resin. You will need to apply a generous amount to the inside of the channel where the barrel rests.

With some tenstion clamps (or just bind it down with a dozen wraps of masking tape) bind the barrel down firmly into the channel. Check to make sure the receiver is still level with the barrel and nothing is being bent especially at the receiver/barrel junction. Work the action to make sure the point where the nozzle and inner barrel hopup meet is still smooth. Don't delay for too long. Some resins will cure faster than others.

Remove any excess resin from around the side where it will spill over and the front. Sculpt this down flat. Don't let it overlap the barrel. You may need to dig some out of the sides of the channel to prevent this. Let sit for a day.

Remove the barrel and receiver. If you have any overlap it may require some force to remove it.

The result is a bedded barrel that should not move from side to side.

If worse comes to worse and you can't bed the barrel for whatever reason....drill and tap a hole through the underside and mount a screw there.

Using a spray painted ACE bandage as a wrap will function as a cheap way to keep everything from moving if need be.

Edited by Brainplay

Using a spray painted ACE bandage as a wrap will function as a cheap way to keep everything from moving if need be.

it would make me happy if you told me you got that idea from me :a-grin:

I was also wondering about these free float barrels, thank you to all who cleared things up!

also, as another cheap fix, you could wrap electrical tape a few times around the barrel and body near the front, and that wouldn't look too bad I don't think

Pics

dsc01690a.th.jpg

dsc01690a.th.jpg

dsc01691i.th.jpg

dsc01693ec.th.jpg

dsc01694tu.th.jpg

dsc01695vc.th.jpg

dsc01697o.th.jpg

dsc01698wj.th.jpg

dsc01699f.th.jpg

dsc01703v.th.jpg

dsc01704b.th.jpg

dsc01706m.th.jpg

So if you are wondering, you have to hold part with a screw to keep it from spinning while you are screwing on the barrel.

dsc01707f.th.jpg

dsc01708lq.th.jpg

dsc01709od.th.jpg

dsc01711k.th.jpg

Can someone take a picture of theirs for me, I can figure out where that spring goes.

dsc01712de.th.jpg

Im thinking about attaching this to my new barrel so that it hold it to the stock, but im not sure...

Bigger pics here

http://img580.imageshack.us/g/dsc01690a.jpg/

Edited by Aznspartan

http://www.oemspace.co.uk/airsoft/TanakaM7...ice_upgrade.pdf

Ive been having the same issue, I forgot where to put the spring as well. Look through that guide. VERY helpful.

And Im jealous of your barrel, that would really complete my gun. Maybe eventually I'll get one. What size barrels do they house? 555/554mm?

650mm...lol

It does look a bit longer. Oh well, I guess I wont buy that barrel then. No point in getting that directly after gettin a pdi 555mm.

You find the picture on the guide? I actually just figured out a good way to install the spring on mine if you still need help.

behind the metal piece, in between the piece and the trigger. There is a little inlet where you can see the circular part of the spring goes.

I'll snap a good picture of it when I get a chance.

By the way, I've read there are CCW threads underneath the cap on the G&G barrel. Can you confirm this?

I installed my G&G Heavy Fluted Barrel today!

I must say it does give a more realistic feeling! (I shoot the Arctic Warfare in the belgian army and know what I am talking about)

I installed it on my Tanaka M700 AICS. No need for the connection piece in front of the stock between outer barrel and stock. If the outer barrel is fixed properly the hole upper part of your rifle (including receiver) becomes on solid block.

I installed my G&G Heavy Fluted Barrel today!

I must say it does give a more realistic feeling! (I shoot the Arctic Warfare in the belgian army and know what I am talking about)

I installed it on my Tanaka M700 AICS. No need for the connection piece in front of the stock between outer barrel and stock. If the outer barrel is fixed properly the hole upper part of your rifle (including receiver) becomes on solid block.

WHat kinda inner barrel do u have?

I want to get a 650mm edgi VSR cut, but I don't know what outer diameter I should get for it to fit this barrel.

WHat kinda inner barrel do u have?

I want to get a 650mm edgi VSR cut, but I don't know what outer diameter I should get for it to fit this barrel.

At the moment I have a MadBull Black Python 6,03mm barrel installed.

Not the best... but it's ok for its money.