Sign in to follow this  
Luftwaffe

Dear Diary..

September 16, 2010

Dear Diary,

This is my first time using you, so I'll try to be gentle. The purpose of this diary is to document and reflect upon my life as I live it, as well as to give people a better understanding of what it's like to be me, Romeo_Delta, the lulzy trool hiding behind a computer. I'm not going to describe what I look like because I already did that somewhere in the Tell Us Some More About You! thread. I'll pick up where my life is right now.

Monday September 13, 2010 I had my right eye operated on for the third time. Ever since I was born my right eye has been diagnosed as being lazy. Along with being lazy it's measured at about 20/40 (in whatever unit of measure those numbers mean), and because of this I've been left eye dominant for my entire life. I can see out of my right eye, but when I look around and focus on things I seem them with my left eye. Basically my left eye compensates for my right eye, and because of this my right eye becomes weaker and sits slightly inward. The surgery I had done Monday basically strengthened the muscles in that eye and realigned it to be straight with my left eye. Unfortunately the surgery did nothing to correct my vision. It's quite annoying. 3 days after surgery I'm recovering quite well. My eye is less itchy and irritated, and it's less painful to move my eye around than the days before. I hope to be able to go back to school next Monday.

In other news, as I sit here at home all week I find that it's nothing new. I don't spend time with friends outside of school, nor do I really spend time with friends during school. I think I have a problem where I feel more intelligent than the people around me about most things, and because of this I don't want to deal with their stupidity (even if I'm wrong). I've been pretty lonely most of my life, but I've come to enjoy the quietness. I believe that growing up like this has helped me academically in that I am better able to work and study by myself. The only downside is that society, which I feel is stupid and incompetent in general, looks at people like me and thinks we're emotionally unbalanced, weird, or similar false assumptions, and so when I eat lunch at a big table alone it makes ME feel awkward because it seems as though people are noticing me because I'm alone and thinking "What's wrong with that kid?", when the truth is nothing is wrong. I'm totally fine. I'm just not a people person.

That being said, I've never had a girlfriend. I've never really gone after a girl, though. I used to always think "Maybe next year will be different, maybe..", but no. Same :pain:, different year. Eventually it got to the point where I really didn't care and just focused completely on my school work. Now that I'm a senior and planning on joining the Air Force immediately after I graduate I see no reason to "invest" in a relationship since I'll be gone most of the time anyways. It's not fair to do that to someone.

Maybe after reading this some people understand why I act the way I do on here. It's because I can. It's fun to act like someone I'm not, even at the expense of annoying others. I think I owe part of that to 4Chan and /b/. I honestly appreciate what 4Chan did for me. Opened my eyes to the real world. Helped me understand that I can't live my life sheltered and stupid like most of society. Question the illogical aspects of society and wonder why they are what/how/why they are. Obviously 4Chan isn't going to help most people like that, but it helped me.

Well, that was interesting. Never opened up like that before. I think that's all I have for today, though.

TL;DR: Had eye survery Monday, never had a girlfriend, enjoying being alone, joining the Air Force.

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

Edited by Romeo_Delta

That was deep bro. I think it's stuff like this that can make ASF more like a family than a loose forum. I understand where you're coming from with feeling like people are stupid. I went to Columbus High, one of the best high schools in the state, and I was surprised at the lack of common sense that people have. I often found myself having to take too much time explaining things that shouldn't have to be explained.

I know what you mean about sometimes not feeling the need for people. I'm not a huge fan of talking if we're just doing so because we can. I'd rather have one good conversation a week than 5 in a day. I would also agree that there's nothing wrong with being by yourself, and I think its kind of annoying that nowadays anybody who sees someone sitting by themselves would think that there's automatically something wrong with them. I spend 8 hours a day sitting next to people that sometimes I don't even like, and at the end of the day I'd rather go home than hang out with them even more. But this thread isn't about me, so I'll wrap it up. My point was just that you're not the only one.

By the way, I think its great that you're going into the Air Force. Thank you to you, and to all else who do.

Edited by IHazLPEG

September 17, 2010

Dear Diary,

I'm pissed today. I was supposed to go to a Physical appointment, but my mom took a nap and rescheduled it three weeks away. THREE WEEKS! I've been waiting for this appointment for months, and she has to reschedule it three weeks away? I'm so pissed. I was planning on going to the recruiter's office after my Physical (providing I'm cancer free) and get the ball rolling. The recruiter hasn't been there the past two times I've went, but I bet he was there today when I didn't go. SO PISSED. I'm also bored. Being at home all week with nothing to do besides COD4 is boring. Can't wait to get back to school..

Side note: I've had oatmeal for breakfast for the past week. I'm tired of it and I want REAL cereal.

My eye is less red today, less itchy, but still feels weird to move it around. Not much else to say today. I'm hungry, so I'll leave it at that.

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

I never understood this obsession with Selena Gomez....until I saw her on TV today........ :D

I always just figure people suck and it's not a good idea to rely or expect any exact reaction at any given time. What does help is being there. I always felt like people ignored me when I talked until I was riding along with one of my mom's friend's who was talking to me about school, I think, and noticed that, while I was intently listening, I wasn't really showing it. I still feel a little off balance about talking to people, but it doesn't bother me as much. It's all trial and error.

September 19, 2010

Dear Diary,

Again, not much today. Had a sore back from yesterday's work and my eye is getting better still. I finally get to go back to school tomorrow and I can't say I'm disappointed. Being home for a whole week was kind of boring.

People have been asking about THE GIRL I've been trying to become a friend with. I sent her a message asking what I missed in class this week, and she told me. No side questions or discussion. I was slightly disappointed, but then I got a random message from her about enough room in her Nike bag for my stuff. I sent her a message back saying "Cool, where we going?". She replied laughing saying sorry and that it was meant for her boyfriend. Obviously I knew that.

Side note: I beat the game HAWX today. I can't say the game impressed me. Then again, I can never really say a game impressed me when I can beat it in a day.

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

September 20, 2010

Dear Diary,

Went to school today, though it was only for two classes since I have first and last block AUT. Surgery got me out of a Socratic discussion in Pop Culture, so that's nice, but I have quite a bit to make up in Digital Video, Web Design, and I'm assuming Art. I have to make up 3 tests as well as take a 4th tomorrow. My grades are currently all over the place because I've been gone for a week, but hopefully I can get them back up by Wednesday.

Also, apparently there's a Marshall's coming to my town, so I guess I'll try to apply there for a job in Shipping and Receiving. I've been trying to get a job for two years now.

Not much else to say.. I've been strongly considering selling my G&G CM to fund a used JG G36c that a guy is selling locally, but I'm not sure if I'll have the money to go through with the kit.

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

September 21, 2010

Dear Diary,

It's Tuesday, right? SWEET! NEW SONS OF ANARCHY TONIGHT! Anyways, nothing super special happening today. Apparently progress reports (grades) are coming out this week, and since I was gone all of last week most of my grades are poop. I made up like 4 test today, though. Felt kind of good.

Alright, so there's this fat socially awkward kid who sat at my lunch table last year. Apparently we're friends this year, and we just happen to have the same lunch schedule and share two classes (UGH! Why couldn't it be like this with THE GIRL?). Well, I come back to school with him telling me we have a test in A+ IT Essentials (computer tech class) today. I didn't have a study guide. I went and printed one and asked if he had his that I could copy (I let him copy mine last test). He said he didn't do a study guide because he knows it all already. Well, we get to class and the teacher is lecturing us for about 45 minutes and then lets us finish our study guides for another 30, then we'd take the test. About 10 minutes in to us working on our study guides the kid who thinks I'm his friend tells the teacher he didn't get a study guide, and the teacher calls him out on it because he had 3 classes last week where he had the chance to get one (apparently he's the only one who didn't get one, everyone else did, EVEN ME!). In the end he got a pretty low grade on the test, whereas I got a 95%. I literally lol'd when I finished. I showed him and he shrugged as if it was no big deal.

TL;DR: Bragging socially awkward fat kid who thinks he knows it all got showed up by me.

Got a post-op eye exam tomorrow morning. They'll most likely dilate my eyes, so no school. Also, job fair at the local Career Center and my dad and I are going to go together to apply for jobs at Marshall's.

That's about it.. Sons of Anarchy is coming on in 10 minutes and I can't be missing that.

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

September 22, 2010

Dear Diary,

So I went to my post-op eye appointment today. Doc says my eye is healing well and is slightly over corrected, but it will adjust in due time. I go back for another check-up in December. Next item on the list is a Physical I have scheduled for next month... If I'm cancer-free I'm going to hit up the Recruiter's office (providing the Air Force guy(s) are there).

Funny story of the day: My uncle asked me to help him attach a file in his email and send it to himself. I clicked the attach button and the file browser window popped up. Want to guess what folder it popped up in? That's right, my HERP DERP folder. "Woops...... don't mind that...." I said as I navigated to the correct folder with the file he wanted. He just laughed. I was real pro about it, though. Didn't freak out or change my tone of voice, and it didn't get awkward. Played it off real nice.

TL;DR: Uncle saw my pron stash on accident.

If you haven't already notice, I'm trying to make this a daily routine. Sorry to the other journals who might get knocked down once in a while.

Side note: According to Disney Channel this month is Hispanic Heritage Month, so you know what that means? That's right, SELENA GOMEZ APPRECIATION MONTH!

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

Edited by Romeo_Delta

Funny story of the day: My uncle asked me to help him attach a file in his email and send it to himself. I clicked the attach button and the file browser window popped up. Want to guess what folder it popped up in? That's right, my HERP DERP folder. "Woops...... don't mind that...." I said as I navigated to the correct folder with the file he wanted. He just laughed. I was real pro about it, though. Didn't freak out or change my tone of voice, and it didn't get awkward. Played it off real nice.

TL;DR: Uncle saw my pron stash on accident.

Pokerface.png

September 23, 2010

Dear Diary,

So my dad and I went to this job fair today to apply for Marshalls. My interview went fine, not perfect, but not terrible either. My interviewer said they're over staffing the store then filtering out the one's they want permanently, so I may or may not have a job in the near future. While my dad and I were filling out our applications these two ghetto girls were sitting next to my dad. They were being loud, obnoxious, and just plain rude. One of them was going on about if she should check the box about having prior felonies because she has a prior misdemeanor, and my dad tried to be nice and help her by telling her they're different, but she was really rude about it. "I know.... [sarcasm] ThAnKs I tHoUgHt ThEy WeRe ThE sAmE LoL [sarcasm]" she said. I tried to hard not to laugh, and I bet my dad was trying so hard not to punch her in the face.

If you haven't seen it already, I made a thread in the Off Topic section gauging interest from the community on an ASF-based Machinima made in Garry's Mod. Here's the thread. We need writers, voice actors, and in-game actors. If you're interested, post. If you have Garry's Mod, drop your Steam ID so I can add you.

Not much else going on today. Tomorrow's Friday, so hopefully I/we can really get a jump on the Machinima. I think it could really turn out to be quite hilarious.

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

October 10, 2010

Dear Diary,

My life hasn't been interesting enough lately to justify updating this on a day-by-day basis. I don't want to post "Oh, today was boring and nothing special happened." Mainly because that's rank posting, but also because I don't want to bump other people's journals down when I have nothing special to say.

Anyways, I finally got my Physical. It wasn't what I was expecting.. The doctor did a little tug here and tug there, then told me to cough. Didn't seem like he checked for cancer. I guess that's no big deal then because I assume the doctors at MEPS will do it. If they don't, then I need not worry at all. I had a meeting scheduled with the recruiter on Friday, but my mom rescheduled it to Wednesday morning because... well I don't know why. Regardless, I'm missing Art because of it and I can't complain. Definitely considering DEP.

I think that's all the news I have for now.. Will probably update this again Wednesday after I meet with the recruiter.

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

October 12, 2010

Dear Diary,

Today before school I got on Facebook and noticed a certain post on my wall made by someone whom I know, but am not really "friends" with. It said this: "begin each day like it was on purpose..." ~hitch

Now, for some reason, that statement got to me. It was in my head all day and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Well, today in Pop Culture our class of 50 people went to two computer labs to watch Sanford and Son and Good Times. Now, if you recall, the last time our class went to two computer labs THE GIRL (if you have seen my How to become a friend? thread you'll know who this is) went to the same lab as I did and sat next to me. We didn't speak, but it was a sign that I'm not a some weirdo who freaks her out (you'll know why I say this after you read the messages I sent to her). Anyways, again today the same thing happened. She went to the same lab as I did and she sat next to me. Today, however, was slightly different. She talked to me. "What did you get on your essay?" she asked. I swear my heart skipped a beat, but I played it cool. I told her my score, she inquired as to how I got it (I didn't do as well as I wanted), and I asked her what she got and she explained that she wrote her essay while watching It's Always Sunny. Short conversation, but a conversation nonetheless. It really felt good that she said something to me. "Begin each day like it was on purpose..." indeed.

I just send her a message on Facebook telling her thank you for talking to me because I don't really talk to anyone at school. Yeah, that's how good it made me feel.

On an unrelated note, we've decided which movies we're making in my Digital Video class. My new movie idea, Poker Face, a movie about high stakes underground Poker involving Lady GaGa and a couple other celebrities, was chosen as one of the movies to be made and I was pretty happy about it. My group members aren't too bad either, though I don't think the quality of the movie will be as high as I want it to be.

Not much else to say. Going to see the recruiter tomorrow morning, so that's something to look forward to.

Edit: I just realized that when I took my shower this morning I used some Axe body wash. I recall reading the directions and there was an image of a guy with two girls hanging on to him. Yeah, I'm using that again.

Edit 2:

Message I sent her: "Just wanted to say thanks for saying something to me today. I don't really talk to anyone at school and it was a nice change, even if it was only 5 minutes."

Message she sent me: "lol no problem"

Why does this make me has a sad?

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

Edited by Romeo_Delta

Edit 2:

Message I sent her: "Just wanted to say thanks for saying something to me today. I don't really talk to anyone at school and it was a nice change, even if it was only 5 minutes."

Message she sent me: "lol no problem"

Why does this make me has a sad?

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

I think that it might make you sad because to me, imho, it sounded like she thinks your are an antisocial child who freaks when someone talks to them. I am not insulting anyone, jusg saying my interpretation of this.

I think that it might make you sad because to me, imho, it sounded like she thinks your are an antisocial child who freaks when someone talks to them. I am not insulting anyone, jusg saying my interpretation of this.

Well, you hit the nail on the head. Wert, probably. I'm just too honest I guess. The next time we do a group activity I'm joining her group. She probably won't expect it, but spontaneous I will be.

Edited by Romeo_Delta

October 13, 2010

Dear Diary,

WENT TO THE RECRUITER TODAY! YOU BET I DID! I REALLY DID! It was pretty nice. I was there for two hours and completely got out of Art. Sweet. So the recruiter didn't tell me anything new about Security Forces that I didn't already know (besides the Ravens, which is some sort of advanced assortment of Security Forces). However, I did learn a couple things.

1. I earn college credit hours the entire time I'm training. I was completely unaware of this. The recruiter said that by the end of all my training I'll be about 3/4 the way to an Associates. That sounds great because, honestly, I've never put serious consideration into getting any kind of degree, but since I'm going to be that far already, why not stick it out to the end?

2. Dual retirement. For some reason I never thought of this, but if for some reason I get tired of being Security Forces and there's no other job I want to cross train into, I have the opportunity to go into the Reserves, become, say, a cop in the civilian sector and do that until retirement. By the time I retire as a cop my time in the reserves has gotten me at least 20 years of service, which means military retirement package along with the one from being a cop.

I took a practice ASVAB while I was there. Scored a 74. I know the grading scale is no the same as at school, but 74 definitely doesn't sound great to me. The recruiter said even a 65 is good, so whatever. The math is what tripped me up, but he said I aced the English. I'm hopefully going to take my real ASVAB sometime next week as long as I can get a ride to the place where I have to take it (it's out of town). I'm starting to fill out packets and all that good stuff, but I won't be getting an actual job assignment until January or February. Yes, I know, make sure I get it in my contract.

On an unrelated topic, today at school I decided to get something from the vending machine. I wanted Skittles, but there were none. I was disappoint. There was nothing else that looked too great, but I decided to get some BK Cheese Fries anyways. I put my dollar in, punch in the code, and wait. At first I was scared that the bag got stuck and I was going to lose my dollar, but then the coil kept turning and it popped out TWO bags. That's right, doubles. Check 'em.

On yet another unrelated note, THE GIRL was on Facebook today via computer instead of her phone, which meant I could actually talk to her. It started out slow at first, but after someone in ASF Chat told me to talk to her like she had a penor everything went smooth. However, we did hit that point in a conversation where nothing was said for a long period of time. When I finally thought of something to say that would spark a conversation she went offline. Yep, just my luck. Well, we share a class tomorrow so maybe something will happen then.

Note to self: USE AXE BODY WASH IN THE SHOWER BEFORE SCHOOL

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg

AXE is gross... Don't do it. All it says is that you're a loser; the people who use axe are mostly conceited jerks. Girls don't like the smell, either.

This realy depends on the scent, I know girls that will go mad over the stuff for one scent, and run in the other direction for other scents, its a 50-50 shot that she'll like it.

November 2, 2010

Dear Diary,

I don't feel like writing paragraphs today, so I'll just make a list:

1. THE GIRL changed her religious view on Facebook today to Agnostic. I liked this.

2. THE GIRL changed her relationship status on Facebook today to single. This pleased me, but my hopes are no higher than before. I'm not "in" enough to make a move.

3. My headset is starting to break. I lost my left channel. FRUSTRATING MONO AUDIO IS FRUSTRATING

4. I ordered a new case and power supply unit over the weekend. $119 shipped for both. Love it. They're coming Thursday.

5. I'm hopefully going to be ordering an nVidia GTX 460 by the end of the week provided this guy buys my SCAR and some other stuff.

Life isn't too exciting lately. Just been saving up and gawking at the computer parts I want to buy.

Sincerely,

troolface.jpg