to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
admin

The Biggest Secret on losing Weight

there are lots of methods, procedures and tricks to losing weight and in fact,

many authors, doctors and nutritionists still don't seem to really have a clue

on how to provide a fool proof method for someone to actually lose weight...

There are as many "diets" out there as you can possibly count.

All of the so called "experts" seem to "have the best new trick"

or solution on how to lose weight from South Beach to See Food (pun intended).

And our society is still very confused on how to actually lose weight or find a diet plan that actually works.

You ready for the huge secret that seems to be encrypted in every so-called diet plan?

A. burn more calories than you ingest.

B. eat a regular "healthy diet".

C. try to find some sort of activity so you're not sitting around all day everyday.

That's basically it.

People's eating habits suck.

No one seems to know how or what to eat to be healthy. If you ask me - I say don't eat any animal products, but that's another huge topic / debate. Another huge problem is that people don't know when or how much to eat. You need to be eating many light meals through out the day - not 2 or 3 heavy ones. If you condition your body that you will feed it on a regular basis, it will begin to burn fat instead of store it (provided you're not ingesting more calories than you burn in a day). Many people falsely believe that if they try and starve themselves, then they will lose weight that way... first of all this is very dangerous and second, when you "starve yourself" or do not eat on a regular basis - your body goes into protection mode and will actually store fat and burn muscle instead.

"Going to the Gym" is another falsely assumed method to "lose weight" because if you don't know what you're doing - you can actually add muscle and literally add weight instead of losing it (believe it or not) because muscle is heavier than fat.

And lastly - sitting around all day on the computer every day is generally not very healthy physically so you need to find something to do on a regular basis that doesn't involve sitting around doing nothing. Going for regular walks, jogs, participating in local airsoft events - just about anything physical just so long as it gets your heart rate up and you do this on a regular basis.

You can not fool, trick or lie to your body - it knows when you're serious and when you're not. it also knows when you half-:censored2: an attempt at losing weight. you need to develop a plan and stick to it long term or at least 90 days.

Obviously this is a huge and vast subject, but I just wanted to lay out the basic secret to losing weight as I understand it.

I kinda disagree on the thing about muscle instead of fat, as most people would probably rather be 200 pounds of muscle then 200 pounds of fat.

you can add muscle with out losing fat if you do it wrong.

One thing that's helped me keep weight off: fiber like a mofo'. Eat lots of leafy greens and carrots; they're full of fiber.

I'm also pretty hardcore about my fiber regimen. I take three Benefiber chewables as a snack at 10:00 AM, I have a fiber drink mix packet in my water with lunch, and I take six psyllium fiber capsules with lunch or dinner. I also tend to buy Fiber One, Total - any whole grain cereal that's got fiber.

I got myself down from 207 to 189 after a regular gym regimen (cardio, weight, cardio) and I've stayed at 189 since March. The only downside is that all that fiber is pricey, but the $20-$30 I spend on average per month on fiber is just about what I paid for the gym.

It also has the benefit of helping reduce your cholesterol if you keep an eye on your red meats and fats, keeping your digestive system clean and regular and all kinds of other good stuff. It's not a cure-all and it is definitely not a weight-loss regimen, but it's helped me keep my ideal weight for my height without going to the gym for a while.

WOW - I can't believe that this thread is on this forum.

It's easy to lose weight ----> use more calories than you ingest.

Want a sure fire way to lose weight?

Use a STAIRMILL for 1 hour straight, 3 days a week.

Doing that, you can eat your normal diet and still lose weight.

The lowest setting, for 1 hour is the height of the Empire State building.

I dated a girl who would use it for an hour on the highest setting.

I warn you, 1 hour even on low will bring you to your freaking knees, make you sweat like you jumped in a pool, and crush your soul.

But it will make the fat disappear, FAST.

Well heres a way I lost about 15 pounds in about 1 month all I did was eat less than 20 carbs a day for about a month now just because I said under 20 carbs a day doesnt mean you can pig out and eat a crapload of carb free foods you still gotta stay under about 2500 calories the first 1 - 2 weeks is terrible but it gets better and one thing about this diet I was on is once you get off of it.

its kinda like you don't have as big of an apetite and you don't eat as much ive been off the diet for almost 2 - 3 months now and I havent gained a single pound and my metabolism isnt very high either.

the results are not going to be the same for everyone but they should be "similar" I didnt even exercise either I sat around and play CoD all day this diet is not recommended for more than about 6 weeks because you can start to get health problems from not enough carbs

I don't know if this diet will work for you but it worked for me and my 36 year old father

edit: I weighed 170 and now weigh 155 and I feel soooo much better and my dad has a higher metabolism and he weighed 200 and now weigh 180 and hes off the diet too but somehow hes actually still losing a little bit of weight here and there

Edited by sora4502

Guest danimal94

I lost about 40 pounds myself, I used to be 5'8" and 180lbs, now I am 5'10" and 140lbs.

What I did was simple, first I got a gym membership and I started spending less time on the computer/video games, and more time doing stuff.

second, I made my bicycle my main mode of transportation. I put 150-200 miles on my bike each weekend.

third, I cut out all crap foods. I ate alot of yogurt, fruit, vegitables, and meat. I also used protein shakes just to help rebuild muscle loss from working out.

and now I am a pretty lean kid, I used to be alot bigger. I feel so much better now too, it was worth every bit of it.

I've been turding around 125 for the last few years. Signed on at the YMCA to use their gym and try to keep my calories under 2,000. I don't really like being skinny, but it makes pull-ups really easy and getting under cars is a cinch.

Edit: This is a story I found awhile back about a professor who ate twinkies for a whole month (With some vegetables for fiber and things Twinkies won't give you). He gained no weight and claims to have felt great.

Edited by Automobilie

Losing weight means doing exercises (whatever type as long as you sweat it out) and eating less than you normally used to. Avoiding high-fat foods and carbs will help. If you want to build muscles, aim for strength training exercises. But if you just want to shed off pounds, even jogging for 2 or 3 kilometers a day will do.

That's because they burn many thousands more calories than the average person each day. And a lot of them do it through means that involve the tearing and rebuilding of muscles, which in turn requires them to intake a lot of protein to rebuild those muscles.

Just eating ten steaks a day will get you fat. Protein is used by the body to rebuild muscles and as a secondary energy source. What do you think happens when you have too much? Not to mention that's a hell of a lot of red meat per day. 10 4oz steaks isn't an absurd amount of protein, it would be under 300g. I personally eat between 200g and 250g a day, with my first meal being at least 150g alone. That being said I have been lifting for years.

Don't do something cause you see other people do it. Just cause pro athletes do it doesn't make it a good thing to do.

My Ipoinin is stop counting calories and start eating healthy!Do you know that at McDonald's they put yoga mass in there hamburgers!Go to your Local whole foods and ask a Asisant how to start losing weight.Start going Organic and Non-GMO and start doing kale smoothies in the morning before going to work/school.Also start burst training!Very good way to lose weight.

Start trying to take sugar out of your diet and try natural sweeteners like honey and stevia.

You know all the cereals like captain crunch and coa-coa puffs,they tried to get you not to read the label and they say it has this much fiber.They load that stuff up with super refined sugar,high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavoring.

Here is a website where you can learn more.

www.DreAxe.com

That's not a tip at all. everyone knows it. even this article is more useful

Simply because they are common knowledge for most, these are still very good tips for those attempting to loose weight.

Unfortunately, most individuals attempting to loose weight often to not partake in any of these activities. Self control and self discipline are both very difficult to condition into an individual who has grown up without either. Metabolism is also a major factor for most when attempting to loose wight. The strength of one's metabolism can alter one's required exercising and eating habits drastically. There are a number of factors that interact with the ease of weight loss, but the most important are the three that "Admin" referred to: "burn more calories than you ingest, eat a regular "healthy diet", try to find some sort of activity so you're not sitting around all day everyday."

Another tip to everyday equilibrium [that everyone has heard] is to drink plenty of hydrating fluids, more specifically ones that do not contain excessive amounts of sugar, caffeine, or artificial ingredients. It is more than common than not, that the average individual (in the US) mistakes dehydration and thirst for hunger. By simply drinking more water, one will be more likely to reduce the amount of food he/she eats per meal.

Edited by Colonel Wood

In the 20+ years of my training, I've found the biggest key to losing, and keeping weight off or muscle on is consistency. I always tell my students,

"your speed, your strength, your quickness, your drive do not impress me. Be here, doing this 20 years from now. That will impress me!"