to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Automobilie

I think airsoft is more expensive than paintball.....

How much have you spent on.....  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Airsoft

• 0-200
    • 200-400
    • 400-600
    • 600-800
    • 800-1500
    • 1500-2500
    • 2500+
  2. 2. Paintball (This would include friend's if you don't actually have paintball gear)

• 0-200
    • 200-400
    • 400-600
    • 600-800
    • 800-1500
    • 1500-2500
    • 2500+

Usually, one of the most popular airsoft vs. paintball arguments is that airsoft is much cheaper. Sure ammo is cheaper, batteries are rechargeable, and the guns are generally less expensive or about the same, but I've realized I'm sitting on $1500 worth of equipment!

As far as paintball goes...about $300-400.

So what have you put into the two

Edited by Automobilie

Guest Dodge

Well, generally speaking, its not how much you will spend overtime, its how much it takes to get started. In that respect, airsoft is cheaper than paintball, and that's mainly the subject of the Painball Vs. Airsoft debates.

I think airsoft is so much cheap than paintball. At the beginning you have to spend so much money with your equipment. But, with a few money you can play the times you want, 'cause you only need a gun and a the clothes (t-shirt, trousers and boots with camouflage). With 150 euro you can play :D

The hard is the beginning

Airsoft isn't more expensive; it's just easier to spend more. If you have self discipline and don't blow every paycheck/allowance/birthday check from grandparents on a $1000 rifle, then it's easy to airsoft for cheap.

Kav's $100 Opfor:

- Refurb/used/easy fix Boneyard CYMA AK/JG MP5/G36/M4, etc. - $50-150

- spare battery - $15

- spare mag - $10

- Chicom chest rig- $15

- Old shirt (best in black, gray or navy blue), pair of jeans or pants (preferably khaki) - free

- Shemagh (optional but encouraged, white and red) - $10

"Expensive" means there's a high baseline price... that's not the case, it's the $1100 VFC rifles and $1500 Eagle loadouts that the cost comes from... And that's hyperbole, if you're dropping $500 on a highend rifle and going with Pantac gear it's still going to be expensive.

Basically, airsoft costs as much as you can limit yourself to spending.

well im spending 200-250 on airsoft to get into it, and on paintball ive spent 300 for all my gear, airsoft includes 8k bb's and if I include paint prices for paintball, I would saay, like 500 total, so starting with a decent paintball setup is going to be, 300 on average, just for a nice set if not used gear for beginners, for airsoft I would say the bare minimums, for me was, average 175-200

Airsoft 5000 bbs 12.00 .0024/shot

Paintball 2000bbs 36.00 .018/shot 7.5x the cost per round.

Plus CO2 or HPA

Upper level Airsoft gun ex. KWA-375.00

Upper level Paintball marker Dye Matrix 800+

Sure you can get more expensive airsoft guns but you cant get a top quality paintball gun for under 800.00 new. And like em or not KWA's are considered top quality.

You see a lot more Dye NT's and Egos and Angels at a paintball field than you do Real Swords and Systema's at an airsoft field.

I can outfit someone with Camo, a vest, arena flakjaks, a battery, charger, and A KWA SR10 for under 600.00

A comparable paintball jersey, pants, pads, mask, pods, hopper, and good marker are over 1000.00

And don't talk about tipmanns and spyders, those are like using lpegs.

Plus CO2 or HPA

Sure you can get more expensive airsoft guns but you cant get a top quality paintball gun for under 800.00 new. And like em or not KWA's are considered top quality.

You see a lot more Dye NT's and Egos and Angels at a paintball field than you do Real Swords and Systema's at an airsoft field.

I can outfit someone with Camo, a vest, arena flakjaks, a battery, charger, and A KWA SR10 for under 600.00

A comparable paintball jersey, pants, pads, mask, pods, hopper, and good marker are over 1000.00

And don't talk about tipmanns and spyders, those are like using lpegs.

actually the most you need to spend for a nice quality paintball marker is at max 500-600, anything above that is just for fancy extras

I think this poll may be more useful if also posted elsewhere. I don't think many paint ballers will ever see this.

Yeah, I just realized that....it'd be fine with me if the poll was deleted, but I guess it's getting some use.....

I've spent around $15,000- $20,000. Including ammo, repairs, gear, field entry fee, and the countless springers.

Heck 2 or 3 of my guns added up to 1K alone.

M82A1- $1,500

B.A.R.- $1,250

SVD- $800

PSG-1- $600

Well, generally speaking, its not how much you will spend overtime, its how much it takes to get started. In that respect, airsoft is cheaper than paintball, and that's mainly the subject of the Painball Vs. Airsoft debates.

Well put. Overall im sure they come to the same general area, but I definitely agree that you can "play" airsoft for way less than paintball.

Plus CO2 or HPA

Again good points. There are rifles and markers out there that run higher in price, however of all the times I ever paintballed there was always that guy with an angel or something just going nuts on those of us who had out little tippmans or whatever. Airsoft however a jg M4 outta the box can put rounds down fairly effectively giving those who don't have $800 just laying around a fair chance.

Also I can play a whole day on a 5000 round bottle for ~$20 at a regulated field. Paintball here requires that you use their paint and accordingly they charge outrageous prices.

Locally the paintball fields charge a 20 dollar field fee which includes 500 rounds. An additional 500 rounds cost $20....

My situation is that I played paintball when I couldn't afford it / couldn't purchase things myself.

I played paintball when I was 12 - 15, the only way I could purchase anything was through my parents. So after I got my marker and gear through months of chores around the house, that was basically it - no upgrading / better gear unless I did more chores. Plus I rarely had the money to even play.

I started airsoft when I was 16, but I didn't really get into it until about late 17 when my parents allowed me to have a check card with full control over it. Of course it was all my own money and with it came where I am now with airsoft. I'm sure that if I had this same privilege when I played paintball, I would have done the same.

The thing that offsets me the most from paintball is the amount of money it takes to even play. Say you give a new airsofter a JG M4 and a new paintball player a similarly priced marker OR a guy with his Systema PTW and gear compared to a guy with his Planet Eclipse Ego and gear. When they actually go out to play, the airsofter will probably pay around $10-20 field fee, then if he must buy BBs - another $10. Whereas the paintballer will pay the $10-20 field fee, $5 air fee, then the infamous $40-60 for a box of paint.

Yes, airsoft can be just as expensive if you're serious about it, but it's like that with any sport or hobby. Where airsoft excels is the cost of actually playing.

guys think about it this way, your asking people on an airsoft forum not paintball, of course people are going to spend more on airsoft

yes paintball I would say is more expensive

*bullets(airsoft wins)

airsoft-generally $12- 5000

paintball-$20 500

*guns (tie)

I feel this is mixed unless you play with a stock airsoft gun, then paintball guns can be more expensive depending on quality

*equipment (tie)

I would say airsoft equipment cost more, then again they sell paintball pants alone for 100 dollars

*Power source (airsoft wins)

airsoft can be recharged or spring, co2 paintball guns make you pay to refill tanks

*Fees (airsoft wins)

Depends where you play

if its paintball you must play on a field, legally

if its airsoft, yes you can play on fields, but you can also play in forests where no civilians are.

In conclusion, I think this sums it up pretty good

airsoft wins 4-2

Either game can be as cheap as you want it to be. But, airsoft can be a lot cheaper. I usually use a JG/Cybergun SIG 552 that I got for 60$ used, shipped. Then I found 4 mags for 25$ shipped(2 mag mids 2 tm lows, and kapowwe has 3 hi caps for 20$). Then 10-20$ a day to get on a field. and a 15$ bag of BBs that lasts 2-3 visits to my local field.

Edited by mrquackbunny

the ones who make it expensive are the ones who buy the $250+ guns and gear. to get started:

$140-150 for a gun(G&G or Matrix)

$15-20 for a used good battery and charger on the forums

and $20 for 10,000 .20s

so between $180-220 you'll have a decent rifle, mag, battery and plenty of bbs to get you thru a couple games.

anyone got paintball prices for a gun and BBs?

This thread doesn't hold much water on an airsoft website -.- go over to a paintball forum and start this and you'll see people spend a LOT more money on paintball, often dropping over a grand on each gun (of which my friend that's into paintball has 5 of)