60 members have voted

1. 1. The brand

• ICS
    • KWA
    • Tokyo Marui
    • Magpul
    • G&G
    • Other (Please specify)

I'm making plans for my next gun, and I was wondering what the forum thought about the best gun brand to upgrade. Not best outright but once you upgrade internals/externals. I will go either way in upgrades.

Edited by hmg9194

None. Needs more options.

Even then, the externals don't really matter since many people just buy aftermarket metal bodies for M4s and M16s, MP5s, and others, so...

I put an "other option" for a reason :a-skeptical:

I'd say about any decent external bodied clone. They costs half as much and since you're already planning on replacing parts there's no sense in paying for them.

I'd say about any decent external bodied clone. They costs half as much and since you're already planning on replacing parts there's no sense in paying for them.

Yah thats what I thought but just overall quality of other things that can't be easily upgraded (or aren't usually upgraded) like screws and just little stuff like that. Outer barrel maybe. So ICS is a good option? Can their split gearboxes be upgraded for running a higher speed setup around 25 rps at a little below 400 fps? Also why are TM guns so expensive if they are not well performing and have plastic body parts?

Yah thats what I thought but just overall quality of other things that can't be easily upgraded (or aren't usually upgraded) like screws and just little stuff like that. Outer barrel maybe. So ICS is a good option? Can their split gearboxes be upgraded for running a higher speed setup around 25 rps at a little below 400 fps? Also why are TM guns so expensive if they are not well performing and have plastic body parts?

Yes, ICS can take that no problem.

Yes, ICS can take that no problem.

Ok. Let me ask this. KWA M4 + external upgrades or ICS M4 + external upgrades and some internal upgrades?

Or a different brand with a different outline of upgrades?

Edited by hmg9194

I would go with a KWA simply because internally they are a tank, and externals are pretty good as well.

yah.. But I heard other things don't work well if replaced inside... Plus I like the idea of the split gearbox. But my question is.. Is pretty much everything compatible with the ics m4 line? Meaning internals and externals. Also what are the differences between these 3 m4's besides the obvious. (S&W Trademarks and plastic lower and upper receiver)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6633

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6801

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6793

I am not going to go with a TM since I am not made of money and almost everything needs to be replaced.

The difference is mainly the motor and wires, sometimes the piston, spring guide, and gearbox shell.

So its worth it getting the metal version? I am planning on upgrading the body to an aftermarket one but if I get that S&W version I will probably just leave it if the quality is good so that would be a plus. What do you think jaxer as far as the best gun to upgrade (M4 in this case)

I'm making plans for my next gun, and I was wondering what the forum thought about the best gun brand to upgrade. Not best outright but once you upgrade internals/externals. I will go either way in upgrades.

I would go with a G&P, internals are cheaper than externals, the air seal is already near perfect, already has a great motor, and is already wired to deans. Replace gears, piston/head and your ready to go (im actually considering doing this for my next project.

So its worth it getting the metal version? I am planning on upgrading the body to an aftermarket one but if I get that S&W version I will probably just leave it if the quality is good so that would be a plus. What do you think jaxer as far as the best gun to upgrade (M4 in this case)

For an M4..... It depends... You could get a gun with good internals and upgrade the externals, or get one with nice externals and upgrade the internals.

I would just get a JG 2010 Full Metal Enhanced. The externals are more then enough, and the internals are great as well. Great gun to upgrade M4 wise.

For an M4..... It depends... You could get a gun with good internals and upgrade the externals, or get one with nice externals and upgrade the internals.

I would just get a JG 2010 Full Metal Enhanced. The externals are more then enough, and the internals are great as well. Great gun to upgrade M4 wise.

Yaah I think for now I've decided to just stay with my s system and not get a second m4, but instead THIS :DD http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6510

Think you can do work on that jaxer? Or does I even need it haha. Will be using it as a semi auto only (unless I NEED auto in an instance) and I need long range. Think you'll be able to get it hitting targets above 200'?

Come on, what about G&G. G&Gs gotta be one of the best brands that does a great job on everything, but doesn't overdue it. A G&G will preform descent stock and doesn't use cheep Chinese pot metal and plastic. Lots of people use G&G stock products as upgrades for the JGs and ICSs.

Come on, what about G&G. G&Gs gotta be one of the best brands that does a great job on everything, but doesn't overdue it. A G&G will preform descent stock and doesn't use cheep Chinese pot metal and plastic. Lots of people use G&G stock products as upgrades for the JGs and ICSs.

Just because lots of people use them, doesn't mean they aren't idiots for doing so. G&G has the "good enough" philosophy when it comes to their internal quality. If you want to make a build more strenuous than an M120, then you're gonna be replacing more than a few parts in the G&G. Their price comes from quality control, not internal strength.

BTW, JG internals are solid and can take a lot more abuse than a G&G if properly tuned.

Easiest to find parts for upgradeable brand - Tokyo Marui.

Fastest/easiest to work on upgradeable brand - ICS.

Best brand stock (not including Systema) - KWA.

-Runner

G&P anyone? IMO you can't beat their externals and I personally love their reinforced 8mm GB shells. Most people end up buying G&P as their upgraded MBK anyways so why not tar with high quality externals that and a gearbox that takes upgrades amazingly? Find one used and its comparable price.

JG works as well and their internals are good, in fact I use their gears, but I am not a fan of their externals. They feel cheap after holding the high end brands.

Definitely G&P. Solid internals (besides gears) to start with, and (IMO) THE BEST metal bodies available. Just revamp a G&P gear box and you've got an amazing gun. JG's are also really good to upgrade because they start WAAAAY cheaper than a G&P and have some of the strongest stock gear/motor setups in airsoft. I just really like G&P bodies haha.

Put it this way, internally any gun minus kwa can be made the same, I would go with the best external looking, trades, whobble, metal used and when you put it that way you cannot beat g&p! Not to mention their gb shell is a reinforced 8mm ball bearing and very good. Only thing youd need to change ismthe spur gear cause its shaft is weak. This way you don't have to worry about compatibility issues with front and rear assembly fitting to a new body.