Sign in to follow this  
ljpairsoft

best sniper setup?

I have about $400 to spend on a new sniper and upgrade and I already have a scope. I want a good and acurate sniper but Im not sure what to get.... Any help?

What exactly do you want? is the 400 for gun+upgrades, or gun only?

Define "good and accurate".

Also, is this your first gun? if so get an AEG first.

What exactly do you want? is the 400 for gun+upgrades, or gun only?

Define "good and accurate".

Also, is this your first gun? if so get an AEG first.

This is not my first gun and I have a JG sr-25 and the $400 is for gun and upgrades.

Instead of good and accurate I should have said reliable, strong and accurate. Hope that clears stuff up.

If you want to go spring, a Bar-10 with

tightbore-$70-120-edgi or pdi

Sears-polarstar makes nice ones-$55

Piston-polarstar-$35

Spring Guide-$15

Barrel Spacers

Better bucking

spring to suit your fps limits

If you want to go gas, itll require more work,(fine tuning and TLC) but I personally prefer it more-less bolt pull, less complicated hop-up(with the kjw and 2roy conversion.

Rifle-Tanaka/kjw or Ares/Well

Air rig-check Brainplay's guide on the tanaka sub-forum

tightbore

A kjw is $200, air rig can cost about $120-150, a tightbore can cost 30-100 depending on brand. im using a madbull in my kjw and its shooting fine for a $30 barrel,

The Well is $250, takes AEG barrels and bucking, cost should end up being about the same.

Edited by theboondock demon

As far as a rifle, Id suggest the UTG MK96, JG Bar10 or SOCOM R700/G700. Either one of the three should get you a nice rifle, scope, bi pod and upgrades.

The UTG MK96 is a good choice because, it has decent out ot the box preformance and a great customer service from Leapers.

The Bar10 and 700 are pretty much the same style/type of rifle. A little shorter and lighter than the 96 types. Bar10's are semi hard to come by and will need upgrades out of the box. Same with the R700 from Airsoftgi, but is a little easier to find. The G700 is a pre upgraded R700, and should only need some fine tuning to preform well.

All will do decent to well with just DIY mods. Thats were Id start.

As far as a rifle, Id suggest the UTG MK96, JG Bar10 or SOCOM R700/G700. Either one of the three should get you a nice rifle, scope, bi pod and upgrades.

The UTG MK96 is a good choice because, it has decent out ot the box preformance and a great customer service from Leapers.

The Bar10 and 700 are pretty much the same style/type of rifle. A little shorter and lighter than the 96 types. Bar10's are semi hard to come by and will need upgrades out of the box. Same with the R700 from Airsoftgi, but is a little easier to find. The G700 is a pre upgraded R700, and should only need some fine tuning to preform well.

All will do decent to well with just DIY mods. Thats were Id start.

Well im looking at the g700 now and I think it looks like a pretty good choice.