Sign in to follow this  
tburnerx

What BASR should I get to best fit this build?

-Silent or nearly silent shots

-175-225 foot effective range

-Short and light would be nice

I need something with decent range and good manuverability basically, scout rifle of sorts

A gas rifle with a "nonworking" :a-wink: suppresssor would be the most silent, as you wont have a piston striking the cylinder head and the other things that contribute to noise in a spring gun.

If you want to go with spring, Ive built a silenced spring rifle from a Bar-10, you need to put foam everywhere, even the stock and inside the outer barrel, use a piston with a airbrake, put padding on the cylinder head-I used very dense rubber. I added a "nonworking" suppressor with a 650mm ported barrel, and it was noticeably quiter.

If you can find one, a g-spec would be a good base, as it fits your short and light requirements, but it was mentioned in another thread that the jg's are getting hard to find.

try not to talk to much about making working suppressors, use pm's if you need help with that

Edited by theboondock demon

I am trying to stay away from gas guns and the bar-10s are impossible to find. Short isnt really all that necessary but I would like a light rifle just because that would be easier to run with.

Right now the UTG l96 would be my first choice, I can take the weights out and foam it up which should make it light and maybe somewhat quiet. That or the ECHO-1 ASR

OP, you FULLY described a Tanaka M40A1

shorter and lighter than most, huge range potential, and literally silent with a well made; HOME made mock suppressor

..I'm waiting for epoxy to dry on my latest model suppressor right now :a-grin:

(it's the lightest out of the 3 I've built, same length as the shortest one, and should work the best, hopefully AMAZINGLY after I've already made 2 well working suppressors, I am VERY excited for this one, I have thought it through so much)

Edited by yayapfool

speculation: it's the same as the Tanaka

but I have never owned a KJW

I can help you with every last spec of anything you need to know about gas rifles, if you want to know about making an HPA or CO2 rig, Brainplay already has a huge write up

think of it not how the KJW performs, but how a gas system works, there are very little parts to deal with, honestly pretty simple

so, gas goes from mag to barrel, welll lets think about that, the only think you'll need is accuracy parts, buy 3 parts and you will almost have the best setup for a gas rifle:

-VSR hop conversion kit

-nine ball or firefly soft bucking

-any high quality barrel; first factory/nineball/laylax/prometheus, EdGI, PDI

conversion: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=28726 (the site is down at the moment)

barrel: anywhere(?)

bucking: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball-air-s...-vsr-rifle.html

I have not bought firefly soft, idk where to buy it

if you would really want to go spring, the best budget rifle that I would recommend would be the UTG Mk96. ZERO WOLF made a thread in doing DIY upgrades for the gun and several aftermarket upgrade options. Its under the "Important Topics" section of the forum...

Zero Wolf's DIY guide is what got me interested in BASR in the first place, The DIY ideas he has there are great and give good performance on a budget

... and easy to do. a UTG Mk96 is a bit heavy compared to Bar10s though. Im a Bar10 fanatic. but they're pretty much extinct now so Im leaning towards doing a KJW M700P project with external CO2/HPA rig from Brainplay's guide. Im thinking it'll be much easier to lug around since I wont tire myself cycling a 500fps bolt anymore. but we'll see...

How much would a well functioning KJW M700 cost?

With a bit of DIY and minimal upgrades I am pretty sure I can get one of the guns I listed shooting to at least 200, I don't know which would be more reliable though, gas or spring.

well I think it's around $200, I just googled it, that's what it is on airsoftgi

yes, 300 FT is not even hard...and you could go ANYwhere with an HPA rig, but you don't wanna be skirmishing with 900 FPS, lol

as for reliability....I wanna say gas because the system is so simple, and you just have to use green gas or lube the mag every once in a while

they're rediculously easy to maintain

I have narrowed it down to the UTG L96 or the Echo-1 ASR, my time is tight in the near future so I am trying to go as cheap as possible.

Which would give me better results, the UTG with some of the DIY mods from Zero Wolf's guide or the ASR, maybe with the upgrade kit?

I have heard the ASR is shorter and lighter then the UTG but I don't know if thats true, I am in good shape so that doesnt really matter but it doesnt hurt. Right now this has become me looking for performance on a budget and I want to stay away from the Bar-10. I have heard the TSD M700 can reach 180 feet stock with a bit of tinkering but I doubt it.

I have narrowed it down to the UTG L96 or the Echo-1 ASR, my time is tight in the near future so I am trying to go as cheap as possible.

Which would give me better results, the UTG with some of the DIY mods from Zero Wolf's guide or the ASR, maybe with the upgrade kit?

I have heard the ASR is shorter and lighter then the UTG but I don't know if thats true, I am in good shape so that doesnt really matter but it doesnt hurt. Right now this has become me looking for performance on a budget and I want to stay away from the Bar-10. I have heard the TSD M700 can reach 180 feet stock with a bit of tinkering but I doubt it.

I would get the UTG Mk96. Ive owned an L96 before (Well MB01) and its a beauty. a DIY modded UTG Mk96 would let you reach 200-220ft+, provided you will do all the "required" home upgrades on the rifle. I know this answer is a bit biased as im not really familiar with the Echo-1 ASR. still, you cant go wrong with a UTG Mk96.

just my .2 bbs

Then I will get the L96, I would love to get a KJW M700 going but I lack the funds and time to put it to good use so I will have the L96 as a side project.

how much is your budget for this project btw? Im planning to get a KJW M700 myself. I will place an order from a local shop here, they said its Php10,500 including s&h from their supplier to them and to my doorstep in 2-3wks. thats round about $245(?) then probably throw in a TBB in if I will still have extra.

We don't have that much issue with gas rifles being too inconsistent since its usually hot/humid here. Im still planning to make me a custom HPA/CO2 Rig though to further improve consistency and accuracy but that may need to wait 1-2mos more after I get the rifle.

Im just trying to make it as cheap as possible since winter is nearing and I don't have much time during the school year. I could comfortably spend 200-300$ on this but I want to do as much DIY mods as I can to make performance better, eventually I will have to replace something on the rifle so I can upgrade then.

Im just trying to make it as cheap as possible since winter is nearing and I don't have much time during the school year. I could comfortably spend 200-300$ on this but I want to do as much DIY mods as I can to make performance better, eventually I will have to replace something on the rifle so I can upgrade then.

I see. I believe you'll enjoy modding the UTG Mk96. it has bazillions of homebrew mods you can do and aftermarket parts available to make it a beast.

My M700 project is to make me familiar with how a gas rifle works. im still pretty much Newbie when it comes to gas rifles. I want to experiment alot of things and see if I can bring out its full potential like what I did whith my previous Bar10s. Im feeling kinda excited just thinking how It feels like to cycle a gas bolt. :a-laugh: