Sign in to follow this  
foppo

Removing G&G Powerbolt Nozzle

Ok new problem:

I got the G&G Powerbolt and have the King Arms VSR Chamber installed in my Tanaka. Now I need to install the King Arms Nozzle in the G&G Powerbolt...

I asked some german friend and he told me, when you heat up the bolt the nozzle comes off quiet easy. Apparently it's glued on and by heating it the glue becomes liquid again and you can pull the nozzle out.

Ok. So I put the front part of the Powerbolt into the oven for a few minutes until it was so hot that I couldn't touch it with my bare hands.

Still no success. It seems like this nozzle is supermonsterglued into the bolt...

Any other solutions??

Edited by foppo

Ok DID IT!

Went into a friends workshop and heated that nozzle up really really badly... NOTHING...

So we just pinched it of and drilled the rest out. After that I installed the King Arms Nozzle that comes with the King Arms VSR Conversion and finished it all off with some loktide. Done. In 48h I will see if it's sealed and testfire it.

Conclusion:

I am quiet sure (not 100%) that the nozzle in the G&G Powerbolt isn't a one piece nozzle as known in the other bolts (KJW or Tanaka) it's an all-in-one solid block with the rest of the front part of the bolt.

Ok DID IT!

Went into a friends workshop and heated that nozzle up really really badly... NOTHING...

So we just pinched it of and drilled the rest out. After that I installed the King Arms Nozzle that comes with the King Arms VSR Conversion and finished it all off with some loktide. Done. In 48h I will see if it's sealed and testfire it.

Conclusion:

I am quiet sure (not 100%) that the nozzle in the G&G Powerbolt isn't a one piece nozzle as known in the other bolts (KJW or Tanaka) it's an all-in-one solid block with the rest of the front part of the bolt.

How did you avoid damaging the rubber part on the bolt? I am trying to do the same thing replacing the nozzle from my King Arms conversion onto my power bolt.

How did you avoid damaging the rubber part on the bolt? I am trying to do the same thing replacing the nozzle from my King Arms conversion onto my power bolt.

Which rubber part do you mean?

Make sure not to drill in too far! If I remember right you have to drill 4mm into the front end of the bolt to fit the nozzle. But best is to take the old bolt and mesure how deep the hole for the nozzle has to be.

so with a STOCK tanaka bolt, it CAN be heated and pulled out?

Stock Tanaka bolt is a pressure/friction fit. In other words, no heat necessary. Just be gentle while removing it. The mods for KJW shows the guy (think it was nobarb) using vice grips to pull and twist his nozzle out slightly

Hi

Is it necessary to install a KA nozzle when using a King Arms VSR Chamber? I have an G&G G96 and it has the powerbolt pre-installed.

Will it work at all without a new nozzle if I install the conversion chamber?

It will shoot, but that's just about it...

The KA nozzle has a bigger outer diameter then the standard one. What this means is that there will be absolutely no seal :P

Consequently you have to change the nozzle to make it work.

It will shoot, but that's just about it...

The KA nozzle has a bigger outer diameter then the standard one. What this means is that there will be absolutely no seal :P

Consequently you have to change the nozzle to make it work.

How much bigger outer diameter? Would it be possible to make a nozzle with the KA diameter and slid it over the present?

How much longer is it? Does anyone have the measurements on the KA nozzle?