to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
whytheneon

opinions on mp5 RIS

I'm thinking about getting an RIS kit for my MP5-N.

My only concern is would a battery fit in the RIS? I want to retain the retractable stock so wiring the through the stock wouldn't work. Could I do a PEQ box? or would that look kinda dumb? I ask because I've never seen it done before.

any opinions and personal experience would be appreciated.

I would be suprised if you could- all the people I tried to buy one from said it would fit a mini tamiya battery.

yes, you can fit a PEQ on it, and no, in my opinion it looks awesome.

this might be a little helpful

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Gandg-Pm...p;mode=threaded

thanks for the link. I was considering doing a laylax front end like the project you are trying but it seemd like it was to busy and heavy on the front end. the laylax flash suppressor kinda looks like the ZOMBAT one and thats no bueno to me.

what about a battery pouch? that would just velcro to the front hand gaurd right?

Edited by whytheneon

thanks for the link. I was considering doing a laylax front end like the project you are trying but it seemd like it was to busy and heavy on the front end. the laylax flash suppressor kinda looks like the ZOMBAT one and thats no bueno to me.

what about a battery sling? that would just velcro to the front hand gaurd right?

your welcome

I just like it- I think im attracted to the more expensive customizations...

ive never heard of a battery sling, but I think your best option would be a PEQ as the slings seem to hold the battery away from the gun, which would leave the wires in the open(not a very good idea.)

heres a link to a battery sling- im not quite sure what to make of it...

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2608

mabye somebody else can help you a little better.

I'm not sure about the grip battery, and I edited my post about the sling to read "battery pouch".

I was looking around an found a 9.6v intellect battery that is just a 1/4 longer than my 8.4 so I think I may just try to fit that in. I have a dremel and the desire to make it fit.

if not, I'm going to see what I can do with messing around with the charging handle, maybe I can but a butterfly in there....