Sign in to follow this  
coulterbowler

Custom machined part(s)

So I will be using this thread to show/discuss different parts for the M700 that I will draw on Autodesk Inventor, My hope is to have a majority of these parts machined. I will update as I make new parts...So here ya go.

Part #1: 14x1mm CCW mock suppressor adapter

Adapter.jpg

Adapter2.jpg

The next part will be the hop-up chamber, but that will take a bit longer.

Thanks for looking!

-Coulter

I may sell a few if I have enough interest, But it's mostly for myself.

cmon bro. don't be greedy. make us a design of a fluted bull barrel for a Tanaka and KJW M700.

ill be more than happy to buy 1 and make you a shrine in my house. lol :a-wink:

If you don't mind me asking, how would you install it? I have a M24 SWS fluted barrel, which I'm thinking the end of the barrel shouldn't be much different from the other M700 series. Looking at your drawings, it seems to be a slip on type? I'm not seeing how it would work on my barrel.

If you don't mind me asking, how would you install it? I have a M24 SWS fluted barrel, which I'm thinking the end of the barrel shouldn't be much different from the other M700 series. Looking at your drawings, it seems to be a slip on type? I'm not seeing how it would work on my barrel.

Yeah it just slips on like my stock one does.

Very nice coulter.

Since the adapter is a slip on will it stay inserted in the barrel no problem ya think???

Im gonna be picking up a KJW M700 so id def be interested if u decide to make a few :)

Would you please consider making a reinforced trigger system. The stock one is crap and keeps wearing out and malf functioning. Would love to have all the trigger parts in steel:-)

I'll put that on the list, haha.

Very nice coulter.

Since the adapter is a slip on will it stay inserted in the barrel no problem ya think???

Im gonna be picking up a KJW M700 so id def be interested if u decide to make a few :)

Thanks!

It should work, I took the dimensions right from the end cap on my current rifle, then just added some threads. If I make some extra's to sell they will probably be made to order.

Update: Once my winter break starts in about a month I will be able to start work on the other parts. :a-thumbsup:

Edited by coulter

So this is what happens when I'm bored at home on a Friday night...haha.

They are rendered in a illustration view because It had weird shadows on it the other way and I didn't feel like fooling around with the lighting. You may notice that it is missing those V shaped cuts, that is because I could not find a purpose for them.

Edit: I just realized that I left out that hole for the pin to slide through...oops

Part #2: Part 91

Part91image2.jpg

Part91image1.jpg

Onto the next project....The fluted barrel! :a-thumbsup:

Edited by coulter

I was hoping you would come up with a new design of the hopup house.

There must be some way to improve this chamber some way.

The 2roy/KA conversion kit is OK, but not great.

I would love to see some new design to the Tanaka/KJW chamber if it´s even possible due to the design of the rifle..

I was hoping you would come up with a new design of the hopup house.

There must be some way to improve this chamber some way.

The 2roy/KA conversion kit is OK, but not great.

I would love to see some new design to the Tanaka/KJW chamber if it´s even possible due to the design of the rifle..

Anything is possible, what do you see as a design flaw?

Edited by coulter

Wish I could give you a good answer to that.. I just feel that the hopup is a bit unpredictable sometimes..

I have a Nineball, scs, edGI 6.01 barrel, 2roy hopup, and I run my rifle on HPA, and I really spent time tweaking and line everything up, but still I can get really bad flyers from time to time.

I tried different kind of BB´s and the latest was Bioval .40s, wich is the best so far.

However, I´m never satisfied.

I´m no engineer, so I can´t really tell you what´s wrong with the design, maybe its just my rifle playing tricks on me..

Wish I could give you a good answer to that.. I just feel that the hopup is a bit unpredictable sometimes..

I have a Nineball, scs, edGI 6.01 barrel, 2roy hopup, and I run my rifle on HPA, and I really spent time tweaking and line everything up, but still I can get really bad flyers from time to time.

I tried different kind of BB´s and the latest was Bioval .40s, wich is the best so far.

However, I´m never satisfied.

I´m no engineer, so I can´t really tell you what´s wrong with the design, maybe its just my rifle playing tricks on me..

Have you tried modding a hopup chamber to take an SCS? It should yield the most reliable left to right stabilization of bbs if the bucking is modded right. I've got a couple on the way for my rifles and I am using KJW takedown. The takedown chamber is very nice except for the way hopup us applied. It has the space to take any AEG spacer if desired. I modded my rifle to take the adjustment knob of a police version(that adjusts on the top of the weaver rail) and I get tons more hop and more consistent hop to boot. I still get some fliers as well (mostly left hooking bbs so probably from hopup) which is why I'm trying the SCS. I'll let you know if it works.

EDIT* DUH! I just noticed that you are using an SCS! boy am I dense sometimes

Edited by nodnarb

I have been messing with my Tanaka AICS hop up for a good while, I was able to make some significant improvements with a couple of things in mind:

The piece that touches the nub needs to be solid and with zero play, so that the hop up screw on top can transfer a nice solid adjustment.

The nub needs to stay in the right place at all times. No left to right movement.

The chamber needs to be centered to the barrel and the nozzle, then to the part 91.

I do agree BYXOR, the hop up system could be upgraded.

I would start by eliminating the top screw hop up adjuster. It needs to be one solid piece that goes all the way down to the nub.

Then, make sure all this parts are centered: Part 91, hop up chamber, nozzle, and the barrel.

Edited by rdjorge

Thank you both for your advices.

Saw some of your vids on Youtube Nodnarb, must say it´s a really nice co2 rig you got there.

I mean, I have all the possible upgrades you can buy for a Tanaka, also HPA. The weak part as I see it somehow, is the hopup design.

Would be nice to have a hopup that is more like the VSR, as I feel they are superior to any other sniper rifle hopup design out there.

The Tanaka could easily be the best sniper system if it wasn´t for the lack of accuracy at long ranges. Sure I can hit out to 85-90 yards, but the dream would be to do it consistently. The rifle is definitely capable of it, but falls short in terms of accuracy.

Sorry, didn´t mean to hijack your thread Coulter.

Edited by BYXOR

Saw some of your vids on Youtube Nodnarb, must say it´s a really nice co2 rig you got there.

I mean, I have all the possible upgrades you can buy for a Tanaka, also HPA. The weak part as I see it somehow, is the hopup design.

Would be nice to have a hopup that is more like the VSR, as I feel they are superior to any other sniper rifle hopup design out there.

The Tanaka could easily be the best sniper system if it wasn´t for the lack of accuracy at long ranges. Sure I can hit out to 85-90 yards, but the dream would be to do it consistently. The rifle is definitely capable of it, but falls short in terms of accuracy.

It's perfectly fine, haha. I was hoping for this type of discussion. Probably in the next week or so I will start messing around with designs...finals are coming up.

hopup is the Achilles heel off all modern airsoft guns. Its just so dang hard to ask for consistency from rubber.

Even spin is the key. I think good buckings do a good job of applying a relatively consistent amount of hop, but the left-right stability is there it has a problem. That is what the SCS spacer was designed for. Just need a way of holding that spacer evenly. Something like the adjustment arm off of an AEG, but with a flat bottomed hole in the top so the hopup arm from the tanaka/kjw can apply even pressure without the arm spinning.

How does that thing lock into place inside of the barrel? You may want to consider carving a groove or two in there for an o-ring as a pressure fit or were you going to use the locking screws in the front sight?

So that's what the grooves are for, I thought that a o-ring might go there but I wasn't sure. My original didn't have a o-ring on it; friction just held it in. This is really just to test fit the OD and length, so I will work the design changes when I make the first one from aluminum.

What do you guys think, Should I make a grove for a o-ring, or drill a hole in the adapter for for the screw from the front sight to go into it?