Viper999

Looking for a Sniper's sidearm

So I have myself a fully upped Bar-10 Im reaching the end of my build. So, now I need a sidearm. Im just looking for something that shoots accurately at a decent range money is not to much of an issue but nothing overly pricey. Im leaning towards the Tm hi-capa 5.1 what do you guys think?

The TM Hi-Capa is excellent, and is strong enough it should be able to use propane for quite awhile. I had no issues using propane in mine.

Any TM pistol is a good choice without question.

And Lumber he can use GG/Propane no problem in a TM, I do in all of my TM's and I own many.

If u want a GBB and u want a nice platform to build from then the Hi-Capa is def the best choice.

The upgrade potential is HUGE on Capa's and u can find tons of parts no problem.

Being that ur Primary is a sniper system and if u want quiet performance then take a look at the TM Mk23 NBB.

It is quiet as can be and has amazing performance right out of the box, give it minor upgrades and its a beast.

Any other questions u have Viper feel free to ask.

I am a sniper by trade and don't want a lot of extra's and moving parts on my guns as it gives more of a potential for something to break. Also I have to fix more if I have more. Follow me?..... Anyway I picked out this Pistol:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Tactical_M92...sion_Black/1069

It is a simple NBB that fires CRAZY hard!!!!! I am able to get a solid 410fps all the way through about 120 shots. Then it drop to about 350fps to finish out the last 60 shots worth of CO2 left in the cartridge. It is made of some very hard plastic (except for all internals, the trigger and the magazine, which are metal) that hasn't even scratched when I've dropped it, thrown it (accident) and had it fly out of my holster while I was running. It has held up admirably, I've had it for about a year and it still fires the same as when I got it. I love this pistol. One of the best NBB's out there. I have had many people try to sneak up on me only to get a lot of pain from this puppy cause they thought I was a "stupid sniper". It holds its own and has a range of about 100ft. 1 out of every 6 or so shots will fly off randomly others go straight all the way down range. Only down side is it make a MASSIVE crack but what's gonna matter if someone has spotted you already? I can't praise this pistol enough. It uses the Airmag C11 clips (you can get two from Pyramid air or wal-mart for about 10 bucks. AWESOME pistol. Hurts like hell. And is durable as all get out. I highly recommend it. Also it comes with its own cool carrying case, If you have any questions ask. I will love to answer. I will even post a pic if you want. I hope you seriously consider this gun.

I would def NOT recommend u getting a TSD over a TM Viper.

If u want something that is quiet and doesnt have many moving parts then go with the TM Mk23 like I mentioned.

And if u want something on the cheaper side but with high FPS then look at the KJW Mk1.

Any TM pistol is a good choice without question.

And Lumber he can use GG/Propane no problem in a TM, I do in all of my TM's and I own many.

If u want a GBB and u want a nice platform to build from then the Hi-Capa is def the best choice.

The upgrade potential is HUGE on Capa's and u can find tons of parts no problem.

Being that ur Primary is a sniper system and if u want quiet performance then take a look at the TM Mk23 NBB.

It is quiet as can be and has amazing performance right out of the box, give it minor upgrades and its a beast.

Any other questions u have Viper feel free to ask.

I think im going to go with the Tm hicapa just because of all the upgrade potential. So what upgrade would be needed for accuracy not really concerned about recoil at all just want a good performing pistol.

I would def NOT recommend u getting a TSD over a TM Viper.

If u want something that is quiet and doesnt have many moving parts then go with the TM Mk23 like I mentioned.

And if u want something on the cheaper side but with high FPS then look at the KJW Mk1.

Ok so I know TSD is not the best brand in other guns. But they really did a good job on this one. If you want a cheap NBB that is gonna last you a long time and gives you an edge of fear and power go to the TSD I posted before. I mean TM guns are nice yes, would I get one? In a heartbeat if I had the money. All I'm saying is the TSD M9 CO2 NBB is a good cheap C02 pistol that will get you out of any jam just as good as or dare I say better than any other C02 pistol on the market. Q=wether they be GBB or NBB, 10$ or 300$ it will be my trusty sidearm for years to come. Hope this helps anyone looking at or wanting a C02 pistol that doesn't break the bank but packs a punch for an awesome deal!

-KJan

Oh, okay. Someone let me take a few shots with their Hi Capa at a game a bit back, and they said to to use Duster only. Thanks for the correction.

<AT>OP, If you like accuracy, and you still like the Hi Capa, they have Tightbore barrels available, and replacement Hop up rubbers (I don't know how much of an affect the latter has on the Hi Capa). But I've always really liked my 1911 MEU's accuracy. I only load about 10 shots in mine, for A) added realism, and B) It keeps pretty consistent through the mag. Then again, I've never shot the Hi Capa past 25 feet, so I wouldn't be able to say what I think of it's accuracy.

Oh I agree, if ur looking for something that's a cheaper option and u want CO2 then the TSD might be something to consider.

But if price isn't so much the issue then def go with a TM. Like I mentioned before, the Mk23 is one of the quietest if not "the" quietest pistol u can buy.

So being that ur a sniper by trade then I'd think ud want something nice and quiet but still has awesome performance.

I recommend taking a look at the Mk23 thread stickied up above, some great info.

Edited by FalconGroup6

I'm actually with Falcon on the whole Mk.23 thing. I've seen them get near silent shots accurately at AEG range. For example, I remember seein a relative newbie take shots with a CYMA M14 at some people from a tower. He couldn't seem to hit them, then a field regular strolled up and said "Let me try.". He pulled out his TM Mk.23 and with three shots got the OpFor out, at what I would consider medium-long range with an AEG no less. Plus as was mentioned, they are very quiet. I mean it just sounds like a little poof. IF that's out of your comfort zone with costs, I guess the TSD will do... I guess...

So I have myself a fully upped Bar-10 Im reaching the end of my build. So, now I need a sidearm. Im just looking for something that shoots accurately at a decent range money is not to much of an issue but nothing overly pricey. Im leaning towards the Tm hi-capa 5.1 what do you guys think?

I've carried an HFC M9 GBB, TM mk23 NBB, KWA USP GBB(NS2 system), MP5, and MP7.

I've always come back to my HFC M9. Its reliable, cycles well and is pretty accurate. The MP5 and MP7 were both too big and I couldn't draw them quickly enough while staying mobile enough. The mk23 with silencer I carry sometimes, but usually its to primary with since the silencer makes I too big to carry in a holster, and attaching the silencer in an emergency situation doesn't happen. The KWA was suprisingly not reliable, which sucks because that is WHY I bought it. It was supposed to be extremely reliable.

The M9 just works. It needs higher pressure in the winter to work reliably, but I can carry my mags in a pocket with a hand heater and it works fine.

my .02

The perfect sidearm for a sniper is the one he/she feels most comfortable with. Personally, I always brought my mp5 along, nowadays, I bring my MP9. Course I'm a walking weapons station anyway, I always have a selection of tools for the job.

As far as suggestions, pistols are always a good choice (I like KJW, KWA, and TM sidearms) SMG's are there for a bit of flair and a bit more firepower, and the select few bring small carbines.

Choose one that you think you need. If your always in the thick of the action, bring a SMG. If your more laid back, a pistol will do (they are a bit cheaper too, especially magazines)

I've found the tm mk23 to be one of the best handguns I've ever owned. the double action trigger makes it a slower gun but I could make 100 foot shots with .25s on a regular basis.

the Galaxy mp5k is dirt cheap and in two mids or a highcap you can carry more ammo than for your SWS. they are very light and I've found them helpful when needing a quick burst.

if you are playing well, a side arm is just for those shots that are under the MED. 100ft or less. Don't let it become a crutch. concealment is your primary defense. If that is blown, you should have already planned an escape route.

I believe in pistols for snipers. they go anywhere and are ready at a moments notice. GBBs over EBBs. If you can figure out how to carry the MK23 with a silencer, and it fits your hand. go for it. It helps you to remain concealed even when using your secondary. I would encourage you to look at some guns in person if possible. hold them and shoot them if they will let you. failing that, see if soemone you play with has one so you can take a look. familiarity and comfort are very important factors when using a sidearm.

+1 for the Mk23

Its IMO the best sidearm for a sniper hands down as long as u don't mind it being NBB.

Its quiet and shoots really well.

If u know someone who has one I would def ask if u could shoot it and see how it feels for u.

if you are playing well, a side arm is just for those shots that are under the MED. 100ft or less. Don't let it become a crutch. concealment is your primary defense. If that is blown, you should have already planned an escape route.

I believe in pistols for snipers. they go anywhere and are ready at a moments notice. GBBs over EBBs. If you can figure out how to carry the MK23 with a silencer, and it fits your hand. go for it. It helps you to remain concealed even when using your secondary. I would encourage you to look at some guns in person if possible. hold them and shoot them if they will let you. failing that, see if soemone you play with has one so you can take a look. familiarity and comfort are very important factors when using a sidearm.

This

I too have to reccomend the TM MK23,its stupidly silent and has the range of most china clones,and is extremely gas efficient

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/airsoft_WE_C...tol_p/64910.htm

WIN!

I have owned this pistol for a few months now and bought two mags when I got it. With the hop-up all the way up and .25g bbs it reaches out to at least 150 feet accurately for a man sized target. (Yes I have measured it with google earth) The slide is all metal and the rest of the gun is a mixture of metal and some plastic. Mags hold 31 rounds each and on evike you can get a 51 round (overkill) for about $40. It feels really nice to hold and has a strong recoil when you shoot it and the trigger pull is shorter then any pistol I have shot.