Sign in to follow this  
da killa

G&G M14 effective range after beeing fully upgraded

Hi,

I want to built a DMR out of a G&G M14 or the Veteran version.

First I would like to know which stock effective range it gets (The normal and the Veteran version).

With stock effective range I mean the range at which I can hit a man sized target at least 5-6/10times.

For the Veteran version it is reported something like 200ft stock effective range.

Here it says even 240ft 5/10 times but that was with overhop and lobbing. So id say that it could be 200ft without lobbing.

Here is the link: http://www.airsoftarizona.com/forumbb/view...f=5&t=25499

And another one. There it says 200ft 90/10 hits on a man-sized target.

And that it can hit up to 230ft. But I think that would be with lobbing.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index...e;topic=72364.0

And for upgarding I thougt about the following:

For the Veteran Version:

Systema-Bucking+SCS-Nub ( I havent seen an SCS -NUb....is it a DIY-Mod?)

PDI 6.01 tightbore barrel

M150 spring ( which brand to get)

Have I to replace any other internals that the Gearbox can take the M150?

And I do not know which battery to get.

And what battery charger is good?

And I will get .29gr maruzen SGMs for the stock Veteran if I get it.

Is that ok for the Stock gun?

da killa

First I would like to know which stock effective range it gets (The normal and the Veteran version).

With stock effective range I mean the range at which I can hit a man sized target at least 5-6/10times.

150 feet.

I have an upgraded TM M14, it uses a version 7 gearbox, which is different from the G&G hybrid design, but the basic principles apply to both.

My M14 has:

Madbull M150 spring

Prometheus double torque gears

Guarder infinite torque up motor

A Prometheus 6.03mm inner barrel

I use a 9.6v battery, made of Sanyo NiCad 4/5 sub c, 1700ma cells.

It shoots 520fps w/ .20g BB.

Good luck

Edited by namloot

As far as range when upgraded, your not going to get a proper answer. It will ALWAYS be different. It all depends on the skill of the tech working on it, what parts were used, etc. If your a piss poor tech, your results are not going to be very good. keep compression at near perfection, take your time, and put good parts in and I see no reason it shouldn't hit 250'+.

mine hit out to 175 pretty well stock
Define "pretty well"

"da killa", the OP said:

That is 150 feet, not 175 feet.

"Star_folder" agrees.

You might be able to hit a man sized target with a stock G&G M14 at 175 feet, but not half the time.

Edited by namloot

Hi,

Ok so with the normal version of the G&G M14 the stock effective range where it can hit about half the time is 150ft.

The stock effective range of the Veteran is about 200ft, isnt it?

<AT> Deadlyappollo: What do you mean exactly when you say the skill is really important. Because the Problem is I have not worked on much guns. So you can say im not a guy that can have a really nice technique to work on it. So if it is 250ft effective range when something with skill has done it what would be mine results. About 230ft? I know you can not say it exactly but I just want to know how much feet the difference could be when we are talking about the skill.

<AT> seargentsnipes: I wrote you a pm maybe you can answer it.

da killa

Edited by da killa

When I say skill I mean the skill at which you can put back together a gearbox and have it perform "like it should".

Anyone can put one together, but few can put it back together right.

Shimming is crucial. One gear that is slightly higher or lower than it needs to be can throw everything off, not enough grease can ruin parts, one loose connection would make the gun not work, a cheap part could fail because it's........well cheap, and the list goes on.

I am a firm believer of practicing on something first, and the cheapest route is to actually just buy either just full gearboxs, or junkyard guns (most of the time they have a full working gearbox) and to take them apart and practice shimming, gear timing, soldering wire connectors (you will at some point in time), testing out motor heights, etc.

I find it fun to learn about and it's a great way to save yourself money in the end from expensive repair techs. It's not hard to learn, but it's not easy to learn how to do it right.

Hi,

sorry for double posting...

<AT> sgt. snipes:

You said in your DMR project that you can hit a chair at 266.5 feet so to say 270ft.

How much times out of ten you can hit it?

And you said that you can hit a can at 270ft with the 9th or 10th try.

Have you done that all (chair and can)with overhop and lobbing?

Can you hit a man-sized target at 270ft away at least 5/10 times without lobbing or overhop?

da killa