Ronin055

Target Idea

Ok so here is my idea.

Its a reuseable airsoft sniper target made of fabric like a bed sheet. About 4ft wide, and 6ft tall.

Its made of fabric and is two colors. One color is the base or main color and the other is a solid silouette of a person.

The target would have Gromets or ties at six points, the corners and the middle on each side.

You would suspend the target inside a frame and set it at range. Then you would be able to see a slight dimple when your bb hit it.

So, What do you think?

I got the idea when I was shooting at a trashbag at about 230ft and could see the white of the bb against the black of the bag, and then the dimple for exact point of impact.

Ok so here is my idea.

Its a reuseable airsoft sniper target made of fabric like a bed sheet. About 4ft wide, and 6ft tall.

Its made of fabric and is two colors. One color is the base or main color and the other is a solid silouette of a person.

The target would have Gromets or ties at six points, the corners and the middle on each side.

You would suspend the target inside a frame and set it at range. Then you would be able to see a slight dimple when your bb hit it.

So, What do you think?

I got the idea when I was shooting at a trashbag at about 230ft and could see the white of the bb against the black of the bag, and then the dimple for exact point of impact.

well I mean like, you could just set up a man sized target, hang pots and pans from it, and every time you get a hit, you hear a clear metallic bang...

example:

Edited by sniperx2s

My wife and I had an idea last night, that is to make the background out of a blue, and the human silouette out of camo fabric. To distinguish the two and to make the bbs (I shoot white ones) easy to see against the contrast.

Oh, and I was tossing around ideas, and I thought, why not put some shapes and colors on the back for AEG shooting. Like in the same space, only a triangle, circle, square and oval. Or what ever. And then you could do drills at normal ranges, and have a second person call the target so you could snap shoot engage. "Red" snap, snap. And like that. Probably nonsense, but I thought, hey Ive got the other side to ues, what can I do with it? LoL

When the BB hits the fabric its supposed to create a dimple at the point of impact that you'll see. Nice work Ronin.

I personally use cardboard thats been taped up in the shape of torso. I like audible feedback. Buts thats just preference.

Ok. my previous target was a plastic maniquin torso. So a hit, and a near hit, looked similar to me through my scope.

This, the BB hits, you hear a nice thump, and you see a dimple, or pucker as it impacts. The bb also seems to kinda Pause at the point of impact for like 1/100th of a second and then drop.

So, you can see it, hear it, and its reuseable.

My next one is going to have a hole cut in the middle, so that you can put a pie tin like Gong. This will be a scenario target that one team can have in their base, and the other team attempts to "kill" with a sniper mission. Idea is that a tin will dimple permently as well as give a nice audible cue when hit.

But thats the next target.

This one works find for setting my range on my Sniper rifle.

Ya I was thinking that I would have my wife button hole the fabric at 11 and 1 oclock. Then again at 6 oclock. This should give a Y formation of contact points on the fabric target.

Then I would use a repurposed pie tin and like three christmas ornament hooks. This should be cost effective and do the trick nicely.

Here is a concept drawing to kinda illustrate what Im considering in Phase two.

ScenarioTarget.jpg

For use in a particular scenario, Im imagining that each team has two of these at their base that they have to protect. The thing is each one is a different color. And the players have to gather intell and determine which is the actual target. One is a penalty to kill and the other is a bonus. So the sniper team will have to be coordinated with an intell team as well as probably an assault team. The intel team should gather the info and relay it to the sniper team. The Assault team should keep the heat off the sniper team and allow for them to do their work. LoL, there will be alot going on you can bet. And in the middle of it all, will be two fellows with BASRs trying to "ring the gong". mm I cant wait to see how they pull it off !

Edited by Ronin055