Sign in to follow this  
AmnesicShooter

VSR Barrel lengths

From what I have gathered, the G-spec seies has a shorter barrel with a mock supressor that can be detached, and the non G-spec series has a little longer barrel which is 303mm I think.

That just seems like a very short barrel for a DMR to me (My AUG barrel is almost 500mm).

From everyones experince, is the 303mm sufficient or would any of you suggest longer? Or is the G-spec length worth the added mobility?

Yes you can. The cylinders are identical so the ratio will still be the same.

I find the PDI Bore up VC Cyl set, plus Outer barrel PDI Long (554mm inner barrel) plus EdGI 6,00, the greatest build in spring rifles. And I have a Maruzen Type 96....and envy that kind of VSR every day, they shoot the same but are easier to adjust.

Can I put in a 500mm barrel on a VSR g-spec? I mean with the silencer and all? Appreciate the answers.

if you don't want any barrel protruding from the mock suppresor of the Gspec, your inner barrel should be 480mm. atleast that's what I had in mine before. anything more than 480mm and you'll need to make a custom barrel extender.