AmnesicShooter

Strapped!

I used to roll with a KJW MK-1 carbine with a regular rifle sling and a CA g36k(3 point sling), it was a burden to lug around all that stuff. Im picking up a VSR which is going to be my primary, ill prob get a rifle sling for it, and im considering just carrying a high capacity pistol (25+ rounds) with a couple of spare mags in a thigh rig, which sounds like a very realistic, comfortable configuration.

However, I consider a pistol more of a defensive weapon. I would like a small side arm that I can easily swicth to for a more offensive, agressive role when necessary that wont be frustrating to carry. Any suggestions for an agressive VSR-10 sidearm/ with sling config???

( I like the new kwa kmp9 but spare mags are hard to come by from what I hear.)

I used to roll with a KJW MK-1 carbine with a regular rifle sling and a CA g36k(3 point sling), it was a burden to lug around all that stuff. Im picking up a VSR which is going to be my primary, ill prob get a rifle sling for it, and im considering just carrying a high capacity pistol (25+ rounds) with a couple of spare mags in a thigh rig, which sounds like a very realistic, comfortable configuration.

However, I consider a pistol more of a defensive weapon. I would like a small side arm that I can easily swicth to for a more offensive, agressive role when necessary that wont be frustrating to carry. Any suggestions for an agressive VSR-10 sidearm/ with sling config???

( I like the new kwa kmp9 but spare mags are hard to come by from what I hear.)

ive heard good things about the galaxy mp5k. but a pistol should do you well. as a sniper, you shouldnt really go on the aggressive side anyways. but the mp5k will give you a lot more firepower.

Edited by sniperx2s

agree. but if ill get an MP5K, ill place it in a dropleg holster rather than on a strap. it will be more convenient since that might just get caught in the bushes.

I agree. A small AEG or AEP would fit the bill, but I cant have it swinging around on a bungie sling it will surely get snagged on everything. I found a nice PanTac MP7 dropleg, ill have to look into an MP5k rig as well.

A : Strapped is an urban slang term for "packing" or carrying a gun. such as "the dude was strapped" which would indicate an armed individual was observed. :a-cool:

And B : If I were going to run an MP5k as a secondary I think I would use this setup. Partially because I think it looks cool and partially because I think it would fit the need for rapid access and quick storage.

I've just recently come over to a Scout role from being a DM. As a sidearm, I carry a KWA M93R (the new NS2 version) with 2 extra standard capacity (32 round) magazines. I find the M93R to be VERY accurate for a GBB, it's fairly lightweight, durable, and you have the option of Semi Auto, 3 round burst (less accurate, but BOY do they ever duck fast when you crack off a 3 round) and Full Auto (Wanna see people scatter, let them see a pistol pointed at then, and then have it whip off 32 rounds in under 2 seconds...I've never once NOT seen a person hesitate at that point if they arent calling themselves out).

The KWA version also has 38 round "extended mags" available (I personally don't see the reason to pay $15 more for 6 extra rounds, standard magazines cost around $35) and will also take the aftermarket folding shoulder stock (makes your M93R into a nice, compact little SMG).

There are some downsides to it...in Full Auto...It is a gas HOG! On full auto, the mag will be empty after 32 rounds, if not less, if you're shooting 3 rnd bursts, you can get about 1 1/2 mags out of a fill, and semi auto is good for around 2 full mags on a fill.

Mine shoots around 330 on semi (which makes it safe for CQC rules as well), and is fairly accurate to about 70' (by fairly accurate I mean as long as you can shoot, you should have no issue hitting a torso sized target at this range, but don't expect to drive tacks with it, it's a GBB pistol afterall.

Hope this is useful to you.

Edited by lordnordeth

I don't bother, and I wouldn't bother if I were you. Personally having my .45 with reserve ammo strapped to my leg being awkward and making me noisy and unable to go prone isn't worth having it for the one in a hundred chance where I get into a :censored2: situation and am still alive to pull my sidearm on someone. If I have to go at some guy with an AEG I usually just get his head down and run my :censored2: out of there, either not coming back or slowly working my way around him. Not to mention I carry 4 BAR-10 mags (never can have enough ammo, right?) meaning I have 120 rounds at my disposal, meaning I'll never need to fall on a sidearm because my Rifle is empty. I usually only carry my sidearm If I'm working with a weapon prone to malfunction (M60), are doing a loadout without much room for spare mags, or if I expect to go up close and personal with the bad guys.

Edited by mountainsniper

I know where we play, that we have a 100 - 120 ft engagment minimum distance for a sniper rifle. So we have to carry a sidearm so that anything inside that distance can be delt with.

So ya, a 93R would be awesome ! But I just have my little ol sig226.