EchoRecon3

Echo1's M28 BASR

Got mine a couple of days ago.

First impressions: everything is very solid. Finish isn't the greatest, but what do you expect for $175? Stock is pleasantly solid. I like the weight, seems to make keeply absolutely still when firing easier.

In particular, out of the box, and with only a barrel clean (filthy!), this thing is a laser. Tightest groups I've ever experienced. Very impressed. I'm using .30 BBKings. Fps is obviously high.

The magazines are not the same quality as the rest of the gun. They haven't malfunctioned yet, but I'm treating them very gently.

BTW, I found on RSOV and UNCompany spare magazines for the Snow Wolf M28, and the magazine is *identical* to the Echo 1's. So the plot thickens as to who exactly makes the original gun.

I have mine too and I love it.

As mentioned I expect a bunch of these to be bought and resold because it makes a VSR/BAR feel like a feather. Without cleaning or anything but zeroing in the scope I can hit a 2'x2' piece of foam with a nice whap at 200'using .30's. Once I get the missing part for the Bipod and get the gun fully zeroed in I expect it to give a better performance than anything else I have sen in a stock format. Now clean the sucker, polish up the barrel, put a decent bucking in, and do a few DIY mods I would not be surprised if it competed on the same level as my $450 in parts alone Bar-10. :eek:

Recently received this as a Christmas present. first impression was that it was very heavy and the stock was very solid. after putting it together I went to shoot it and to my surprise it wouldn't fire unless I pushed the magazine up. I then went and took it inside and saw that it was not flush with the stock. I discovered this was because there is supposed to be a forward sling attachment spot as well as one for the bi-pod to attach to and the bi-pod piece screwed into the upper assembly. after tightening all the screws down well enough I have had no problems with mis-feeding. now onto my impressions on the gun. The magazines are most definitely not built to the same quality as the rest of the gun as they require you to push them all the way up and occasionally slide the latch to get it to stay. without cleaning the barrel I was able to hit a four inch plate from around 150 yards away using nothing but the red dot sight off of my p90. for me the bolt pull is very heavy and is difficult to do while lying prone without moving the gun significantly. the trigger pull is light and easy. the compartment in front of the trigger is quite annoying as it will frequently come open if your not paying attention to not jostling the latch at all. overall it is a very good gun I believe that after I clean the barrel and put a magnified scope on it will be a very effective gun. also I am contemplating putting a weaker spring in it because the stock spring is too strong for the fields around me. I plan to find a disassembly guide so I can put a better barrel in it and change the hop-up rubber.

without cleaning the barrel I was able to hit a four inch plate from around 150 yards away using nothing but the red dot sight off of my p90.

Whoa, 150 yards with only a red dot sight? Makes me want one now...

Edited by EchoRecon3

Wow.

Really, 450' shots? I really hope that was a typo lol.

Yes my mistake I meant to type that it was 150 feet. sorry wrote this on the drive back to virginia from arkansas.

Also I opened up the barrel assembly today in order to clean the hop-up assembly and thoroughly clean the barrel and after running the cleaning rod through once the cloth was very dirty, almost black. also in the piston assembly there is a white ring which stabilizes the piston and which if not seated correctly will inhibit the cocking motion. after gluing this piece in and reattaching the assembly I went to shoot to make sure I put everything back right. it would shoot but the hop-up adjustment lever would not move. this was easily remedied by simply removing the barrel assembly and reattaching it to the stock.

This is not relevant to the topic, but it is relevant to the topic creator..

"Most people don't want to push themselves to failure, because then we won't look good, but then we never get better. You know they say that 'Amateurs train until they get it right, professionals train until they get it wrong', and that's what we're doing..." -Chris Costa

Shouldn't it be, "Amateurs train until they get it right, professionals train until they don't get it wrong"?

=]

"Most people don't want to push themselves to failure, because then we won't look good, but then we never get better. You know they say that 'Amateurs train until they get it right, professionals train until they get it wrong', and that's what we're doing..." -Chris Costa

Shouldn't it be, "Amateurs train until they get it right, professionals train until they don't get it wrong"?

=]

Hope this isn't considered a necropost...

I quoted that directly off the AOTTC V2's Reality Check segment; watch it yourself, I'm pretty sure he didn't say "don't". PM me for a faster response >_>

Back on-topic: did anyone confirm that there are aftermarket spare mags for this BASR? I haven't really checked any other threads regarding the M28 mainly because those were about internal upgrades.. BTW it sucks how the mags are the weakest point on the replica.

Edited by EchoRecon3

Any of those any better quality?

Until someone can confirm it, I really hope it is. It's probably the only reason why I didn't ditch my P90 CQC conversion entirely for this promising replica xD

=]

A "professional" doesn't stop when they get it right. They practice doing it right until their body can no longer do it right anymore.

This is versus the "amateur" trying to do it right, and once they pull it off, they are done for the day, job done, mission accomplished.

And it is a ridiculous over-simplification and generalization, of course.