F1609

M40a1 Sniper Rifles

Looking to start sniping, and I was wondering how good the M40 is and whats the difference between the fps of gas and spring. I also want to know what, or if the difference between sounnd of gas and of spring. If anyone has this I would like to know where you got it, if online, and what you have, soring or gas. Thanks this would help me our a lot.

Looking to start sniping, and I was wondering how good the M40 is and whats the difference between the fps of gas and spring.  I also want to know what, or if the difference between sounnd of gas and of spring.  If anyone has this I would like to know where you got it, if online, and what you have, soring or gas.  Thanks this would help me our a lot.

the M40A1 is getting harder and harder to find parts for, but the M40a1 has a gas bolt. I own a M40 XB and I love it.. I have yet to play a game with someone else that has a m40XB. The XB you can find parts for everywhere. But they don't have a gas bolt.

fps on a gas bolt I am not sure of. Havnt used a gas bolt on any sniper rifles yet.

fps on a Spring gun it depends on what spring you use. I have a PDI 340s spring in my m40 XB and its shooting 450fps. If ya need anymore help about the m40s just PM me and I can help ya out..

Ross

The M40 some in a few flaovrs now.

Sun Project makes the A1 spring (now discontinued), the A1 gas (released last year) and a couple of XB variants all spring.

Tanaka makes a gas M40A1.

Spring is by far better in the reliability deptartment if you are in a variable weather area. Consistent fps and easily adjustable by changing springs.

But that is me. I suggest going to the Sniper Rifle section for all your bolt-action questions.

The M40 some in a few flaovrs now.

Sun Project makes the A1 spring (now discontinued), the A1 gas (released last year) and a couple of XB variants all spring.

Tanaka makes a gas M40A1.

Spring is by far better in the reliability deptartment if you are in a variable weather area.  Consistent fps and easily adjustable by changing springs.

But that is me.  I suggest going to the Sniper Rifle section for all your bolt-action questions.

I agree with ya Yod, the spring versions are more fps consistent.

Ross