to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
schnarz25

what do you think the age limit at airsoft games should be?

what should the limit be?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. age limit?

• no age limit
    • 8+
    • 9+
    • 10+
    • 11+
    • 12+
    • 13+
    • 14+
    • 15+
    • 16+
    • 17+
    • 18+
  2. 2. full privileges for under age 18? (full auto,etc.)

• yes
    • no

I think the age limit should be 13+ without an adult and just a waiver signed I also believe full auto should be privileged for those moments where cover fire is needed and full auto is necessary but it also depends on level of maturity.

I think perhaps, that while full gun privileges (like full auto and FPS limits) should be given to those under 18, they should be required to wear full face masks or other extra protection. This way, those under 18 are not inherently made ineffective and driven from the sport, and at the same time are less likely to be injured in a way that would, similarly, drive them from the sport.

I think that we should take the example of a toy brand that seems to be filling the gap for airsoft. We have all seen those adds for the new Nerf guns on the TV lately. I am 20 and I still think they look :censored2: awesome! Nerf has posted on their boxes that they are for ages 6-12. I agree with sora4502 that the starting age should be 13. I do think; however, that a parent should have to sign a waiver for anyone under 16. As far as full privileges go, 13 year old kids should be smart enough to understand that you don't tear in to someone that is already dead and you don't shoot in the safe zone. If you deprive the newcomers of the full capability of their airsoft guns it will just turn them away from the sport when the older people pump 26bps into their chest!

Edited by Nemesis-Zero

In my opinion, and I play at 10+ games, most people start to become mature enough for airsoft (being honest about hits, man enough not to cry and make scenes) at 14, around the same age as highschool.

I feel 12+ is a decent age to start. As long as the waiver is signed by a parent then im fine with it. I really don't see the point in a parent staying. If they get hurt it'll happen regardless if the parent is there or not. I always see parents at the field I play at, just sitting at the staging area bored out of their minds and I honestly don't know how they sit there doing nothing for so long. And all the kids need are some construction criticism to get them going. Of course there not going to do everything right but who does when they first start?

and because I love shooting little kids :a-grin:

I think perhaps, that while full gun privileges (like full auto and FPS limits) should be given to those under 18, they should be required to wear full face masks or other extra protection. This way, those under 18 are not inherently made ineffective and driven from the sport, and at the same time are less likely to be injured in a way that would, similarly, drive them from the sport.

Agreed. At fields in my area, full-face protection is required for anyone under 18.

Well if your playing with 13 and under, you get lots of little babies running back screaming "MOMMY,DADDY, BARRY SHOT ME IN THE STOMACH", lots of tears, brattiness and noobishness: "MY CROSMAN PULSE R74 IS BETTER THAN YOUR SHODDY TOYKO MARUI M4 CARBON!!!"

So I think 14+ should be about the right age limit, and yes. Age 18- should have full priviledges. I wouldnt play if I had to be up against 30 adults shooting full auto if I could only shoot semi.

I shoot semi most of the time, but thats only because Im used to it, but when I feel Im in danger, the fire selector goes all the way up.

I think, 14 with someone you know, not necessarily parent, but someone in your group and 16 for going by yourself. I also think that the field should reserve the right to kick someones :censored2: off the field in deemed necessary, due to misconduct or lack of maturity.

It all depends on the maturity of the person..personally I feel 13+ is a good age with all priveleges allowed...I have met alot of immature people in my life that are 13+ but its about that time that a person starts to grow up, stop whining, and act maturely.

I believe that age shouldn't really come into question. Maturity should be the deciding factor. Unfortunately, at a public field, they can't tell kids to leave because they are immature if they are 14 and the age limit is 12.

I have played with plenty of awesome 12 year olds, but on the other hand, plenty of terrible and annoying 16 yr olds. You just have to hope for the best. However, this question is about age limit. I usually wouldn' be comfortable playing airsoft with the average 12 year old, so I would have to say 13+. And I completely agree that face masks should be mandated for those under 18.

I don't think it's a matter of age, but maturity like the poster above me said. Though age should be a factor when deciding what kind of safety equipment must be used. I think this should be a good indicator:

12-14: Full Paintball masks + Tactical Vest.

15-17: Goggles with some sort of safety balaclava.

18+: Goggles

Plus it should also what kind of weapons and FPS you can use:

12-14: Under 350 FPS with full-auto or 400 with semi. No sniping

15-17: Under 400 FPS with full-auto. Sniping under 500 FPS

18+: Sniping under 550 FPS

The field I play at measures with .25, so just remember that it is a bit more than what the FPS says on the guns. This is also just an example, I don't think the ages should work like that.

Im a pretty straight forward guy,I don't like putting up with peoples crap, with that said. 13+ and if anyone abuses the rules, 1 day ban from the field, and 1 more time, 1 month ban from the field, 1 more time, lifetime ban from the field.

I don't think there should be an official age limit to airsoft (that's like saying a 6 year old cannot play football). I do agree with age limits on official fields with official play times (such as big state events, etc). I think the age limit for state events and operations should be 14 or over with parental permission (waiver). I do not like full auto firing personally (I never use full auto), I like fields such as CQB city where they use semi-auto only. I just think it requires more skill to use semi-auto rather than full auto. Just my humble opinion there.

I like a playing with adults, they are much more fun to play with. I said 18+. It's really a whole different game to me. Sorry kiddies.

And to be fair maybe (MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE) 16+ with an adult.

Just for reference I'm 20 and the average age that I play with is mid 20s to 30.

I put 14+ with full privileges.

Obviously with large sponsored games you have 18+, but the constant weekends games should include the younger crowd for a main reason:

-To teach them the proper fundamentals of airsoft.

At my field, we have kids that come out thinking that it is COD, but after a bit they realize that everyone isn't invincible and that learn how to play and be honest. I will say that not all are willing to learn and some still remain douchebags but a decent amount of players that I know that start out when they are 18 are truthfully even worse.

I have played many games where it was 18+ that I had more issues with and left because of the amount of cheating and blatant lack of sportsmanship. In other cases I played where the community embraces the 14+ crowd and there was not 1 act of cheating or disrespect at any of the games.

In the end though it comes down to the individual. I mean this past weekend there was one kid telling all of the people around him to not call their hits because they had to get the objective. We had skewed it in their favor with about 30 of them vs. my team of 8. They still had to cheat and miraculously with each one of my teammates going through about 600-900rds each, we only got about four of them some how :a-shocked: .

On a side note though and no disrespect to cool people that wear multicam, but in my community it just seems like all of the dbag players wear multicam. It just turns out that way and it is pretty funny. Does any one else have that near them?

feel free to post why you picked the answer that you picked.

I started airsoft when I was 10. But Iv'e played ten year olds and they always aim for the face like it's a video game. Which hurts when they are using 435fps co2's.

I firmly believe that the age limit should be 13+ and full privileges should be available to everyone. However, I believe that younger children, I.e. 13 year olds, should be monitored very closely. Warnings, and if they persist, expulsion should be in order. Their names and whatnot should also be kept on-hand so they can be rejected or monitored if they come back.

14+ seems good and for people saying 18+ I do not know why 18+ should be it. With out teenagers airsoft would not be as good as it is. I am 15, I have a summer job allowing me to throw 2 grand a year into airsoft. I know not all teenagers do that, but I know a lot (and I mean A LOT) of teenage airsofters that dump all their money into the sport, which is why I say 14+ because at 14 you can legally work. Also, most of us are not that bad, you have the occasional brat but I know adults that are just as bad. Also, I am on a team, I am highly useful because I am more agile than many 25+ year old people because I am younger. Teenagers/Young adults can move better than most older adults, so do not say 18+ because that kills close to 30% of the sport I believe.

Privileges:

14-16: Any type of eye and mouth protection (shemagh, lower mesh mask) and then shooting glasses. 400 FPS Full Auto, sniper's aloud

17-20: Eye Protection. 400 FPS Full Auto and sniping.

21+ (the legal age to own a concealed weapon): Eye Protection 400 FPS Full Auto 550 FPS Sniping

Edited by Metalagain4322

well we have an 6 or 7 year old that comes to ever one of our games with his dad and he plays great, where as I have personally thrown a 25 year old out. There is nothing here that says one age is really all that much better than others. Sure discredit me because I am 19...

Because you can drive buy alcohol and firearms means no more than that. It does not entitle you to anything more than that.

I voted 13+ simply because thats the age that I started playing. Granted I was immature I learned what having privileges meant and began to undersand what was required behaviorally to retain them. This is not to say that there are kids younger who are mature enough to handle the responsibility, however our hobby is rather dangerous in more than one way. For example there are those select elderly players who are immature themselves and the risk then lies in the of age player doing something that could hurt a younger player. It lies in more than trusting said kid, but those on the field.

I voted 14+ full privileges because I believe most people at that age and up are mature enough to call hits, follow rules, and just generally be not annoying I am not saying this just because I am 14 its just from my experience most are mature enough. And as for protection I believe 14 is old enough to wear just goggles but that is just my opinion, personally I will most likely be just wearing a cadet cap and goggles mostly expect for when its a bit windier/colder then I will be wearing shemagh and goggles. As for waiver or parent with them I believe neither should be required but if there happens to be a waiver it should be able to be signed by any mature family member lets say 16 or 18+ or someone on their team in that same age range.

The problem in my area is that Mothers will drop masses of these younger kids off at the local indoor airsoft arena in the morning and pick them up 10hrs later...basically getting a $2 an hour babbysitting service.

Now about half the kids might actually be "into" airsoft and play responsibly/correct. But the other half?...Its not pretty...

The owners cant complain, because they are making money hand over fist and don't want to anger the parents who are also purchasing AEGs and gear for the kids from their store. But it stinks for the REFs and the more serious players.

Im sure waterparks and such have the same problem, but the customers are not flinging projectiles at each other, are they? :a-laugh:

Now I say that there should Not be an age limit for airsoft...but having very young or inexperienced airsoft players to "buddy up" with an older/more experienced player for the day might help.

The biggest problem is that the kids acting stupid/cheating are not being policed or more importantly, taught the proper way to play. Safety is drilled into them and rigorously inforced (at least where I play), but not a scrap of info is given as to "how to play correctly". I always try to instruct young players on the basics of fire and manuever....I laugh...because he's got $300 worth of tactical gear on, not counting the weapon, but he has no clue what "suppresion"means....LoL

I'd say seven or older is old enough to play airsoft. This is because in the united states, a kid under seven is seen as not fully aware of his actions so if he accidentally shoots a person he wont be held fully accountable. Once they hit seven, they are supposed to be able to understand their actions so if they shoot someone they are held responsible. If seven year olds are capable of understanding their actions with real weapons, then I feel the same should apply with airsoft guns and they should be able to follow rules and play the game.

I say 13 with all privileges. However, very few 13 yr olds are mature enough. I'm 13 but I'm in double-accelerated math, swim competively 6 days a week and have read the Iliad, Odessy, and the Aaened. Also, I have read beowolf and am currently reading the Master Of Hestviken. I hate that some immature pre-teens give mature people like me a bad name, so, if possible, some backround checks and simple questions should be done before letting the person play. Some people are mature, and others aren't.

I'd say seven or older is old enough to play airsoft. This is because in the united states, a kid under seven is seen as not fully aware of his actions so if he accidentally shoots a person he wont be held fully accountable. Once they hit seven, they are supposed to be able to understand their actions so if they shoot someone they are held responsible. If seven year olds are capable of understanding their actions with real weapons, then I feel the same should apply with airsoft guns and they should be able to follow rules and play the game.

What are you smoking? The legal age of majority in most states is 18.

It's just so much easier to say 18+ only.

Edited by Disco_Dante

I'd say 13+ but until you're 18 you need a signed waiver. Full privileges for everybody.

I say 13+ also. See I am 13 and most of our airsoft team is 13 and we all play responsibly, but there is always the kids with the Wallmart guns who are like 7 years old and they all don't call their hits or they just act immature. 13 is perfect, w just shouln't allow 450+ FPS and require a waiver until 18.

Guest tompulaski

I have no problems with over 13 players.Preteens are sometimes good players, but still. Not letting a minor play with full privilages is pointless

Guest tompulaski
I say 13+ also. See I am 13 and most of our airsoft team is 13 and we all play responsibly, but there is always the kids with the Wallmart guns who are like 7 years old and they all don't call their hits or they just act immature. 13 is perfect, w just shouln't allow 450+ FPS and require a waiver until 18.

I could not have said tha better myself. Not all preteens are bad. I have a 12 year old friend who plays, he uses brands like g&g, kwj, always calls hits, stronger then me

I said 10+, because that is usually the age when kids start to mature. I am 14, and I Play safe, and IMHO, and in the opinion of other fellow teammates, pretty well. I think kids 13 and below (not trying to be selfish or anything) should require a Full Face mask, and people 14+ Should be able to have full seal goggles, (most fields make people 18- wear Paintball masks) because honestly, Goggles will protect a 15 or 16 year old guy good and they don't have to wear the mask.