Hackleloaf'sM16

Tanaka m700 aics preban issue

Ok, so I have a Tanaka m700 AICS with a problem that I cannot figure out. It seems that the magazine isn't releasing enough gas per trigger pull to reach even the lowest of velocities (under 150 right now)

The actual firing "pin" spring seems to be perfectly strong, but the actual knocker inside the trigger mech does not move at all when resistance is applied to it, whch basically makes the magazine valve open a very small amount for a very short amount of time. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am an AEG guy and am new to gas rifles.

The PCS bolt position should be able to be disregarded, as the problem is not effected by its position.

Ok, so I have a Tanaka m700 AICS with a problem that I cannot figure out. It seems that the magazine isn't releasing enough gas per trigger pull to reach even the lowest of velocities (under 150 right now)

The actual firing "pin" spring seems to be perfectly strong, but the actual knocker inside the trigger mech does not move at all when resistance is applied to it, whch basically makes the magazine valve open a very small amount for a very short amount of time. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am an AEG guy and am new to gas rifles.

The PCS bolt position should be able to be disregarded, as the problem is not effected by its position.

Check your gas route spring, o-ring, and bolt rubber.

Sounds like the valve knocker is stuck because I'm getting a good 3/8" of movement on my M24 (should have same trigger mech). Have you tried lubing it or flushing out any debris with silicone spray? Idk, if it's the proper way, but I say it's worth a try.

How might I go about doing that? Sorry I really am a nub when it comes to this rifle.

Also, it seems when I pull the trigger the bolt drops about 3 millimeters after the hammer spring is released. Could this be part of the issue?

How might I go about doing that? Sorry I really am a nub when it comes to this rifle.

Also, it seems when I pull the trigger the bolt drops about 3 millimeters after the hammer spring is released. Could this be part of the issue?

There is a video on youtube on how to adjust the KJW m700 bolt. It's the same way on the Tanaka. Be careful in removing the bolt. there is a button just forward of the trigger that you need to press while pulling the bolt back. Once that is done, there are 2 screws under the bolt that need to be removed, then you need to insert an allen key into the rear of the bolt and loosen the allen key thing in the hole. After that, just tighten the spring on the bolt by screwing in the spring guide tighter. Put it all back together, and see how it shoots.

it seems that this part does not go all the way forward. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6430

If there was any less gas coming out of the mag right now, there wouldn't be any coming out.

Did you try with other mags?

It sound like impact plates worn out.

Does your impact plate look like the following? http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/picture-...&p=18366039

If it does, you have two choices. You can replace the impact plate with a King Arms steel impact plate separately and later the cocking piece or you can opt to purchase a G&G power pack. The impact plate is the cheapest option but eventually other parts will start to wear down as this is a result of hard use. The G&G power pack is the best option of course but is much pricier.

The bolt gets propped up by the sears. It's weird but doesn't effect the release of the gas.

Edited by Brainplay

DSCF2227.jpg

That is my impact plate.

But could that little of wear cause the gun to shoot at 50 fps? I mean the bbs literally roll out of the gun.

I had the same issue, I think it could be two issues.

Your striker spring is too loose, if the the cocking piece isn't going forward all the way you know that it isn't tightened all the way. Take out your bolt, unscrew the two flathead screws on your bolt, and you should see a spring, tighten that spring all the way and try again.

If that doesn't fix the issue it could be a problem with perhaps your hop up chamber, maybe the nozzle is pushing the bb out of the hop up and the bb is just rolling out, check that.

I had the same issue and the I tightened the spring inside the bolt and no more issues.

Sorry if this is a necro, but I believe I have the answer to his problem.

He's having the same issue that I am having, the cocking piece is not catching the first sear, when this happens the bolt is pushed upward and the spring isn't compressed against anything to apply pressure to the knocker arm. I'm not sure what the solution is, but it isn't the Cocking piece, as I have used my stock Tanaka piece and a G&G piece. I think machining of a new first sear would work, but I'm not 100% sure

DM Hackle, thanks for selling me the Tanaka at a great price. I was able to fix the trigger problem, now she's shooting like a champ. I did, however change the front of the bolt to a KJW bolt front end. It seems that whoever owned the gun before you had put the wrong size spacer in the front of the PCS bolt. I run HPA anyway, so this will not be a problem. There were a couple other issues with the gun also, the receiver was worn on the top inside causing the bolt to raise up and not catch on the sear. I remmedied this by using strips of aluminum from a Diet Coke can and gluing them to the top inside of the receiver where the bolt handle is. Problem fixxed. Thanks again! :)

Can we get a few pictures of the receiver problem at some point? This seems to be a unique problem and everyone would benefit to see the problem and fix.

Sure, no problem. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight. This gun is going to be a new project for me. Making a non-replica target gun out of this thing. Looks like I'm going to put my DMR project on the backburner.

A little update on what I've been doing with this thing. Not done yet, still have to integrate the CO2 rig into the stock, as well as paint.

DSC03879.jpg

Edited by egalsim